Say it ain't so (Off-Topic)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, January 05, 2015, 18:31 (3408 days ago)

http://www.vg247.com/2014/12/22/naughty-dog-is-working-on-the-last-of-us-2-rumour/

This is a terrible idea. TERRIBLE. Don't mess up a perfect ending!

It could just be another story in The Last of Us universe

by Dan de Board @, Monday, January 05, 2015, 19:02 (3408 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'd be down for that. See how it affected other areas of the world, like Canada or Mexico.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 05, 2015, 19:55 (3408 days ago) @ Dan de Board

Ish, Tommy, Marlene, and Bill all have interesting stories that would be great to explore. Heck, the 20 years between the prologue and the main game would be great character development for Joel, Tommy, or Marlene...

Even the years after the game would be neat to explore with a new group, as maybe you could begin to push out and try to reclaim parts of the world all State of Decay style...

The universe is ripe, though I really hope they leave the main story as-is. Endings don't get more perfect than that.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 09:42 (3408 days ago) @ Korny

The universe is ripe, though I really hope they leave the main story as-is. Endings don't get more perfect than that.

It is a cool universe. Though the ending was soooo perfect that I'm not sure I'd want to see a sequel (or second game). I kinda like the idea that the game stands alone as a testament to story-telling in video-games.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 09:51 (3408 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

It is a cool universe. Though the ending was soooo perfect that I'm not sure I'd want to see a sequel (or second game). I kinda like the idea that the game stands alone as a testament to story-telling in video-games.

It's a victim of its own success, though. A sequel is inevitable, and Ellie and Joel are too popular to leave out of it, although I'd like to be wrong for the reason you mention.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread