Thank you 360 showdown participants! (DBO)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 20:38 (3377 days ago)

Hopefully next time we try this, there isn't so much time spent trying to matchmake! Hey Bungie! CUSTOM GAMEZ.

And next time we're splitting Robot and Chaos up.

Private matchmaking ftw

by ChaosSociety, Oregon, Friday, February 06, 2015, 20:49 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Good games to all! That was a ton of fun!
Hopefully next time we will be able to spend more time playing and less time matchmaking. Sorry to all those who came in and had to drop too.

I had to make sure to get my one teabagging in when I shot an invisible bladedancing banana with golden gun from point blank. You know, no biggie ;)

Saved by the architects

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, February 06, 2015, 20:50 (3377 days ago) @ ChaosSociety

Good games to all! That was a ton of fun!
Hopefully next time we will be able to spend more time playing and less time matchmaking. Sorry to all those who came in and had to drop too.

I had to make sure to get my one teabagging in when I shot an invisible bladedancing banana with golden gun from point blank. You know, no biggie ;)

That roof so saved your ass. Couldn't blink over you ;)

I've just got three little words for you guys:

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, February 06, 2015, 22:54 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

THREE. LITTLE. WORDS.

I was a bit nervous about brining it in against people I knew were good especially after all the trash talk ... remember I used The Last Word against the admin team... but it preformed amazingly. I got a few two burst kills including one amazingly long ranged one on BeardFade when he was sniping from the tunnel that faces A on Burning Shire. Oh, and it's getting a 9.7% damage increase soon! I also enjoyed wrecking the Pocket Infinity users with aggressive use of Invective. They got me a couple of times but I'm pretty sure I pulled off some nice two and three and for shell kills.

Other than that those stomps on Shores of Time and Blind Watch the games were pretty even and sometimes even tense to the end. And, except for the trouble actually getting the games together, I had a lot of fun! :)

I've just got three little words for you guys:

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 02:11 (3377 days ago) @ Ragashingo

You killed me too many times with that thing.

I'm going to find your dang ballpit

Thank you for organizing this! Bungie make customs a thing!

by ckamp, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 04:06 (3377 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I had a blast. My favorite moment was getting blasted by BlackT1g3r on the The Shores of time while we all sat in a meditative bubble at B. Does Destiny have an Extermination medal? If not, they should.

Seriously, I really appreciate the work you and Chaos put into organizing this. Bungie was right, it is better to play together. Now if only they had some sort of matchmaking mechanism that could let us do this more easily...

You are a bad man.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 06:49 (3376 days ago) @ ckamp
edited by iconicbanana, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 06:52

Man you were throwing the balance of this whole thing off last night. Have not played enough crucible with you, turns out you were the ringer. I'd give you the MVP if it existed.

You are a bad man.

by ckamp, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 11:11 (3376 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I was having some good games there, but my playstyle really only works if I've got a good team. Otherwise I just end up giving the enemy more kills. I also just discovered hand-cannons in the crucible, so I'm kind of bummed they are getting nerfed.

Thank you for organizing this! Bungie make customs a thing!

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 11:50 (3376 days ago) @ ckamp

See, the thing about that bubble is someone (not sure who) was sneaking up on me whilst I heckled the rest of you as you sat (literally) in there. Now, I have Third Eye on, so I knew they were doing that, but they had the drop of me, so I just continued to heckle you because it was funny. They, thinking I didn't know they were there, stood behind me for like ten seconds. Eventually I tried to move fast and get the drop on them, but I got Fist of Havoc'd. Sadly I respawned too fast and didn't get to see all of you die.

Guilty

by rellekh, PNW, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 12:01 (3376 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

If you look at my K/D for the night, you'll understand why I was trying to pad my score...I was NOT ready to sing kumbaya in the bubble and let myself get killed. I'd already died enough!

Thank you 360 showdown participants!

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 06:06 (3376 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Incredibly fun!

The highlight for me was undoubtedly when we were embarrassing the yellow team so badly on Shores of Time that we decided we needed to let you guys catch up or else the game would split us up after that beat down -- so my suggestion was that we should all gather on B and sit down. Someone put up a bubble, which led to a hilarious 30 seconds of us watching you all (or so we thought) gather down the hill, only to be blindsided by a rocket from the side as soon as the bubble disappeared. We laughed and laughed and laughed some more.

After that match when you guys got disconnected and then Blue and I bailed to let Beorn and Malagate in -- were you guys able to get matched up for a few more games again?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 06:25 (3376 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I think we managed five games total over the 3+ hours, due partly to latency and mostly to that damn matchmaking. Definitely wish we could have to more in.

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 08:17 (3376 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Thanks for gathering your whole team together for me! I think the heavy ammo I used was actually from your body. I just happened to get lucky that bubble dropped right as I was turning the corner!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 08:31 (3376 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Thanks for gathering your whole team together for me! I think the heavy ammo I used was actually from your body. I just happened to get lucky that bubble dropped right as I was turning the corner!

If only you'd gotten blue after he resurrected! You could have had a seventh column!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 09:12 (3376 days ago) @ iconicbanana

If only you'd gotten blue after he resurrected! You could have had a seventh column!

Pretty much what I was saying. "Watch me spoil his fun". :P

Dancing was worth it

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 11:12 (3376 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, February 07, 2015, 11:34 (3376 days ago) @ Speedracer513

I loved how Raichu later told me he had Third Eye and knew about the Striker behind him all along, during the bubble sit-down. The two of them stood there for, what, 10 seconds?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, February 07, 2015, 11:37 (3376 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Can't wait to get my Vanquisher VIII and Plan C leveled up to go against you guys again. Great times.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Saturday, February 07, 2015, 18:03 (3376 days ago) @ ZackDark

Yo dawg, everyone knows that all you really need is No Land Beyond...

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread