Midnight Star? (Gaming)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, February 09, 2015, 12:24 (3366 days ago)

So, has anyone purchased or planning on purchasing Midnight Star by Industrial Toys (Seropian)? I think I might get it just out of curiosity.

Midnight Star?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 09, 2015, 12:52 (3366 days ago) @ dogcow

So, has anyone purchased or planning on purchasing Midnight Star by Industrial Toys (Seropian)? I think I might get it just out of curiosity.

I played it at PAX Prime. It was fun. Movement was limited, but it worked. I guess I wasn't quite sold because I haven't bought it yet. I don't love tablets, though. I find them physically hard to deal with even when I'm not shooting aliens on them.

Midnight Star?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 09, 2015, 12:55 (3366 days ago) @ dogcow

It's one of those shitty "we make you wait unless you pay" games. Skip it and don't support that idiocy.

Midnight Star?

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Monday, February 09, 2015, 13:22 (3366 days ago) @ dogcow

I "bought" it. Turns out it's free, but when you upgrade a gun, armor, etc. you have to wait to use it. I assume you can get around this waiting period by paying money. I don't really know because after ~ 10 minutes of play I had an armor upgrade that required 500 energy. I didn't have 500 energy, but I could have bought it for $5. The tricky part was I couldn't figure out how to say no to the purchase without just restarting the game.

So, I deleted it.

- CC

Midnight Star?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, February 09, 2015, 15:29 (3366 days ago) @ CaneCutter

I "bought" it. Turns out it's free, but when you upgrade a gun, armor, etc. you have to wait to use it. I assume you can get around this waiting period by paying money. I don't really know because after ~ 10 minutes of play I had an armor upgrade that required 500 energy. I didn't have 500 energy, but I could have bought it for $5. The tricky part was I couldn't figure out how to say no to the purchase without just restarting the game.

So, I deleted it.

- CC

Once again, I saw this coming a long time ago. Good on you for deleting it!

CWR2013. NEVER FORGET.

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 04:35 (3365 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

HE WON'T LET YOU.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 17:11 (3365 days ago) @ Malagate

- No text -

Midnight Star?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, February 10, 2015, 07:40 (3365 days ago) @ CaneCutter

That sounds like utter garbage.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread