Bungie Bounty comes home! (DBO)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Monday, January 26, 2015, 14:57 (3388 days ago)

Wow, the current Bungie Bounty features our very own squad of DBOers!

Congrats guys, and good hunting!

Hey Phisto? What gives?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, January 26, 2015, 15:05 (3388 days ago) @ Speedracer513
edited by iconicbanana, Monday, January 26, 2015, 15:24

We need that smash smash thing that you do.

Hey Phisto? What gives?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 05:12 (3387 days ago) @ iconicbanana

*wakes up*

Eh, who, what? Wednesday night? Unless work is murder (huge storm, I'm sure you've all heard about it) I'm in.

Hey Phisto? What gives?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 06:06 (3387 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Awwwwwww yeeeeeeeee.

Sweet.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, January 26, 2015, 15:07 (3388 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

I wanna kick some tail

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, January 26, 2015, 15:07 (3388 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Is it completely random if we get matched up? some of you are on my friends list and I'd love to have a chance at beating you guys

Clarification required.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, January 26, 2015, 15:11 (3388 days ago) @ unoudid

Is it completely random if we get matched up? some of you are on my friends list and I'd love to have a chance at beating you guys

I don't think we're playing with DeeJ in the forum fireteam, right? We're just trying to matchmake up with the admin fireteam?

DeeJ will be on the admin fireteam.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, January 26, 2015, 15:12 (3388 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Ha! Some randoms are gonna be pissed when they beat us...

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, January 26, 2015, 15:28 (3388 days ago) @ Xenos

...only to realize it's the forum team.

[image]

let me rephrase.... I wanna kick Deej's tail in crucible

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, January 26, 2015, 15:24 (3388 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Keep 'em comin'! Let's double up that fireteam!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, January 26, 2015, 16:11 (3388 days ago) @ unoudid

Twice the team means twice the shots at DeeJ!

Deej probably rigged it so he can't face us

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, January 26, 2015, 16:28 (3388 days ago) @ unoudid

They can do that right? :P

He's Scared?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, January 26, 2015, 16:29 (3388 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

- No text -

DeeJ is a champ. Check yourself.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, January 26, 2015, 16:29 (3388 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

hopefully my Mythoclast will make him run and hide

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, January 26, 2015, 16:32 (3388 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

It's true, Deej is a class act

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 05:53 (3387 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Maaaaybe I should've fact checked that.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 06:39 (3387 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

If destinytracker is a fair representation of DeeJ's skill, look out Admin team. We're comin'.

How to play against us

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, January 26, 2015, 15:25 (3388 days ago) @ iconicbanana

It's going to be admittedly difficult and will take some luck. The admins and DeeJ are making a fireteam and jumping into Matchmaking on the Control playlist (not the DLC one, just the regular one).

Here's the hard part: you'll have to try to get matchmade against us. Your best bet is to probably set up your own fireteam(s) and watch the Twitch streams; wait until we start matchmaking and try to jump in at the same time. Remember that Twitch streams have a 15-30 second delay, so you'll need to compensate for the delay and preempt matchmaking.

I would love nothing more than to run into a few DBOers on Wednesday evening!

How to play against us

by petetheduck, Monday, January 26, 2015, 15:59 (3388 days ago) @ Beorn

It's going to be admittedly difficult and will take some luck. The admins and DeeJ are making a fireteam and jumping into Matchmaking on the Control playlist (not the DLC one, just the regular one).

Here's the hard part: you'll have to try to get matchmade against us. Your best bet is to probably set up your own fireteam(s) and watch the Twitch streams; wait until we start matchmaking and try to jump in at the same time. Remember that Twitch streams have a 15-30 second delay, so you'll need to compensate for the delay and preempt matchmaking.

I would love nothing more than to run into a few DBOers on Wednesday evening!

Chances of getting matched up against you guys > chances of beating Crota on hard mode > chances of getting Gjallarhorn

How to play against us

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, January 26, 2015, 16:04 (3388 days ago) @ petetheduck

Odds are even worse that I would win if I got into a match, but this is the best shot I've got to get that emblem.

I wanna kick some tail

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, January 26, 2015, 15:11 (3388 days ago) @ unoudid

Yeah, 100% up to matchmaking!

Of all the requests I have about Destiny, custom games (even just pitting friends against friends) is in the top 5.

Bungie Bounty comes home!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, January 26, 2015, 16:26 (3388 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Finally, the Bungie bounty is on 360! I can't wait to kick some Bungie/DBO tail!

There are going to be A LOT of emblems given away...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 26, 2015, 16:26 (3388 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Ha!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, January 26, 2015, 16:27 (3388 days ago) @ Korny

You don't think Beorn can go ham on every1, bra?

About to start a Rocky-montage of Destiny training tonight!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, January 26, 2015, 17:35 (3388 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Set to "Blow Me Away".

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 26, 2015, 17:50 (3388 days ago) @ Leviathan

- No text -

There are going to be A LOT of emblems given away...

by Claude Errera @, Monday, January 26, 2015, 17:41 (3388 days ago) @ Korny

I predict that fewer people will win emblems against us than bought Icebreaker a couple of weeks ago.

That's a bold claim, friend...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, January 26, 2015, 17:49 (3388 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

I'm a bold man.

by Claude Errera @, Monday, January 26, 2015, 17:52 (3388 days ago) @ Korny

Or at least semibold.

(That, and we'll face fewer than 50 players, total. It's just a two-hour window.)

Congrats you guys! Should be fun!

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, January 26, 2015, 19:21 (3388 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

Bungie Bounty comes home!

by Kahzgul, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 00:24 (3388 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Good luck DBO Admins!

Remember: Take point C.

Wait, Claude keeps telling me to take A…

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 00:26 (3388 days ago) @ Kahzgul

;-)

You're all wrong.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 05:20 (3387 days ago) @ Beorn

The control points are lava. Stay away from them. Um... yeah. That's it.

He's clearly talking about Exodus Blue...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 05:54 (3387 days ago) @ Beorn

Avoid C at all costs...

Well

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 07:07 (3387 days ago) @ Korny

If they're on that map during the 360 Bounty, something's gone terribly wrong...

Missed Oppertunity? (Bungie Bounty comes home!)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 08:00 (3387 days ago) @ Speedracer513

So,

I think this whole thing is really neat, however, I'm wondering why it is limited to just the site admins?

Consoles aside, the DBO community is (I feel) pretty large, large enough that it could easily field a few more teams on 360.

I realize that scheduling can be a pain, and there likely would have needed to be more notice, but wouldn't it have been a lot cooler to get more than one DBO squad up and running for that time?

Idk.

I'm not trying be a buzz kill, but I can't help but feel we could kick more ass (especially the PS4 team) with more of us participating.

Maybe next time?

VERY good point

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 08:40 (3387 days ago) @ Revenant1988

So,

I think this whole thing is really neat, however, I'm wondering why it is limited to just the site admins?

Consoles aside, the DBO community is (I feel) pretty large, large enough that it could easily field a few more teams on 360.

I realize that scheduling can be a pain, and there likely would have needed to be more notice, but wouldn't it have been a lot cooler to get more than one DBO squad up and running for that time?

Idk.

I'm not trying be a buzz kill, but I can't help but feel we could kick more ass (especially the PS4 team) with more of us participating.

Maybe next time?

As it is, it looks like we will be fielding at least two extra teams on 360 - but those extra teams will just be like any other schmoes hoping to get matched up against the Deej/Admin group in matchmaking. Why not have three or four teams of DBOers vying for the trophy against the world? More of the DBO community being featured, and more chances for the Destiny community to go for the emblem. Seems like a no-brainer.

I'd love to do this.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 08:54 (3387 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

+1

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 10:31 (3387 days ago) @ Speedracer513

- No text -

More bounty ideas

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 10:33 (3387 days ago) @ Revenant1988

What if Bungie picked a clan every so often and made the entire clan the bounty. If the clan is able to get by without a loss (or a significant percentage of wins) they get a special emblem to say how well they did. Players that defeat them also get a special emblem.

More bounty ideas

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 10:41 (3387 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

That COULD be fun, however, I think it would be easy to abuse.

You'd have people just change their clan tags or join en mass, which defeats the purpose of the community feeling.

Still, I think this is a case where less doesn't equal more.

We've got a big community, MOST of us have our tags set, and could go in as a group. Heck, give us a temporary emblem or something to make us stick out, and then when the event is over, pull it back.

I think what Deej is doing is a great start, but it could easily be taken to a higher level, and get MORE of us involved. We've got plenty of the "captain" types here, and many of us are no strangers to the challenge that was Match Making night, or Co-op night.

We can do it.

We have the technology.

We have no style.

We have no grace.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 10:55 (3387 days ago) @ Revenant1988

We've got enough signed up right now to field 2 teams besides the admin team.

Guess PS4 is left out in the cold. That's a darn shame, friend.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 11:02 (3387 days ago) @ bluerunner

We've got enough signed up right now to field 2 teams besides the admin team.

But that doesn't matter, because only Claude's team is the team to kill, correct?

If I'm on team Randy, and I run into, and Beat Claude's team, I get an emblem.

If I'm on team Randy, and I run into you chumps, I get the pleasure of beating a no-armed guy in an arm wrestling contest.

What I'm saying, is that Deej COULD HAVE enlisted a few more teams here, beyond the admins.

Guess PS4 is left out in the cold. That's a darn shame, friend.

You've been infected. We're gonna have to put you down, I'm afraid. The K-Virus has claimed a new victim.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 11:13 (3387 days ago) @ Revenant1988

What I'm saying, is that Deej COULD HAVE enlisted a few more teams here, beyond the admins.

But that may be more work than it's worth. How would he do that? Make a thread? You'd have people jumping in here from everywhere just signing up to say they played with Deej. Remember the flood of people who jumped on HBO when a contest ran? Somebody then has to sort out regulars from newcomers. He could have gone through and invited regulars, but how do you do that fairly? More work than it's worth. Rounding up the admins is easy and it's a nice reward for their work.

+1

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 11:14 (3387 days ago) @ bluerunner

But that may be more work than it's worth. How would he do that? Make a thread? You'd have people jumping in here from everywhere just signing up to say they played with Deej. Remember the flood of people who jumped on HBO when a contest ran? Somebody then has to sort out regulars from newcomers. He could have gone through and invited regulars, but how do you do that fairly? More work than it's worth. Rounding up the admins is easy and it's a nice reward for their work.

It's a thankless job. I think this is the right way to look at it.

+1

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 11:16 (3387 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I look forward to thanking them with my titan's fists.

+1

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 12:20 (3387 days ago) @ bluerunner

Me too. :)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 11:21 (3387 days ago) @ bluerunner

A valid concern.

Simple: Don't mention that it has ANYTHING to do with Bungie.

Claude or other Admin gets on, posts thread to the extent of:

"DBO Community event, groups of 6 required. Time is XX\XX\XXXX from _to_pm. Time is NOT negotioable, or reschedule. Each team of 6 pick a captain. Details will be distributed to captain before go-time. Submit team roster by XX\XX\XXXX".

We're pretty capable, we've done similar things before. One of the things I've really enjoyed about HBO\DBO is that, relatively speaking, we're a mature community.

Yeah, we'd have some people flake or miss it, someone always does. Get a few alternates lined up.

It can be done.

More work than it's worth? BAH, I say. FUN.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 19:43 (3387 days ago) @ Revenant1988

This is really Deej's thing, and we're at his whim (which I'm happy to be). I got the impression that the Bungie Bounty is about players trying to beat Bungie at their own game and filling up the non-Bungie spots with a few people from the community to bring attention to fansites is an added bonus.

I think it would be cool if we could include more folks like you say (and I agree, I think DBO could pull it off on our end), but imagining it from Deej's point of view, what you're suggesting is a different kind of beast. :) If more Bungie representatives were available or something, like one for every team, I could see it happening for sure. But having Deej alone comb through games of people he never played with -teams who may have had subs and other variables- sounds like a headache for him, and you open the floor to a lot more potential headaches like false claims and impostors and other unforeseen troubles. You'd have teams of non-Bungie people pseudo-representing Bungie. I could see a company being hesitant of that. :/

I wonder if someday we could do something akin to your suggestion ourselves, for some special forum swag or something? I don't know, might be fun...

My body is ready. BEGIN THE SMACK TALK.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, January 27, 2015, 23:00 (3387 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Bring it, Admin bros. It's on like donkey kong.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread