Thursday Rumor day (Gaming)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 09:01 (3370 days ago)

(Can't post to HBO, blocked at work, but this is a Bungie fan site, so it fits)

Via Halo-fan extraordinaire Sean Bradley:Is MS going to buy back Bunige?

I think we all know the answer to this, but that doesn't stop people from speculating the fantastic...or absurd.

Have fun fantasizing!

Thursday Rumor day

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 09:06 (3370 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I think we all know the answer to this, but that doesn't stop people from speculating the fantastic...or absurd.

Have fun fantasizing!

The quotes mentioned there could also lead to the equally/maybe even more likely (but still completely absurd) idea that Microsoft would be giving Halo back to Bungie (rather than buying Bungie back).

Thursday Rumor day

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 09:09 (3370 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Have fun fantasizing!

The quotes mentioned there could also lead to the equally/maybe even more likely (but still completely absurd) idea that Microsoft would be giving Halo back to Bungie (rather than buying Bungie back).

Nahh.

Bungie wanted to be done with Halo, at Halo 2. It only became a trilogy because they couldn't cram all they wanted to do in one sequel. Then they were contractually obligated for a couple more titles. Remember, when ODST came out in 2009, work had already began on Destiny.

Besides, it's kind of like a break up, where one person wants to get back together while the other person doesn't.

BUT, Staten and Marty could get hired.... you never know. If MS made the deal sweet enough for them....

Thursday Rumor day

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 09:14 (3370 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Have fun fantasizing!

Nahh.

Bungie wanted to be done with Halo, at Halo 2. It only became a trilogy because they couldn't cram all they wanted to do in one sequel. Then they were contractually obligated for a couple more titles. Remember, when ODST came out in 2009, work had already began on Destiny.

Besides, it's kind of like a break up, where one person wants to get back together while the other person doesn't.

BUT, Staten and Marty could get hired.... you never know. If MS made the deal sweet enough for them....

Am I missing something? Didn't Staten already get hired on at MS a while back? http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/9/5293310/former-bungie-bigwig-joe-staten-returns-to-microsoft

Thursday Rumor day

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 09:18 (3370 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Have fun fantasizing!

Nahh.

I totally agree - both scenarios are completely absurd! As you said, it's fantasy time!

Thursday Rumor day (edit)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 09:21 (3370 days ago) @ Speedracer513
edited by Revenant1988, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 09:27

I totally agree - both scenarios are completely absurd! As you said, it's fantasy time!

*Bungie consults with 343, gets Halo turned around

*Game crossover idea happens

*The darkness is revealed to be the flood.

*Master Chief shows up, doesn't have time to explain why he doesn't have time to explain why he's back.

*Dinklebot and Cortana hit if off.

*The cabal go to war with the Brutes

*Johnson comes back as a Titan EXO, exclaims "he knows what the robo-ladies like"

(someone else take it from here)

*Cayde is an exo which houses Buck's consciousness.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 09:30 (3370 days ago) @ Revenant1988
edited by CyberKN, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 10:05

- No text -

*Hold Square/X to Summon Warthog

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 10:05 (3370 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Thursday Rumor day

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 09:23 (3370 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Staten already is.

Thursday Rumor day

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 09:49 (3370 days ago) @ Kermit

staten isn't with 343 though.

Thursday Rumor day

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 10:11 (3370 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

staten isn't with 343 though.

Yet.

Thursday Rumor day

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 11:11 (3370 days ago) @ Kermit

Since he is Senior Creative Director does that mean that he is in charge of the story direction that 343 takes even though he isn't directly part of 343?

Thursday Rumor day

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 11:51 (3370 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Since he is Senior Creative Director does that mean that he is in charge of the story direction that 343 takes even though he isn't directly part of 343?

I don't think so, but if the plan is not for him to contribute to Halo at some point in the future, I would be shocked. It's simply too valuable a selling point for the franchise to leave on the table. 343 has not been shy about leveraging ex-Bungie talent for promotional purposes.

This quote from MS is the unlocked door that won't stay shut. "We're excited to share more about Joseph's role in the future."

I'm also certain that there are good reasons for his low profile right now--reasons that we may never know.

From my POV, if he only reprised the grunt voices, the next Halo game would be 50% better than Halo 4.

They made a fourth halo...?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 12:02 (3370 days ago) @ Kermit

Wait...it's all coming back! You unzipped me!

Kermit's new nickname is Mr. Bubbles!

by Quirel, Thursday, February 05, 2015, 13:02 (3370 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

It might just be a dream...

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Thursday, February 05, 2015, 09:51 (3370 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Then again, I'm convinced that PiD2 might still happen. Shh, let a man dream.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread