The Serpent Exotic Hand Cannon concept (Destiny)

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 14:19 (3370 days ago)

I made these last night based on a reddit post I saw yesterday.

[image] [image]

The Serpent Exotic Hand Cannon concept

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 14:54 (3370 days ago) @ TDSpiral

bad ass looking

V1's so sexy it hurts

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 15:02 (3370 days ago) @ TDSpiral

- No text -

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 15:05 (3370 days ago) @ TDSpiral

I love it. The middle design is my favorite, because of the prominent snake head, but the first design I like because it's different from the typical base silhouette of a hand cannon.

The sins concept is neat, but why not just have "family" of weapons that follows that theme?

~m

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 15:05 (3370 days ago) @ TDSpiral

I really like V1, the lines are pretty. I love the bullet coming out of the mouth in V2, but I definitely prefer the lines of V1. I particularly like the apple on the handle.

My main issue is that the barrel isn't high enough...

by Dan de Board @, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 16:40 (3370 days ago) @ TDSpiral

If you look at the barrel compared to the hammer, the hammer is waaaaaay too high for the bullet it's hammering to come out the barrel. In fact, I've noticed this with a lot of Destiny weapons... Scout rifles specifically.

Suspension of disbelief and all that, but it could totally have had the snake under the barrel instead of over it.

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 16:51 (3370 days ago) @ Dan de Board

If you look at the barrel compared to the hammer, the hammer is waaaaaay too high for the bullet it's hammering to come out the barrel. In fact, I've noticed this with a lot of Destiny weapons... Scout rifles specifically.

Suspension of disbelief and all that, but it could totally have had the snake under the barrel instead of over it.

Yeah, I heard this complaint a couple times when I posted it on Reddit. I'm going to feign ignorance and say I was just following what's in Destiny :P

To be fair though, there are real-life bottom-barreled revolvers.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 17:33 (3370 days ago) @ TDSpiral

The Venation III appears to be a bottom-barrel hand cannon:

[image]

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, February 03, 2015, 18:01 (3370 days ago) @ Speedracer513

The Venation III appears to be a bottom-barrel hand cannon:

[image]

They're all lower barrel revolvers, aren't they?

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 22:17 (3369 days ago) @ TDSpiral

These are all really good. I think if I was picking one to put in the game I'd go with version 1, but without the snake head, I think the shape of the top does a fine job of suggesting a serpent on its own.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread