Late Night VoG Hard Mode tonight [PS4] (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 29, 2014, 08:48 (3427 days ago)

I'm hoping to take my hunter through her first raid tonight. If anyone wants to run through the Vault of Glass with me, I'll be online at roughly 12:30 am EST. I created an event in the DBO Fireteam Builder:

http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?mode=fireteambuilder&event=19

Late Night VoG Hard Mode tonight [PS4]

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 29, 2014, 08:53 (3427 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm hoping to take my hunter through her first raid tonight. If anyone wants to run through the Vault of Glass with me, I'll be online at roughly 12:30 am EST. I created an event in the DBO Fireteam Builder:

If I can get my hunter to 20 by then, which should be possible, sure. Want to do nightfall after?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 29, 2014, 09:29 (3427 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If I can get my hunter to 20 by then, which should be possible, sure. Want to do nightfall after?

Depends on how late the raid goes. I'm on 3 hours of sleep right now, so I can't stay up too late tonight. But if the Vault of Glass goes smoothly, I'm totally down to run the nightfall with you.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, December 29, 2014, 09:32 (3427 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Seriously? You can run VoG as a 20? What's the cutoff?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, December 29, 2014, 10:21 (3427 days ago) @ Claude Errera

If you have duplicate classes, you can just swap their gear through your vault. Since Levels 21-32 are dependant on your armour's light level, you can instantly boost that new character to whatever level the old one was, assuming they can actually equip the armour.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, December 29, 2014, 10:35 (3427 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm down.

Do you think we could try this?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 29, 2014, 11:40 (3427 days ago) @ Cody Miller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6asGPSQ3D4

I think enough of us have Gjallarhorns to pull this off. I just unlocked the Wolfpack upgrade on my Gjallarhorn 2.0, and I know Cody has a fully upgraded G 2.0. If we can get a couple titans with bubble shields, 2 Gjallarhorns up top, and a couple more down below, we could probably take him out without teleporting fairly easily.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 29, 2014, 11:46 (3427 days ago) @ CyberKN

If you have duplicate classes, you can just swap their gear through your vault. Since Levels 21-32 are dependant on your armour's light level, you can instantly boost that new character to whatever level the old one was, assuming they can actually equip the armour.

The only little wrinkle (which I should have anticipated, but didn't) is that handing down armor to a new character means bypassing all the time you would normally spend leveling up your abilities. I had a complete set of Legendary gear ready for my first Hunter (my Warlock seems to get an unusual amount of hunter gear through drops). As soon as she hit 20, I slapped the legendary gear on her and bounced her straight up to 26. But she only had like half her skill-tree unlocked, so she felt quite underpowered compared to my Warlock when he was at 26.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 29, 2014, 11:47 (3427 days ago) @ Vortech

I'm down.

Sweet! What's your PSN ID?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 29, 2014, 12:25 (3427 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The only little wrinkle (which I should have anticipated, but didn't) is that handing down armor to a new character means bypassing all the time you would normally spend leveling up your abilities. I had a complete set of Legendary gear ready for my first Hunter (my Warlock seems to get an unusual amount of hunter gear through drops). As soon as she hit 20, I slapped the legendary gear on her and bounced her straight up to 26. But she only had like half her skill-tree unlocked, so she felt quite underpowered compared to my Warlock when he was at 26.

Fortunately Vault of Glass doesn't really have any situations where bladedancer is the best option.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, December 29, 2014, 12:27 (3426 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Seriously? You can run VoG as a 20? What's the cutoff?

You can't run hard mode as a 20.

But you can equip legendary / exotic gear at 20. Transfer it over from the main character, an you are 31 instantly. Having three hunters lets me get rewards for raids / nightfalls / heroics 3x a week with minimal investment in gear, since they all share. Much less frustration when you are rolling the RNG three times as much. But I still only have 2 pieces of Crota armor and no Black Hammer :-/

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, December 29, 2014, 15:51 (3426 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

VortechRM (on PSN)

I put it in the event planner

(Internet tone of voice clarification: I'm not being bitchy about posting it twice I'm just trying to build support for the planning tool by mentioning it a lot).

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, December 29, 2014, 17:35 (3426 days ago) @ Vortech

Gotcha :)

I'll send you a Friend Request.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread