Hypothetical question (Destiny)

by Lawnmower172, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 14:56 (3417 days ago)

So, let's say you are clearing out a character's inventory while enroute to the tower.

You are distracted by the cat. Or dog. Or both.

And let's say you accidentally shredded Murmur.

Is there any way to get another one?

Of course, I am only asking this as a hypothetical question.

(Yeah, strictly hypothetical.)

Hypothetical question

by Earendil, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 14:59 (3417 days ago) @ Lawnmower172

You could start a new character and run the early Eris missions again...hypothetically.

Hypothetical question

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 14:59 (3417 days ago) @ Lawnmower172

So, let's say you are clearing out a character's inventory while enroute to the tower.

You are distracted by the cat. Or dog. Or both.

And let's say you accidentally shredded Murmur.

Is there any way to get another one?

Of course, I am only asking this as a hypothetical question.

(Yeah, strictly hypothetical.)

Make a new character? Did you get it on all 3 of your characters? Each can do the bounty.

Important caveat

by Lawnmower172, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 15:23 (3417 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Let's say that all three characters already did the mission, an you shredded the other two Murmurs because you share weapons via the vault.

Just to make our purely hypothetical situation clear.

If this were to happen, I think I would blame the dog. He likes to bump my hands when I'm using the controller.

Hypothetical question

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 16:13 (3417 days ago) @ Lawnmower172

I hate to say it, but I think your only option is to delete a character. If you transfer ALL of their items to the vault first, the only thing you'll lose is the time it takes to level the replacement character up to 20. Which, in my experience, is a little over a day if you get some leveled-up friends to help speed you through the story missions at max difficulty (higher XP bonus). Run the strikes when they unlock as well, and remember to pick up as many bounties as possible along the way. Come back and check often because they keep giving you one or two new ones at a time when you're on the way up to 20 - it's not just the usual 6 per day.

Seems like a bit much for one fusion rifle, but if your question is how to re-obtain it, I don't know of another way.

Oh.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 16:27 (3417 days ago) @ Lawnmower172

Let's say that all three characters already did the mission, an you shredded the other two Murmurs because you share weapons via the vault.

Just to make our purely hypothetical situation clear.

[image]

I still blame the dog

by Lawnmower172, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 18:34 (3417 days ago) @ iconicbanana

He ate my Murrmur. :(

Thought so :(

by Lawnmower172, Thursday, January 08, 2015, 18:35 (3417 days ago) @ stabbim

Hoped for any ther way out.

Hypothetical question

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Friday, January 09, 2015, 12:03 (3416 days ago) @ stabbim

You will also lose any subclass leveling you did.

Important caveat

by digital_ronin, Friday, January 09, 2015, 12:31 (3416 days ago) @ Lawnmower172

You can always forget about Murmur and play the raid hoping for a Light of the Abyss. It is a good arc fusion rifle with a quick charge rate.

Murmur will probably be superseded by the weapons that show up in House of Wolves in a couple months, so you can always take consolation in that.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread