Levi is Amazing! (Off-Topic)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 12:03 (3396 days ago)

So my wife and I commissioned some artwork from Levi. He sent us a thumbnail and today just posted WIP on twitter. I can't wait for the finished product.

Original thumbnail version:
[image]

WIP:
[image]

Twitter links in case the image urls don't work anymore:

http://t.co/EHFQp2RV3u
http://t.co/jaAA3m4P3g

Levi is Amazing!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 12:18 (3396 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I kinda want to jump into those painting and hike across that wilderness. Preferably with an MA5. Levi is so freaking good!

MA5

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, January 09, 2015, 09:23 (3395 days ago) @ Grizzlei
edited by Blackt1g3r, Friday, January 09, 2015, 09:27

I wish there was a non-exotic weapon that looked like the MA5. That was a great gun.

MA5

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 09, 2015, 09:31 (3395 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I wish there was a non-exotic weapon that looked like the MA5. That was a great gun.

I am still waiting for Bungie to make an MA-75 - a heavy machine gun that can also fire grenades using secondary ammo. That would be a cool new exotic.

MA5

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, January 09, 2015, 09:35 (3395 days ago) @ Cody Miller

How would you control it?

MA5

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 09, 2015, 09:38 (3395 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

It would have to have high recoil I guess, as firing the original was like wrestling a greased pig according to Durandal.

If you mean how would you fire a grenade, then thats easy. ADS = machine gun, hip fire = grenade.

MA5

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, January 09, 2015, 11:48 (3395 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It would have to have high recoil I guess, as firing the original was like wrestling a greased pig according to Durandal.

If you mean how would you fire a grenade, then thats easy. ADS = machine gun, hip fire = grenade.

The second one is what I meant. That's an interesting solution. Especially since normally if you are close quarters you don't want to ADS which could result in you blowing your self up along with your opponent!

MA5

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, January 09, 2015, 11:56 (3395 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

The second one is what I meant. That's an interesting solution. Especially since normally if you are close quarters you don't want to ADS which could result in you blowing your self up along with your opponent!

That's kind of what I was thinking. You could instead go with ADS + Throw Grenade = Grenade Launcher, but that might be a little awkward for some controller layouts.

-Disciple

MA5

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, January 09, 2015, 12:26 (3395 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

If Bungie really wants to drastically alter how control schemes work then I would think that you would just make the gun replace your grenade slot. While using it you wouldn't be able to use your regular grenades (trade-off), but you would be able to expend special ammo to fire grenades at enemies. Tie this in with reduced damage and the correct rate of fire and I could see how that would work out nicely.

MA5

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, January 09, 2015, 12:29 (3395 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

If Bungie really wants to drastically alter how control schemes work then I would think that you would just make the gun replace your grenade slot. While using it you wouldn't be able to use your regular grenades (trade-off), but you would be able to expend special ammo to fire grenades at enemies. Tie this in with reduced damage and the correct rate of fire and I could see how that would work out nicely.

Or the trade off could simply be no ADS for the gun. Always hip fire, make ADS the grenade.

MA5

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 09, 2015, 12:34 (3395 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Or the trade off could simply be no ADS for the gun. Always hip fire, make ADS the grenade.

This is cool! And true to form as the gun from Marathon had a wide spread and was not so good against distant enemies with the primary trigger.

MA5

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, January 09, 2015, 12:35 (3395 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Plus I feel like heavy machine gun's aren't supposed to be good at range anyway.

Tell that to my Swarm

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, January 09, 2015, 17:06 (3395 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

I hope Bungie is reading this thread. Brilliant ideas...

by ckamp, Friday, January 09, 2015, 12:39 (3395 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread