Hey Guardian Radio (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 23:53 (3377 days ago)

Someone tipped me off that Pete sent in a post of mine regarding loot lockout, namely the limit to once per week per character being changed to 3 times per week per account.

I think Pete understood the reasoning, but I felt like you guys misunderstood it based on what you were saying.

You should just have me on to clarify, and to talk about other stuff :-p

I have no idea how to contact you guys though.

Hey Guardian Radio

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 02:39 (3377 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Someone tipped me off that Pete sent in a post of mine regarding loot lockout, namely the limit to once per week per character being changed to 3 times per week per account.

I think Pete understood the reasoning, but I felt like you guys misunderstood it based on what you were saying.

I hope they were talking about how stupid that idea was.
It's saying "The way it works just isn't convenient enough for me, and I don't want to be bothered to put in the extra work to receive more rewards. I should be awarded triple the rewards for my laziness!"
Once per character works just fine. Anything beyond that, and there is little incentive to make more than one character, which is dumb...

Hey Guardian Radio

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 04:47 (3377 days ago) @ Korny

That's not very nice at all. ಠ_ಠ

Hey Guardian Radio

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 04:56 (3377 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by Korny, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 05:02

That's not very nice at all. ಠ_ಠ

Heh, Cody knows that I scare because I care...

Plus, I like to use his own hyperboles against him, because it makes me giggle.

Hey Guardian Radio

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 09:13 (3377 days ago) @ Korny

Plus, I like to use his own hyperboles against him, because it makes me giggle.

You are a formidable foe my friend. :-)

Hey Guardian Radio

by Mariachi @, Kentucky, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 07:15 (3377 days ago) @ Korny

It's saying "The way it works just isn't convenient enough for me, and I don't want to be bothered to put in the extra work to receive more rewards. I should be awarded triple the rewards for my laziness!"
Once per character works just fine. Anything beyond that, and there is little incentive to make more than one character, which is dumb...

I actually disagree with you a bit on this. I personally think Cody's suggestion would give me more of an incentive to make three characters, specifically one of each class. Right now, I only have one character high enough to play end game content. As it stands, I am planning on building up my two alts as the same class as my main, which means that I would basically be committing myself to a hunter for the duration of destiny. I am doing this because its easy and convenient to just switch the armor over and have three high level characters much faster than I would otherwise. And I don't do this because I am lazy, I do it to maximize my playtime. I work a 40 hour per week job that usually takes up closer to 60 hours. I have a wife and a 4 year old daughter. For me play time is limited.

What usually ends up happening for me is that I play through my weekly routine: Nightfall, Weekly Heroic, Raid, and try to knock out some PvE bounties along the way. Once that is done, I am usually done for the week. Because its at this point that my friends switch over to their alts and run all that high level content again. I could run it with them, and I often do, but I don't get any new chances at rewards. And frankly, its discouraging to see the end game rewards pop up for everyone but you. So I usually stop playing Destiny while my friends play on without me.

If I could use the same character to get rewards three times, I would absolutely end up playing more Destiny than I do now. I would gladly run everything with my friends again and again. And I don't see how my playing everything more could possibly constitute as lazy. And I would absolutely create one character of each class, because then I can dedicate a week to each class. If I could play through the content three times on the same character, I would spend a week playing through as much as I could with a warlock. Play everything three times. The next week, I would devote to a titan and play everything three times with it. It would maximize my playtime, while at the same time give me more incentive to keep playing. I would definitely play destiny more, and I think I would get a much fuller experience of Destiny.

Hey Guardian Radio

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:48 (3377 days ago) @ Korny

It's the opposite man. With my way, you could actually create 3 different classes and not be frustrated. Have your hunter to 32? The old way, you get on roll per week on your warlock unless you had 3 of them, slowing your progression and frustrating you. Now, you can just do the raid with your Warlock twice, your titan once, and your hunter zero times. Get it?

The idea is to discourage creating 3 of the same class, which is what the current system encourages.

it was hilarious

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 06:39 (3377 days ago) @ Cody Miller

they spent nearly 15 mintues of an hour and a half show trying to figure out what the question was. One of them thought Cody wanted to get raid rewards 9 times per week. :)

it was hilarious

by petetheduck, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 07:16 (3377 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

they spent nearly 15 mintues of an hour and a half show trying to figure out what the question was. One of them thought Cody wanted to get raid rewards 9 times per week. :)

Instant regret.

it was hilarious

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 13:50 (3377 days ago) @ petetheduck

Instant regret.

Hook me up with them and I'll set it straight.

it was hilarious

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:33 (3377 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Instant regret.

Twitter:
@GuardiansofD
@Be11eBunny
@hardgrove
@InsideDestiny

it was hilarious

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 15:32 (3376 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Instant regret.

Twitter:
@GuardiansofD
@Be11eBunny
@hardgrove
@InsideDestiny

Like I'm going to go and make a twitter account.

it was hilarious

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 23:46 (3376 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Their email address is on their webpage.

it was hilarious

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 14:56 (3377 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'd prefer to see a revival of Anger, Sadness, & Envy.

it was hilarious

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 15:31 (3376 days ago) @ Kermit

I'd prefer to see a revival of Anger, Sadness, & Envy.

I'm banned from that podcast.

it was hilarious

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, January 29, 2015, 16:51 (3376 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

it was hilarious

by petetheduck, Friday, January 30, 2015, 04:16 (3376 days ago) @ Cody Miller

feedback(at)theguardiansofdestiny.com

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread