Crota: The Light Eater (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 13:11 (3375 days ago)

Damn this is great.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 13:27 (3375 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Clever Bungie: don't have a story and your fans will write one for you.

Damn this is great.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 13:38 (3375 days ago) @ iconicbanana

They have plenty of story, they just refuse to put it into a single place and force their community to pull the pieces together themselves. It should be more like Halo where there is a significant story in your face with a lot of backstory for the community to piece together (and speculate on).

Damn this is great.

by General Battuta, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 13:50 (3375 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Much of this is quoted directly from Grimoire cards.

Damn this is great.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 13:58 (3375 days ago) @ General Battuta

Much of this is quoted directly from Grimoire cards.

Right, but how many of those were presented sequentially? How many fans dig through them? I'm a sucker for lore; I read through what I thought were all the grimoire, and I knew about a quarter of this. The grimoire are like legos, and while I think legos are great, when I'm reading a story I'm kind of trying to see what someone else built with their legos. Bungie just gave us the legos, and now we're watching what another kid built with them (although, like I said before, this is great).

I guess I would appreciate the idea of the grimoire more if they were actually in the damn game. I didn't need to read all of the Halo books to enjoy the story in the Halo games.

Damn this is great.

by General Battuta, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 14:12 (3375 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Outside my wheelhouse, I'm afraid, though I agree that it's really cool to see everything assembled and presented in one linear narrative. Just wanted to note that a lot of this wasn't fan-written.

You're good, my tone was off.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 14:14 (3375 days ago) @ General Battuta

Outside my wheelhouse, I'm afraid, though I agree that it's really cool to see everything assembled and presented in one linear narrative. Just wanted to note that a lot of this wasn't fan-written.

It's a good point you made, and I'm more frustrated with Bungie here, not you; I should have been more definite in stating it's plot that Bungie left us short on, not exposition. They gave us a shload of exposition, that's for sure. I guess we're splitting hairs at this point.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 14:45 (3375 days ago) @ iconicbanana

It's a good point you made, and I'm more frustrated with Bungie here, not you; I should have been more definite in stating it's plot that Bungie left us short on, not exposition. They gave us a shload of exposition, that's for sure. I guess we're splitting hairs at this point.

Heh, just for context:

GB wrote most of those Grimoire cards when he was at Bungie. (You might actually know that - but from the way you worded this, I get the impression you think you're talking to an average fan who happens to disagree with a point you made.)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 15:09 (3375 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Heh, just for context:

GB wrote most of those Grimoire cards when he was at Bungie. (You might actually know that - but from the way you worded this, I get the impression you think you're talking to an average fan who happens to disagree with a point you made.)

[image]

Ha! Fantastic! I don't know whether to smack his face or buy him a beer now. Please advise!

Buy him a beer.

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 15:15 (3375 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Ha! Fantastic! I don't know whether to smack his face or buy him a beer now. Please advise!

As he said, the decision to keep the cards' contents out of the game proper was not his. :)

Aight GB, next time I see you.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 15:17 (3375 days ago) @ Claude Errera

As he said, the decision to keep the cards' contents out of the game proper was not his. :)

All the oat sodas are on my tab.

Buy him a beer.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 15:24 (3375 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I would've bought him a beer had I realized it was him when we met in Seattle. My hearing ain't what it used to be, and it was at a bowling alley.

Buy him a beer.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 16:23 (3375 days ago) @ Kermit

I would've bought him a beer had I realized it was him when we met in Seattle. My hearing ain't what it used to be, and it was at a bowling alley.

How I picture this meeting:
[image]

The Kerm abides

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 18:22 (3375 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

The Kerm abides

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 08:10 (3375 days ago) @ ZackDark

What I would give to be as cool as Jeff Bridges.

[image]

General Battuta introduced himself by his real first name, which I knew but I didn't connect the dots. He may have said his forum name but, like I said, it was loud in there.

WAS at Bungie. Past tense?

by scarab @, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 01:45 (3375 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Crota: The Light Eater

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 17:14 (3375 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

This is really cool.

It's just very sad that this wasn't the game. You should have woken up, been told one thing by the speaker, then met all these characters, made the decision to go with them, and defeat Crota yourself.

"Donny, you're out of your element"

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Wednesday, February 04, 2015, 21:22 (3375 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Crota: The Light Eater

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:01 (3374 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Finally watched this. Fantastic editing and content. The narrator also does a fine job, but man, would I love to hear a Geoffrey Charlton-Perrin reading.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread