Crota's End Grimoire / Spoilers (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 09:08 (3436 days ago)

From the Crota's End Grimoire card:

"Toland tells us that Crota's presence in our world is a shadow. That its true power resides in a netherworld forged by his will. We must pass through a keyhole between realities, navigate the seething midnight of Crota's world-mind, and overthrow the ascendant champions that gather to his throne.

Toland speaks--he hardly seems mad, at times--of the terrible things that await us. A secret song he hungers to learn, and the issue of that song, an ashen burning star-husk that looms above, the utter antithesis of life. He talks of it with a curious ambition I do not want to understand."

Just in case anyone else was wondering where the heck we were during the Raid.

From the Crota, Son of Oryx Grimoire Card:

He hides in the dark below: the monster of Luna, the titanic god-Knight who walked the regolith beneath a sky of green fire and butchered the greatest army of Guardians ever assembled. We abandoned the Moon rather than face him.

Whispered lore and fragmentary theories suggest that Crota represents a distinct class of Hive entities, not resident in our material world. My latest synthesis of this scattered esoterica suggests that Crota's 'home' is a universe created or remade by his power and occupied by Hive organisms of immense age. Any Guardian formidable enough to return with information on this dark reality might help us understand the Hive's goals for our own world—and, more pressingly, such an expedition might provide the key to Crota's defeat.

The epithet Son of Oryx is an ambiguous translation, often disputed. At this time, no direct action by Hive entities of more expansive power has ever been observed. Those who trade in Hive lore bicker over the exact positioning of Crota—is his world the apex of Hive power, or is it the youngest and most accessible of a string of netherworlds, each host to a more terrible Hive archentity?

Concluding with a fun comment:

The nature and possible interrelationship of the Vex gate system with Hive netherworlds remains unexplored.

Next patch Crota will teleport 3 random Guardians instead of none.

Love that The Shattered features so much in those

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 09:20 (3436 days ago) @ petetheduck

From the Crota's End Grimoire card:

"Toland tells us that Crota's presence in our world is a shadow. That its true power resides in a netherworld forged by his will. We must pass through a keyhole between realities, navigate the seething midnight of Crota's world-mind, and overthrow the ascendant champions that gather to his throne.

Toland speaks--he hardly seems mad, at times--of the terrible things that await us. A secret song he hungers to learn, and the issue of that song, an ashen burning star-husk that looms above, the utter antithesis of life. He talks of it with a curious ambition I do not want to understand."

I love that Toland got some play in these raid cards. The dialogue ones he features directly in have some great characterization. Makes me wish that the exotic bounties had NPC's like Toland that you had to meet with and interact with in order to receive the gun. Like after you met Toland and did some things for him, he'd give you Bad Juju as a reward; pr you'd meet Toland's ghost, follow instructions he left with his ghost, then at the end find the gun in his tomb.

Love that The Shattered features so much in those

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 09:25 (3436 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I really think he just learned Ir-yut's song of death and just buggered off. I don't buy that he died

I think Osiris is the one that buggered off

by HavokBlue, California, Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 15:15 (3436 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

I get the feeling he'll show up in the tower for a couple weeks to sell shaders and subpar gear when his playlist unlocks.

Crota's End Grimoire / Spoilers

by Avateur @, Tuesday, December 23, 2014, 17:39 (3436 days ago) @ petetheduck

The most disappointing part about having not much of a story in Destiny is the utter lack of consequence after completing a Raid. Atheon got wiped out? Big deal. Crota got taken out? Oh well, the Hive still have the Moon. It's all so disjointed. I get the feeling that the next Raid is going to be exactly the same. Go to this place and kill this thing. Okay you did it, bye. Here's hoping Bungie releases an actual expansion or seriously goes over 9000% in on story in Destiny 2.

Crota's End Grimoire / Spoilers

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, December 25, 2014, 19:17 (3434 days ago) @ petetheduck

Concluding with a fun comment:

The nature and possible interrelationship of the Vex gate system with Hive netherworlds remains unexplored.

Next patch Crota will teleport 3 random Guardians instead of none.

There's something up. The mythoclast is super good against the Hive, and its Grimoire card talks about it being mysteriously fit to human hands. The Vex clearly built it so that humans could use it to murder Hive.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread