Suggested fixes for the next patch (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 11:16 (3426 days ago)

-Fix all Crota Cheese
-Add Crota Hard mode
-Double crucible marks gained per game
-Larger Vault
-Items should go into your inventory immediately at the game summary screen, not on orbit
-The game should no longer pull you out of your menu on its own. Ever.
-Vault of Glass Exotics should drop new versions
-Wipe out the heavy ammo bug
-Wipe out the full inventory / Ammo pack bug
-Disable the use of ammo packs when using them would not give you ammo
-Buffs to all the Dark Below Exotic weapons
-Restarting missions should work correctly
-You should no longer be prevented from gaining glimmer with consumables in high value spots, such as much of the Vault of glass, the steps on the Undying Mind strike, etc.
-Strikes should have a difficulty level select just like story missions
-More maps in the DLC crucible rotation
-Mail me a hawkmoon

Suggested fixes for the next patch

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:00 (3426 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I just noticed this recently myself, if what you mean is that when you hit the button to restart, it actually just starts you at the same checkpoint as if you had not chosen restart.

This would be nice.

by petetheduck, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:05 (3426 days ago) @ stabbim

I just noticed this recently myself, if what you mean is that when you hit the button to restart, it actually just starts you at the same checkpoint as if you had not chosen restart.

You guys might already know this, but I recently learned that when you select a mission that you have a checkpoint on, when you select what difficulty you want to play it on, pressing 'X' instead of 'A' to select the difficulty will reset the mission.

As in, the reset option is hidden, but exists. Someone will have to do the button conversions for Playstation people.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:07 (3426 days ago) @ Cody Miller

-Add Crota Hard mode

Not a "fix", they said they were adding one, no?

It doesn't take that many games to max it out over the week. You just want to max out on day one.

-Larger Vault

They should sell one, yes. I think $5 is reasonable.

-Items should go into your inventory immediately at the game summary screen, not on orbit

That's a minor nitpick. Probably won't happen.

Yeah, that is somewhat annoying, but I can see instances of where it would be ideal (spawning, for example).

No. As the only elemental primaries, they already have strengths that give them long-term value. No reason they should be bumped up.

They said they were working on it. Reading helps!

The only way that I can see this taken care of is by increasing inventory size, or adding an invisible temp-slot reserved for the use of an ammo pack.

Or just wise up on when you can and can't use an ammo pack. I've NEVER wasted one, and I use them pretty regularly. Low-priority, as it is indeed an existing (yet minor) issue.

Except the 4th Horseman. That thing wrecks as it is...

Yeah, that's annoying.

-You should no longer be prevented from gaining glimmer with consumables in high value spots, such as much of the Vault of glass, the steps on the Undying Mind strike, etc.

The reason this likely happens is because of how the enemies are labeled, and because you'd just farm these areas endlessly. There are already some high-glimmer areas, and you want them to intentionally add more? I scoff at thee.

It's called "Strike Playlist". 18-26, take your pick!

I've always hated "DLC Only" playlists. What better way to get tired of the new maps than a playlist that only features new maps? implement them into the existing playlists.

-Mail me a hawkmoon

I need one too, but I'm not in the business of begging for handouts.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:08 (3426 days ago) @ petetheduck

As in, the reset option is hidden, but exists. Someone will have to do the button conversions for Playstation people.

Hit ◻ instead of X.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:09 (3426 days ago) @ stabbim

Someone on Reddit found a fix for this. It's not intuitive at all, but pressing "X" (or whatever the Playstation equivalent is) when selecting the mission only resets progress for the easiest difficulty. To reset it for any other difficulty, you have to press "X" when you select that difficulty.

-Disciple

Edit: Too slow. That's what I get for trying to post and eat at the same time :p

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:11 (3426 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:16

No. As the only elemental primaries, they already have strengths that give them long-term value. No reason they should be bumped up.

I said EXOTICS. Not the Legendary Raid weapons.

As far as crucible marks, doubling would bump them up to the rate at which you can earn Vanguard marks in the strike playlists. Right now you get crucible marks twice as slow, which doesn't seem right.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:22 (3426 days ago) @ Korny

But what if I don't want to kill the Nexus guy for the fourth time in a row?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:23 (3426 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

They really need a strike playlist that throws in random modifiers. Like nightfall-lite, and you get some strange coins or motes of light.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:24 (3426 days ago) @ iconicbanana

They really need a strike playlist that throws in random modifiers. Like nightfall-lite, and you get some strange coins or motes of light.

That would be cool. Would also be ok with controlling those modifiers ourselves for all activities. Replay the entire game with two friends with Angry and Heroic on? Fuck yes.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:27 (3425 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

That would be cool. Would also be ok with controlling those modifiers ourselves for all activities. Replay the entire game with two friends with Angry and Heroic on? Fuck yes.

I want to turn on lightswitch, get to that 'woken the hive' part on the dark beyond with two other people, and we can only use No Land Beyond.

by Velociraptor112, Places., Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:28 (3425 days ago) @ Cody Miller

-Mail me a hawkmoon

-Make Hawkmoon Available to Xbox players so I can get one.

Pls.

Hopefully they do most of these, though. Haha.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:29 (3425 days ago) @ iconicbanana

You really are into kink aren't you?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:31 (3425 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

You really are into kink aren't you?

It'd be like Zulu!

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 12:33 (3425 days ago) @ Velociraptor112

-Mail me a hawkmoon

-Make Hawkmoon Available to Xbox players so I can not get one too.

FTFY ;-)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 13:23 (3425 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I bet a lot of these are on their list, though it will probably be a few before they all are covered. The only one I'm against is the never-be-kicked-out-of-the-menu fix.

It was definitely annoying when the game started and you would be kicked all the time, but they patched most of that issue. Right now, I'm only getting kicked when the mission/strike/map loads, which is exactly when I want to be kicked so I'm ready to play. I often play at night with the volume down and if it didn't kick me then, I'd probably miss the audio cues and wind up getting killed, etc. And even with the sound up, I'd want it so I can get in the right mindset for the activity.

On the engineering side, I bet they probably have to kick people out of the menu at that point for the instance to start on the right foot.

Now, if you're talking about getting kicked at other times or something, disregard all this. :)

OIC.

by Velociraptor112, Places., Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 13:51 (3425 days ago) @ dogcow

- No text -

by HuskerAlpha, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 14:04 (3425 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Can we get a big head modifier as well?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 14:09 (3425 days ago) @ HuskerAlpha

Can we get a big head modifier as well?

[image]
Ahhhhh, memories.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 14:51 (3425 days ago) @ petetheduck

Er, that's what I was referring to. However, when I've tried it, it didn't work. I just wound up at the same saved checkpoint.

Edit: Wait, after reading a couple more posts on this subject, I now realize this is specifically when selecting the difficulty level. The UI really does a poor job of making it clear.

Re: Glimmer

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 16:55 (3425 days ago) @ Korny

Korny I think Cody's right here. It's not neccesarily about there being more high value farming spots, its more about being able to get glimmer from doing fun stuff like raids and strikes instead of killing cabal over and over and checkpoint resetting.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 17:17 (3425 days ago) @ Cody Miller

-Fix all Crota Cheeses

No.

-Add Crota Hard mode

In progress. Level 33-36. Bungie's hard at work trying to think of ways to screw us even harder with more impossible crap.

Have to agree with this one.

-Larger Vault

Definitely. Better, more selective RNG.

I think they do...

Not possible.

Better than trading up, that's for sure.

Hmm?

Thricely redundant.

Not sure what you mean there.

In Dark Below related quests/raids only, right?

Got a point there. That's (almost) their purpose.

They....pretty much already do.

This is exactly the opposite of what everyone else was complaining about when Halo DLC came out--whenever they made a DLC playlist, people got every map in there except DLC. I understand this one, even though it's only 2 out of three each playlist.

-Mail me a hawkmoon

What's a hawkmoon?

Re: Glimmer

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, December 31, 2014, 14:39 (3424 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

Korny I think Cody's right here. It's not neccesarily about there being more high value farming spots, its more about being able to get glimmer from doing fun stuff like raids and strikes instead of killing cabal over and over and checkpoint resetting.

Right. People are already running stuff over and over (I see many people in my friends list on Exclusion Zone every time I log on), so you might as well have them play something fun over and over. And so you max out your glimmer, so what?

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread