Atheon Hard-Mode Smackdown (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 06:18 (3432 days ago)

We did a hard run through the Vault of Glass last night. The entire run went very well (no deaths after the Templar) but we were particularly surprised by how quickly we beat Atheon. It only took 2 teleportations for us to thoroughly lay the smack down on him.

http://youtu.be/zlJv5nbzSqc

Certainly the smoothest hard-mode boss fight I've ever been a part of.

Atheon Hard-Mode Smackdown

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 08:01 (3432 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I particularly enjoyed when someone said to the relic holder "we need to count it down" (referring to the time's vengeance so we could get safely off the middle platform in time) and I simple responded, "no we don't" and two seconds later he was dead. :-)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 08:04 (3432 days ago) @ Speedracer513

That was great :)

I love the feeling of momentum when a group really clicks like that. Things get rolling and you just feel invincible.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 08:23 (3432 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

We did a hard run through the Vault of Glass last night. The entire run went very well (no deaths after the Templar) but we were particularly surprised by how quickly we beat Atheon. It only took 2 teleportations for us to thoroughly lay the smack down on him.

Don't we all have Gjallerhorns now? We need to go it in 17 seconds next. :-p

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 08:29 (3432 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I really want to try that as well. Not sure if it would work on hard mode, but I'm sure we could torch him on normal mode before the first teleportation. Especially if we get a couple weapons of light bubbles ready :)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 08:58 (3432 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I really want to try that as well. Not sure if it would work on hard mode, but I'm sure we could torch him on normal mode before the first teleportation. Especially if we get a couple weapons of light bubbles ready :)

The original 17 second takedown WAS on hard mode :-p

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 09:24 (3432 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Well then... we've just gotta aim for 16, then ;)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 11:03 (3432 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

No problem. Their gjallarhorns were limited to 300 attack!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 11:27 (3432 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No problem. Their gjallarhorns were limited to 300 attack!

Now that I finally got my Fatebringer, a 331 Gjallarhorn is at the very top of my wishlist. Once I get that, Hawkmoon, and the new Raid Sniper Rifle, I'll have all the guns I really want. Although a Hard Light would be nice, too. And if they ever release upgraded versions of Atheon's Epilogue and Fatebringer, those will go on the list. And a new shotgun might come in handy. Oh, who am I kidding. I'm nowhere close to "done" lol

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 08:26 (3432 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

So. Many. Epilogues.

Now I really want to run a Hard Raid. XBL people, unite!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 08:57 (3432 days ago) @ ZackDark

Shoot me an invite anytime you want to give it a go. I'm (almost) always down to raid! GT is DiscipleN2k.

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 11:09 (3432 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yes it was. I thoroughly enjoyed whipping that ass. Always nice playing with you, Cruel!

- CC

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread