Secret Santa 2014 Results and Discussion (DBO)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 11:14 (3421 days ago)

[image]

Happy Holidays Everybody!

This year's Secret Santa was an overall triumph, and I want to thank all the participants for helping to make this community a little brighter.

Pour yourself a hot toddy or some eggnog, and come on in to discuss what happened this holiday and what Santa brought you. If you didn't take part in this secret santa, don't feel bad! Go ahead and talk about what your other Santas brought you this year!

There was only 1 naughty Santa again this year--and as always--gifts have been withheld from naughty Santa until they are heard from. But don't worry if you haven't received my email yet. Gifts will be sent out over the next hour. Anyone on the naughty list was already emailed and directly notified.

Season's Greetings,

JDQuackers

P.S. To aide in the effort of guessing who your Secret Santa was, I am posting the list of participants here. If you know your Santa, or are making a guess, try to include their name in the Subject of your post to help future guessers narrow-down the list:

robofin117
Hyokin
Paddy
SEspider
bryan newman
quirel
Cody Miller
marmot 1333
Funkmon
Chewbaccawakka
breitzen
Laird
ncsuDuncan

Secret Santa 2014 Results and Discussion

by robofin117, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 13:10 (3421 days ago) @ JDQuackers

[image]
Well, someone gave me this for my Secret Santa. I certainly like it. Funny thing about my handle, I quickly made something up for the email and a gamertag for Xbox Live when I got my 360 in 2007. Or was it 2008? No matter. Thank you, I am guessing SEspider for this gift. If I am wrong, I still say thank you for my Secret Santa and the many lurkers in the HBO and the DBO forums.
Happy Holidays, robofin117.

PS: I definitely don't know how to re-size the image on this forum. Could someone tell me how?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 13:16 (3421 days ago) @ robofin117

PS: I definitely don't know how to re-size the image on this forum. Could someone tell me how?

Just use the thumbnail option, that's the only real way to resize an image that I'm aware of. I changed it to a thumbnail for you, but if you don't like it I can change it back!

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 13:37 (3421 days ago) @ robofin117

[image]
Well, someone gave me this for my Secret Santa. I certainly like it. Funny thing about my handle, I quickly made something up for the email and a gamertag for Xbox Live when I got my 360 in 2007. Or was it 2008? No matter. Thank you, I am guessing SEspider for this gift. If I am wrong, I still say thank you for my Secret Santa and the many lurkers in the HBO and the DBO forums.
Happy Holidays, robofin117.

in imgur add l, m, or s to the end of the filename to get resized. For Example:

[image]

[image]

[image]

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 13:39 (3421 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Sweet, didn't know you could do this! Thanks Paddy!

by robofin117, Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 13:46 (3421 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Thank you for the info.

Secret Santa 2014 Results and Discussion - My Gift and Guess

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Friday, December 26, 2014, 19:00 (3418 days ago) @ JDQuackers

So I was finally able to check my email today and I saw that my secret santa gift was waiting for me. I was ecstatic but I had to wait until I got home from work before I was able to sit down to check it out. Turns out someone has been following the online-exploits of one of my Pathfinder characters, Mot Casns, and decided to write a short tale from Mots (pre-game) past.

Needles to say I eagerly opened up the file attachment and began to read. It's great and I thoroughly enjoyed it! If anyone cares to, I posted it online here. You can find it near the bottom of the page in Mot Casns most recent post.

I recognized the writing style pretty quickly, so I feel I can say with a certain measure of confidence that my secret santa was Quirel. If not, colour me surprised!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, December 26, 2014, 19:24 (3418 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Ha! Excellent! The story hit on all the aspects of Mot and the style and back looking point of view was familiar. I recognized a trio of quick cameos in there too! :p

by Quirel, Saturday, December 27, 2014, 00:27 (3418 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Ha! Excellent! The story hit on all the aspects of Mot and the style and back looking point of view was familiar.

Oh, come on. I write more than just past-tense in the first person! Like... um... a whole bunch of stuff you probably haven't read.

I recognized a trio of quick cameos in there too! :p

Hope I did y'all justice.

I was considering commissioning a picture from Leviathan showing Mott quaffing and wenching at the bar, with four people doing their own thing in the background. Alas, it was not to be.

That was great! Thanks for sharing, man

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, December 26, 2014, 19:36 (3418 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

Is my writing style really that distinctive?

by Quirel, Saturday, December 27, 2014, 00:20 (3418 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I'm not complaining, not complaining at all. It's one of the longest things I've written in a while, so it's nice to see that it was such a hit. Glad you enjoyed it, and I hope to write for one of you next year!

Is my writing style really that distinctive?

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Saturday, December 27, 2014, 00:26 (3418 days ago) @ Quirel

Indeed so, friend! Your voice is consistent and well-measured. And I really enjoyed your take on the rising legend that is Mot Casns!

Two words.

by Quirel, Saturday, December 27, 2014, 00:28 (3418 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Indeed so, friend! Your voice is consistent and well-measured. And I really enjoyed your take on the rising legend that is Mot Casns!

Owlbear cavalry.

It'll happen one of these days.

Fingers crossed!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Saturday, December 27, 2014, 01:34 (3418 days ago) @ Quirel

- No text -

by ncsuDuncan @, Monday, December 29, 2014, 22:01 (3415 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I got a package of two 360 games!

Metal Gear Rising
Dark Souls

I've heard great things about these games and wanted to try them out, but never got around to purchasing them. Now I have no excuse. :P

Thanks, Secret Santa! (Whoever you are.)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread