Official DBO 360 Big Show Trash Talk Thread (DBO)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 07:39 (3377 days ago)

Some ground rules:

-This isn't reddit, don't do that stupid all caps thing.
-Keep it civil, people. This is just a game.
-Watch the language.

All right, commence the trash talk and bring your best game. Especially you team chaos, since I'm not expecting you to have any tonight.

Official DBO 360 Big Show Trash Talk Thread

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, February 06, 2015, 07:50 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Some ground rules:

-This isn't reddit, don't do that stupid all caps thing.
-Keep it civil, people. This is just a game.
-Watch the language.

All right, commence the trash talk and bring your best game. Especially you team chaos, since I'm not expecting you to have any tonight.

Ah, I see. You wanted to have one last smug exchange before your precious Pocket Infinity is nerfed beyond recognition? You harp and harp on that gun, but you'll be playing a sad little tune on a sad little violin by the time this night is done!

Bring that noise boi!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 07:54 (3377 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Ah, I see. You wanted to have one last smug exchange before your precious Pocket Infinity is nerfed beyond recognition? You harp and harp on that gun, but you'll be playing a sad little tune on a sad little violin by the time this night is done!

I'm bringin' a Thorn, bra. My blade-gurl's gonna carve you up like sashimi. That thorn burn's gonna be the wasabi so you don't taste funky.

Thorn?!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:01 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

So you're giving up already? Splendid! I'll have my people contact your people as to where you can deliver my team's trophies. If you ask nicely we won't even force you through the embarassment of this fight. ('sides, everyone knows if you want green and glowy you run with Bad Juju.)

Wait, you're really gonna bring a Juju?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:07 (3377 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by iconicbanana, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:21

So you're giving up already? Splendid! I'll have my people contact your people as to where you can deliver my team's trophies. If you ask nicely we won't even force you through the embarassment of this fight. ('sides, everyone knows if you want green and glowy you run with Bad Juju.)

I got three little words for you Raga: Bad Juju Sucks. Pocket Infinity works too fast, I want you have time to consider the error of your ways while that burn brings you down. You and Juju can get your matching green and glowy look on.

As a proud owner of Three Little Words...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:26 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana
edited by Ragashingo, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:30

...I know you'll wish you had these:

Get It Off.
I See You.
Dead Man's Hand.
At Any Cost.
Reign of Terror.
The Best... Around.
Heck, by the end of the night you'll be begging just to see Back In Action!

Tonight I'll make history

by ChaosSociety, Oregon, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:27 (3377 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I think I'll drop a Mark of the Unbroken on them...what do you think?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:29 (3377 days ago) @ ChaosSociety

I'm just hoping I can keep count of all the Strength of the Wolf medals we're going to get!

Hey Xenos is around here...

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:30 (3377 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'm just hoping I can keep count of all the Strength of the Wolf medals we're going to get!

Maybe he can tell you what a fan of those his fireteam is.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, February 06, 2015, 09:31 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Maybe he can tell you what a fan of those his fireteam is.

Mostly me, most satisfying medal to get on a team :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, February 06, 2015, 09:33 (3377 days ago) @ Xenos

I think he was referring to the Strength of the Wolf the DBO Admin team scored against the DBO Winning team... :p

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, February 06, 2015, 09:34 (3377 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I think he was referring to the Strength of the Wolf the DBO Admin team scored against the DBO Winning team... :p

Oh I realized, didn't make it any less satisfying. Killing 10 of you without dying? What's not to like?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:30 (3377 days ago) @ ChaosSociety

I think I'll drop a Mark of the Unbroken on them...what do you think?

It's a good thing they don't give out sum of all tears for control, 'cause I'd grab one on you schmoes every other game.

Just remember

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, February 06, 2015, 09:27 (3377 days ago) @ ChaosSociety

You can't just hide in a corner for "The Mark of the Unbroken". And if you don't do that, I have a few friends to make sure you die at least once. My shoulder being one of my favorites.

Don't worry Raga

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, February 06, 2015, 09:13 (3377 days ago) @ Ragashingo

You'll get plenty of PI in the face from me!

Fluffy Team:

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 06, 2015, 09:14 (3377 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

[image]

:)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, February 06, 2015, 09:27 (3377 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

We're so FLUFFY you are going to DIE!

by ckamp, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 11:40 (3376 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

And you're what, a petty thief with delusions of standing?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:09 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Sad little king of a sad little hill.

Hey wait, where'd you come from? *suriously, edit

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:10 (3377 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by iconicbanana, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:15

*When I tried to get this going last time, you guys no showed.

Sad little king of a sad little hill.

It was hard to pile 6 bodies high enough to look like an actual hill.

Hey wait, where'd you come from?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:16 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

When I tried to get this going last time, you guys no showed.

Blame the matchmaking fairies, I had nothing to do with it :)
Hopefully I can make it, Friday nights are always up in the air.

I meant the trash talk tho ;)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:18 (3377 days ago) @ Xenos

I threw down a smack talk challenge and it was crickets.

When I tried to get this going last time, you guys no showed.

Blame the matchmaking fairies, I had nothing to do with it :)
Hopefully I can make it, Friday nights are always up in the air.

You got game, man! At least you showed up, not like Chaos's team so far.

And hey! Team Banana! Where are you? I hope I don't have to carry you all of tonight too!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:21 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I threw down a smack talk challenge and it was crickets.

Haha, I only really smack talk in nerdy quotes :) couldn't think of any last time!

(also that makes way more sense that you meant the smack talk, since you know... we DID play during the bounty, I was a little confused, haha)

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:24 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

You told me to do an educated smack-talk. There's no such thing in Banana Republic.

by ChaosSociety, Oregon, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:26 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Uh...last I checked scoreboard is 2-1 with my General Disarray (Raga) and I smack talking against only one of the Republicans...

Zackdark made a valiant attempt.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:28 (3377 days ago) @ ChaosSociety

Uh...last I checked scoreboard is 2-1 with my General Disarray (Raga) and I smack talking against only one of the Republicans...

You should probably grab a couple more, I'm not really sweating over here.

Zackdark made a valiant attempt.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:32 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I'm letting you stay hydrated. You're gonna need that sweat when you're running from A spawn all night.

Hey, just remember.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:34 (3377 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm letting you stay hydrated. You're gonna need that sweat when you're running from A spawn all night.

You wanna kill the people on my team, not your team. ;)

Hey, just remember.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:37 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I'm sorry, you must be confusing me with Claude.

Claude, you gonna take that?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:40 (3377 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm sorry, you must be confusing me with Claude.

2.5% ain't nothin!

by ChaosSociety, Oregon, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:05 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I can't decide which SUROS I wanna wreck you guys with: the one on my Hunter or the one on my Titan...
Or for that matter, which Deviant Gravity-A should tear you apart...so many choices! First world Guardian problems I guess

Bring the Titan.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:08 (3377 days ago) @ ChaosSociety

I like your hunter, I wouldn't want to hurt her feelings.

2.5% ain't nothin!

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, February 06, 2015, 12:41 (3377 days ago) @ ChaosSociety

I mean, again, SUROS is gonna get hit harder than 2.5%, and my favored, most high, fastest-shooting bullet-slinging torso-tearing archetype is gonna hit the least.

I'd say that'd teach you to spring for the tallest poppy every time, but this is the second time they've done this, no?

2.5% ain't nothin!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, February 06, 2015, 15:19 (3377 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

I mean, again, SUROS is gonna get hit harder than 2.5%, and my favored, most high, fastest-shooting bullet-slinging torso-tearing archetype is gonna hit the least.

I'd say that'd teach you to spring for the tallest poppy every time, but this is the second time they've done this, no?

Yeah, I think we're going to have to wait and see though. The overall Destiny community is freaking out over these changes, but honestly I think the changes on the weapons we like won't be as big as we imagine in our heads, good balance changes don't feel big.

~4% also ain't nothin!

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, February 06, 2015, 17:09 (3376 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah, it's not that big of a change, even keeping in mind that it's going to be slightly higher than 2.5% for the top classes, and it's going to be even less for the lower ones. I doubt anyone's going to notice at all if they're not actually counting the numbers.

Tonight you'll kill me.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:45 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

You ain't special.

Kerm, you don't need to back up the talk. Just throw down!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:52 (3377 days ago) @ Kermit

They certainly aren't going to walk the talk tonight, the way they've been talking.

I wonder how long it'll take to max my Vanquisher from squat

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 06, 2015, 08:58 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

With Raga on the other team, probably a match or two.

Hell, we might as well cap A and keep it

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 06, 2015, 09:04 (3377 days ago) @ ZackDark

At least then they won't have the excuse of "but bluerunner was team-killing us!"

KOTBR should just always cap A

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, February 06, 2015, 09:14 (3377 days ago) @ ZackDark

That way we can demonstrate our superiority from a weaker position!

Official DBO 360 Big Show Trash Talk Thread

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, February 06, 2015, 11:45 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I don't know if this is there right place to post this since it's good-natured and not trash talking, but I figured I would update my status, especially as we have a bunch of "tentative"s... I hope to be on by the scheduled start time and to be able to play for about 2-2.5 hours before I bail to do some hard-mode Atheon killin. So if some of the other tentatives want to participate, but can't jump on until later, there should be at least one spot opening up as the evening progresses!

No worries, I think we're sufficiently lathered.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 11:46 (3377 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I don't know if this is there right place to post this since it's good-natured and not trash talking, but I figured I would update my status, especially as we have a bunch of "tentative"s... I hope to be on by the scheduled start time and to be able to play for about 2-2.5 hours before I bail to do some hard-mode Atheon killin. So if some of the other tentatives want to participate, but can't jump on until later, there should be at least one spot opening up as the evening progresses!

And get those shaders, people!

Cytherean Bloom

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, February 06, 2015, 12:48 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Probably the most yellow shader, though I also picked up an Oracle 99 from Ms. Everis, if we opt for absolute matching.

Now, see,

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, February 06, 2015, 11:55 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

All those times lately where people were telling me Doctor Nope sucks were supposed to go here.

It all makes sense now.

LOUD NOISES!!!!

by Lawnmower172, Friday, February 06, 2015, 13:48 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I killed a guy with a grenade!

Crap. Gotta bail tonight

by Lawnmower172, Friday, February 06, 2015, 17:02 (3376 days ago) @ Lawnmower172

Sorry, guys. IRL issues.

Did you REALLY kill someone with a grenade?!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, February 06, 2015, 17:09 (3376 days ago) @ Lawnmower172

- No text -

Okay teams! Start Assembling! Alts! Be ready!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 17:20 (3376 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Rellekh is already in here, so alts, be aware we've worked through our first 2! We are go in 10.

On deck: Beardfade
In the hole: Up North 65
Scouts are always prepared: XenosKB

Are we all party-ing up?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 06, 2015, 17:26 (3376 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Bungie plz private matchmaking X(

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 18:05 (3376 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

+1111

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 06, 2015, 18:21 (3376 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Dat Bladedancing

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 06, 2015, 19:15 (3376 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Dat Bladedancing

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Friday, February 06, 2015, 19:23 (3376 days ago) @ ZackDark

Who was the guy I shot in the head just as soon as they turned it on?

Because that was great.

And then I lagged and it played my ensuing laugh at least twice over, and I sounded like a madman.

Dat laugh

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, February 06, 2015, 19:26 (3376 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

It played over and over and over, always increasing in intensity. It will haunt my dreams for the rest of my life.

Dat Bladedancing

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 06:32 (3376 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

Who was the guy I shot in the head just as soon as they turned it on?

Because that was great.

And then I lagged and it played my ensuing laugh at least twice over, and I sounded like a madman.

I'm pretty sure it was me -- I very stupidly popped my Bladedancer super when I was already half dead - not once, but twice - and both times I was deservedly assassinated before even getting a single swing in.

Dat Bladedancing

by ckamp, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 11:38 (3376 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I very stupidly popped my Bladedancer super when I was already half dead - not once, but twice - and both times I was deservedly assassinated before even getting a single swing in.

I do this ALL the time. I LOVE bladedancing when it works, but when it fizzles before it starts? It feels like the worst super ever.

If a defender titan is almost dead, punch someone quick and you get shields or throw down a bubble. A striker? Hulk smash them, and then a shoulder charge a rocket just for the giggles. Sunsinger? Punch someone for health or sunsing for resistance. Voidwalker? Using your super will clear the room while making you invulnerable to rockets. Gunslingers are in a similar boat as the bladedancer. Hunters just can't use their super as a get out of jail free card. You have to be more tactical with it.

In other words, you are right. It comes down to user-error, but it feels so lame when everyone else can pop supers at times you cant. :(

Dat Bladedancing

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 11:59 (3376 days ago) @ ckamp

I very stupidly popped my Bladedancer super when I was already half dead - not once, but twice - and both times I was deservedly assassinated before even getting a single swing in.

I do this ALL the time. I LOVE bladedancing when it works, but when it fizzles before it starts? It feels like the worst super ever.

If a defender titan is almost dead, punch someone quick and you get shields or throw down a bubble. A striker? Hulk smash them, and then a shoulder charge a rocket just for the giggles. Sunsinger? Punch someone for health or sunsing for resistance. Voidwalker? Using your super will clear the room while making you invulnerable to rockets. Gunslingers are in a similar boat as the bladedancer. Hunters just can't use their super as a get out of jail free card. You have to be more tactical with it.

In other words, you are right. It comes down to user-error, but it feels so lame when everyone else can pop supers at times you cant. :(

You're absolutely right -- Hunter supers are not "get out of jail free" cards like the other classes'. People that hate on hunters just can't handle the skill and precision it takes to play one. Our skill tree perks are geared towards rewarding true aim and precise attacks.

The other thing that's different about Hunter supers - you get punished for popping it at the wrong time. If a Warlock or Titan hits the bumpers to go into their super animation and then die before it finishes "going off", they have their super charge back when they respawn. If a hunter pops his super it doesn't matter if he dies mid-animation of the golden gun/arc blade enacting - his super charge is reset to zero.

Only truly smart and talented people can play hunters well.

Dat Bladedancing

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 12:02 (3376 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Only truly smart, handsome, awesome and talented people can play hunters.

Fixed.

+ one million

by ckamp, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 12:16 (3376 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Disagree

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 12:58 (3376 days ago) @ Speedracer513

You're absolutely right -- Hunter supers are not "get out of jail free" cards like the other classes'. People that hate on hunters just can't handle the skill and precision it takes to play one. Our skill tree perks are geared towards rewarding true aim and precise attacks.

The other thing that's different about Hunter supers - you get punished for popping it at the wrong time. If a Warlock or Titan hits the bumpers to go into their super animation and then die before it finishes "going off", they have their super charge back when they respawn. If a hunter pops his super it doesn't matter if he dies mid-animation of the golden gun/arc blade enacting - his super charge is reset to zero.

Only truly smart and talented people can play hunters well.

If any Hunter gets fewer than three kills with their super, that player is incompetent. Other classes require specific circumstances to deal anything close to the amount a damage a hunter super can do. Hunters can just run around the map tearing the opposing team up.

Hunters also gain significant damage resistance while their super is active, and blade-dancers have perks to REGEN health with every kill they make on top of that. With Striker Titans and warlocks, Players must chose to utilize specific perks or exotic armour to gain similar benefits, at the expense of other perks.

Disagree

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 13:05 (3376 days ago) @ CyberKN

Hunters also gain significant damage resistance while their super is active, and blade-dancers have perks to REGEN health with every kill they make on top of that.

This is ONLY true with Bladedancers. Gunslingers are just as easy to kill while their golden gun is active. I still maintain the average number of kills is only significantly higher as a Gunslinger if you don't count the times a Gunslinger gets killed right after popping their super. And I know what everyone is going to say "But that's because you messed up." As someone who plays Gunslinger as a primary, you can't always know that when you turn the corner after popping your super that the guy around the corner will have: heavy ammo, a shotgun, a sniper ready for you, any sticky grenade, or a super of their own (which if they aren't another hunter they won't die in one golden gun shot mid-super). And that's not even counting the number of times I've met good teams when I come around the corner who focus fire me, so I get 1 kill and then die from the combined power of 3-6 weapons trained on me. I do prefer Golden Gun over any other super, but it's definitely the fragilest of all the supers. Also, talking to many other hunters, you tend to hold onto your super for longer as a Hunter since you don't want to get killed while you're activating it.

Disagree

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 15:57 (3376 days ago) @ CyberKN

Sunsingers get damage resistance during Radiance, even without the perk, I think.

Dat Rocket Blast

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 19:23 (3376 days ago) @ ZackDark

Goddamn t1g3r.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread