Xûr's Goodies (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 30, 2015, 01:20 (3375 days ago)
edited by Korny, Friday, January 30, 2015, 01:32

Screenshot for at-a-glance convenience!

[image]

CLASS ITEMS (All class items contain 30/36 Light)

• Titan:
    MK. 33 Stand Asides (Legs) // 13sc
    -Strength 134/144
    [image]

• Hunter:
    Don't Touch Me (Gauntlets) // 13sc
    -Discipline 76/82
    [image]

• Warlock:
    Starfire Protocol (Chest) // 13sc
    -Intellect: 134/144
    [image]

--------------------

WEAPON (331 Attack)

Dragon's Breath (Rocket Launcher) [Solar] // 17sc
[image]

--------------------

Exotic Shard // 7sc
Exotic Engram (Gauntlets) // 23 Motes

--------------------

UPGRADEABLE ITEMS (All upgradeable items require 1 Exotic Shard and 7000+ Glimmer.)

• Mask of the Third Man (Hunter Helmet) <Intellect 104/112> (7207 Glimmer)
  • Young Ahamkara's Spine (Hunter Gauntlets) <Discipline 80/86> (7127 Glimmer)
  • Helm of Inmost Light (Titan Helmet) <Strength 118/127> (7451 Glimmer)
  • Crest of Alpha Lupi (Titan Chest) <Intellect 124/134> (7547 Glimmer)
  • Skull of Dire Ahamkara (Warlock Helmet) <Intellect 111/119> (7907 Glimmer)
  • Sunbreakers (Warlock Gauntlets) <Intellect 103/110> (7549 Glimmer)

• Suros Regime (7789 Glimmer)
  • Thorn (7673 Glimmer)
  • Universal Remote (7027 Glimmer)
  • Pocket Infinity (7309 Glimmer)
  • Ice Breaker (7477 Glimmer)
  • Super Good Advice (7817 Glimmer)

--------------------

CURIOS

Hand Cannon, Fusion Rifle, Rocket Launcher Telemetries // 1sc (Really useful when turning in bounties)
Plasma Drive (Blue) // 23sc
Emerald Drive (Green) // 23sc

Heavy Ammo Synths!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 30, 2015, 01:23 (3375 days ago) @ Korny

That's his third week in a row without them!

How unfortunate; I just used up my last one about an hour ago. Hopefully they do get that Heavy Ammo bug fixed next month, Crota's had us all strapped...

Also, once again he hates non-DLC-having folks, but at this point, I imagine that most people not interested in Destiny DLC have either left, or bit the bullet just to keep up...

No Heavy Ammo Synths! *Fixed*

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, January 30, 2015, 04:15 (3375 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

I have well and truly bit the bullet

by Raflection, Friday, January 30, 2015, 04:27 (3375 days ago) @ Korny

Now I don't know if I should buy the dark below next month or just hold out till house of wolves :\

I have well and truly bit the bullet

by petetheduck, Friday, January 30, 2015, 05:24 (3375 days ago) @ Raflection

Now I don't know if I should buy the dark below next month or just hold out till house of wolves :\

For me, you're buying the Raid and the level cap so you are prepared for the next Raid. If you love some Raids, then I think it's worth getting the season pass. The rest of the content is nice but won't satisfy for the price.

Holdout.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, January 30, 2015, 07:17 (3375 days ago) @ Raflection

- No text -

The RNG system seems tweeked to sell DLC

by c0ld vengeance @, UK, Friday, January 30, 2015, 05:15 (3375 days ago) @ Korny

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2u6pbk/probability_of_xur_selling_the_exact_the_same/

From a thread on reddit. The OP stats the odds are 1 in 10 million but this was reduced to 1 in 10 thousand further down the thread.

But if the DLC items have been weighted to fall more often, this reduces the odds significantly.

Smells off in my opinion.

The RNG system seems tweeked to sell DLC

by petetheduck, Friday, January 30, 2015, 05:17 (3375 days ago) @ c0ld vengeance

Someone must've used the same seed

"RNG" doesn't mean completely random...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 30, 2015, 05:37 (3375 days ago) @ c0ld vengeance

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2u6pbk/probability_of_xur_selling_the_exact_the_same/

From a thread on reddit. The OP stats the odds are 1 in 10 million but this was reduced to 1 in 10 thousand further down the thread.

But if the DLC items have been weighted to fall more often, this reduces the odds significantly.

Smells off in my opinion.

I'm sure there are not only items, but sets that are weighted more heavily than others. Say that Voidfang Vestments have a 15% chance of dropping, and Heart of the Praxic Fire only has a 10% chance of dropping. While they are thrown into a jumble, VV has five more "entries" than HotPF, and so has a higher likelihood of showing up. Mix that in with all other exotics that have varying odds, and you run into situations where some items never show up, while a whole set of DLC gear can make an appearance...

Maybe there are two tables (DLC and non-DLC) and whichever shows up that week is random too?

I dunno, but the whole "1 in 10 million" seems to be under the assumption that every piece of gear has an identical chance of appearing in each individual slot (per class). If that were the case, we could theoretically have a week where he sells two of the same item, and I doubt that's possible.

This is a F***ing joke

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, January 30, 2015, 07:00 (3375 days ago) @ Korny

StarFire Protocol again? The one I had the week before this crap started has been better.

This DLC stuff is really insane, forcing people to not be able to do a damn thing with the game they bought should be illegal. That's how ridiculous this is to me. I wish I didn't buy the season pass already cause this is just BS. If I hadn't I would have stopped playing...

Voidbreaker Protocal

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, January 30, 2015, 07:58 (3375 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Is obsidian mind the only exotic Xur has sold since November beside Voidfang, Sunbreakers, and Starfire?

Voidbreaker Protocol

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, January 30, 2015, 08:24 (3375 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Which, by the way....

He really could've sold that again.

Voidbreaker Protocol

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 30, 2015, 08:44 (3375 days ago) @ Morpheus

Which, by the way....

He really could've sold that again.

The funny thing is... I didn't buy the 331 Voidfangs, and I've been regretting it and wishing he sells them again...

Been meaning to ask you.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, January 30, 2015, 08:51 (3375 days ago) @ Korny

The funny thing is... I didn't buy the 331 Voidfangs, and I've been regretting it and wishing he sells them again...

I know you're a big sunsinger in PvP, but I was curious about your voidwalker preference for exotic armor. Specifically, regarding helmets: am I crazy, or is Dire Ahamkara a much better PvP helmet than Obsidian Mind? I feel the buffed intellect makes up for the lack of super energy from nova bombs.

Obsidian isn't that much in PvP

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, January 30, 2015, 09:13 (3375 days ago) @ iconicbanana

The "Nova Bomb recharges Nova Bomb" effect isn't a beast like it is in PvE. I'd go for Voidfang. Having grenades on spawn and having 2 Axion Bolts sounds like so much fun I'm craving for one ever since I went back to the true Warlock.

Obsidian isn't that much in PvP

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, January 30, 2015, 09:24 (3375 days ago) @ ZackDark

The "Nova Bomb recharges Nova Bomb" effect isn't a beast like it is in PvE. I'd go for Voidfang. Having grenades on spawn and having 2 Axion Bolts sounds like so much fun I'm craving for one ever since I went back to the true Warlock.

I liked voidfang at first but the lack of intellect really isn't my thing. Being able to throw 4 novabombs in one control match with Ahamkara's Skull (I pick up a lot of orbs) is worth more to me, as I don't find I get many kills with axion bolt. When you're as bad at throwing nova bombs as I am, you need all the extras you can get.

Been meaning to ask you.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 30, 2015, 09:35 (3375 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I know you're a big sunsinger in PvP, but I was curious about your voidwalker preference for exotic armor. Specifically, regarding helmets: am I crazy, or is Dire Ahamkara a much better PvP helmet than Obsidian Mind? I feel the buffed intellect makes up for the lack of super energy from nova bombs.

Obsidian Mind makes up for the lack of intellect thanks to the inherent properties of its perk. That said, it's entirely possible to get high intellect through other pieces of armor and still wear the Obsidian. But I never use it.

Dire Ahamkara is a great "passive" exotic for Crucible, mainly for the Siphon buff (especially if you specialize in shotguns or handcannons). It pushes you towards the Hunter class in terms of what kind of combat encounters you can set up, and with a high strength, you become much more dangerous.

Personally, I almost always run Voidfang, because I tend to use Axion bolts in Crucible, and spawning with full grenade energy is something that you really miss when you don't have it (and need it). Voidfang's perk even refills your grenade energy if a teammate revives you (Skirmish, Salvage, Doubles), which can help you turn the tables on the enemy. Also, the VV are the only reason that I even use Axion Bolts, which are normally very weak to the point of being almost useless. But since it can generate an extra bolt, crowd control is more viable (combine that with Bloom, and you can make people pay for being clustered together).

So either Dire or Voidfang will benefit Voidwalkers (Heck, VV benefits Sunsingers too), it's all down to personal playstyle. If you are more defensive, Dire helps you control an area (and survive Encounters longer), whereas Voidfang is better if you prefer to assault an enemy.

This is a F***ing joke

by Earendil, Friday, January 30, 2015, 10:01 (3375 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

StarFire Protocol again? The one I had the week before this crap started has been better.

This DLC stuff is really insane, forcing people to not be able to do a damn thing with the game they bought should be illegal. That's how ridiculous this is to me. I wish I didn't buy the season pass already cause this is just BS. If I hadn't I would have stopped playing...

I think I'm confused... does
"forcing people to not be able to do a damn thing with the game"
translate to
"I can't buy from Xur those individual things that I want" ?

Because if so, that seems a tiny bit dramatic. Even if Xur were the primary way to acquire gear (and he isn't) just because he doesn't sell the item you personally are desiring doesn't mean Bungie is screwing the community.

If I have you all wrong, then please feel free to explain :)

This is a F***ing joke

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, January 30, 2015, 10:40 (3375 days ago) @ Earendil

It's a combination of the Weekly being DLC. So now I can't play with my friend on the END-GAME content either. All he can do is play VoG this week that is ANY bit challenging.

But all of his stuff is DLC as well. That is the only thing Strange Coins are used for and Bungie is making it so non-DLC get shafted and in all reality have nothing to do.

Yes dramatic a bit, but that's because people pay good money, enjoy the game but can't do a damn thing some weeks!

This is a F***ing joke

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 30, 2015, 10:46 (3375 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

It's a combination of the Weekly being DLC. So now I can't play with my friend on the END-GAME content either. All he can do is play VoG this week that is ANY bit challenging.

So he can solo VoG? Sounds like last night, some folks weren't finding it as easy as you make it seem...

But all of his stuff is DLC as well. That is the only thing Strange Coins are used for and Bungie is making it so non-DLC get shafted and in all reality have nothing to do.

Didn't realize that Bungie removed all non-DLC content from the game. If that's the case, then yeah, non-DLC folks really are getting shafted, as that's the only way your statement could be true.

Yes dramatic a bit, but that's because people pay good money, enjoy the game but can't do a damn thing some weeks!

What you're saying is that you want as much content as those paying for DLC, but without having to pay for DLC. Gotcha.
Hopefully the Comet pack coming out later this year will be full of a ton of free non-endgame stuff that Base game players can enjoy... In fact, I'm working on a little something right now to illustrate something they could do...

This is a F***ing joke

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 30, 2015, 11:24 (3375 days ago) @ Korny

Didn't realize that Bungie removed all non-DLC content from the game. If that's the case, then yeah, non-DLC folks really are getting shafted, as that's the only way your statement could be true.

You know what he means. He means that people who haven't purchased the DLC often can't do the nightfall, weekly heroic, daily story mission, or buy what Xur is selling. It is pretty inexcusable, given that Bungie could simply offer up non-dlc strikes and dailies to those without the DLC when they happen to roll as a DLC strike, as well as substitute the DLC exotic Xur has for Non-dlc ones.

BUT

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, January 30, 2015, 11:45 (3375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That would give DLC owners two options. *Shrug*

BUT

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 30, 2015, 12:00 (3375 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Not necessarily. I think Cody was envisioning a system where it would detect whether you had DLC or not, and then essentially show you one storefront OR the other, depending on which category you fall into.

Where that might start to get a little messy is once there's multiple DLC packs, and some players have certain packs but not others. I don't think there's going to be a lot of players who have House of Wolves but NOT Dark Below, but you know someone somewhere is going to do it.

BUT

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, January 30, 2015, 12:24 (3375 days ago) @ stabbim

Doing that would make DLC owners feel slighted if the option that they'd have gotten if they didn't have the DLC is one they'd have liked.

And if that happened to be, say, Gjallarhorn...

( _'') ... (''_ ) ... ( '_' )

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, January 30, 2015, 12:26 (3375 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Doing that would make DLC owners feel slighted if the option that they'd have gotten if they didn't have the DLC is one they'd have liked.

SHITSTORM

BUT

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 30, 2015, 12:55 (3375 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Oh hey, frequent small chunks of DLC causing weird problems? You don't say?

BUT

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, January 30, 2015, 13:09 (3375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No, I'm saying there's a reason your solution wouldn't be perfect, or was, in fact, stupid.

If they offered a bonus option for the weeks where it was DLC, available to everyone, that would be a good solution. But Bungie might not want to give that, so it's understandable (not necessarily agreeable) that they didn't do that.

Offering an option that DLC owners couldn't access, if that's what you meant, would be stupid.

Don't try and play off your mistake as one on Bungie's part, please.

If you were, instead, saying that the Weekly Heroics and Nightfalls should just work as a custom game set-up, where you pick the Strike and the modifiers and possibly only some configurations can offer Nightfall rewards each week, or something, you would actually have a point.

BUT

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, January 30, 2015, 13:08 (3375 days ago) @ stabbim

Not necessarily. I think Cody was envisioning a system where it would detect whether you had DLC or not, and then essentially show you one storefront OR the other, depending on which category you fall into.

Where that might start to get a little messy is once there's multiple DLC packs, and some players have certain packs but not others. I don't think there's going to be a lot of players who have House of Wolves but NOT Dark Below, but you know someone somewhere is going to do it.

They're avoiding the mess. I'd rather they focus on the future and making it as enticing as possible so getting the DLC is a no-brainer for just about any fan of the game.

This is a F***ing joke

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, January 30, 2015, 13:19 (3375 days ago) @ Korny

Korny don't fucking put words in my mouth man. I have the DLC. I am complaining for the people who don't. As Cody stated, they can't do the weekly, nightfall and other stuff that is what you are supposed to do, because it's high level and is actually challenging? Did you even read the words I wrote?

This discussion is a F***ing joke

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, January 30, 2015, 13:25 (3375 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I have to say, while I agree with Korny more on the "this isn't that bad of a thing", I'm someone with the DLC who rarely runs Weeklies and still hasn't completed a Nightfall, so I don't really know.

However, I would absolutely agree with you that this discussion would go much smoother if people stop overusing hyperbole and making strawmen of the others.

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, January 30, 2015, 13:40 (3375 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

I agree, I don't have a solution to it. I think people complaining that non-DLC got an easier one is way better than non-DLC not being able to do it. Or buy from Xur, or have a chance at the little bit they still find fun in this game (which is why they run VoG).

Also why the hell are you not running the Nightfall? Doing the same strikes on normal difficulty is extremely boring to me, I would have stopped playing this game!

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, January 30, 2015, 15:05 (3375 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Because they're hard, and I suck. :P

You busy Saturday?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, January 30, 2015, 15:07 (3375 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Because they're hard, and I suck. :P

I'll be on all day and I still need this week's. Feel free to tag along and watch while I throw all these grenades.

You busy Saturday?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 30, 2015, 15:13 (3375 days ago) @ iconicbanana

If you two would like a 3rd, I should be available tomorrow and I still need to do the nightfall on one character (my Titan). I can do either 360 or XBone.

You busy Saturday?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, January 30, 2015, 15:16 (3375 days ago) @ stabbim

If you two would like a 3rd, I should be available tomorrow and I still need to do the nightfall on one character (my Titan). I can do either 360 or XBone.

It would have to be the 360 because I ain't got no money. I should be on from 8 PSTish to ???

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 30, 2015, 15:12 (3375 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

They're really not intended to be run solo. Get in a fireteam with 2 people who don't suck!

My +100 coins go untouched for yet another week.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, January 30, 2015, 07:59 (3375 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, January 30, 2015, 08:15 (3375 days ago) @ Revenant1988

That's okay though - soon he'll sell Gjallarhorn and you'll be able to have 3 PER CHARACTER!!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, January 30, 2015, 08:16 (3375 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I don't know what their reasoning is for having him not sell heavy ammo synths, but whenever he finally does again people are going to be filling up their vaults with them because they're sitting on so many strange coins, and I think that's going to increase the complaints about vault space.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, January 30, 2015, 08:26 (3375 days ago) @ bluerunner

I don't know what their reasoning is for having him not sell heavy ammo synths, but whenever he finally does again people are going to be filling up their vaults with them because they're sitting on so many strange coins, and I think that's going to increase the complaints about vault space.

Confirmed. More vault space will happen same week Xur sells heavy ammo synths.

Is there a limit to how many we can have saved up?

by Penthesilean, Friday, January 30, 2015, 14:20 (3375 days ago) @ Revenant1988

If nobody knows, I guess we'll find out what the ceiling is, if any.

I'll lol hard if somebody showed it to be capped at 3 digits.

Might be like other resources...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, January 30, 2015, 14:26 (3375 days ago) @ Penthesilean

Most resources split at 200 into a separate pile. Class-specific resources don't seem to have a ceiling. I think I have around 1,900 Hadronic Essences, and it's still one slot.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, January 30, 2015, 14:36 (3375 days ago) @ Korny
edited by CyberKN, Friday, January 30, 2015, 14:39

Most resources split at 200 into a separate pile. Class-specific resources don't seem to have a ceiling. I think I have around 1,900 Hadronic Essences, and it's still one slot.

I have 325 ascendant shards on my titan.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, January 30, 2015, 15:58 (3375 days ago) @ CyberKN

I have 325 ascendant shards on my titan.

I have 50 or so, which is more than I need - but I'm about 50 short on Ascendant Energy. That makes me sad.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 30, 2015, 16:01 (3375 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I have 50 or so, which is more than I need - but I'm about 50 short on Ascendant Energy. That makes me sad.

You can easily waste energy on bad weapons… my advice is to make sure you REALLY want to level any given gun. That and run VoG 3x a week.

by Claude Errera @, Friday, January 30, 2015, 17:02 (3375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You can easily waste energy on bad weapons… my advice is to make sure you REALLY want to level any given gun. That and run VoG 3x a week.

lol

I ran VoG for the second time last weekend. I think your playstyle and mine are far enough apart that I can't really take advice from you. :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, January 30, 2015, 17:17 (3375 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Energy is strange - I find I keep flipping between having more than I know what to do with and being bone dry. Cody makes a good point about wasting energy on weapons you might not like. I've gotten into the habit of holding on to any energy I find for long stretches of time. I'll continue unlocking upgrade slots in all my weapons, but I won't actually purchase the upgrades until I'm 100% sure that weapon is worth the resources. Same with armor. I've got a bunch of upgrade slots unlocked on my Titan and Hunter, but I don't have the armor to get either character to 32 and I'm short on Radiant shards. So I'm waiting until I get a complete set of raid armor for either character; whichever one I get first, I'll put all my shards into that character so I can level then up.

Xûr's Goodies

by Velociraptor112, Places., Friday, January 30, 2015, 09:15 (3375 days ago) @ Korny

Lame-sauce. I hope for Gjallarhorn every week and disappoint myself every time. At least sell some Heavy Ammo Synth, please. I have not the glimmer to buy that shiz.

Xûr's Goodies

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, January 30, 2015, 10:07 (3375 days ago) @ Korny

I got excited that I might finally get Suros Regime until I realized it was an upgrade. Bummer.

Still no universal remote....

by Spec ops Grunt @, Broklahoma, Friday, January 30, 2015, 14:05 (3375 days ago) @ Korny

someday ill have you my love

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, January 30, 2015, 14:07 (3375 days ago) @ Spec ops Grunt

someday ill have you my love

The honeymoon will be over really quickly. Have you not heard how shit the weapon is? :-p

No accounting for playstyle

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, January 30, 2015, 14:40 (3375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, January 30, 2015, 15:20 (3375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm not sure it's actually bad, it's just not very versatile. The range is slightly above normal with the unique perk enabled, but in practice you still have to be within spitting distance to kill with it. I don't feel like it does enough to really distinguish the weapon from other shotguns. Running with a fusion rifle or sniper gives you a ranged option, but I think most people prefer primaries that can be used at any range (I like Universal Remote, but there are only a few encounters where I can realistically use it).

They ought to tune it so it behaves like the grimoire card suggests. Either have it switch to a single projectile when scoped, or a VERY tight grouping. I don't expect scout rifle range, but ideally it should be able to match an average hand cannon. The slower fire rate and VERY limited ammo capacity would still balance it out fairly, I think.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread