Co-op Night (PS4 Edition) Tues@9 PM EST (Recruitment)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 09, 2015, 15:56 (3370 days ago)

I’m irritated with my Xbone for the moment, and Dogcow asked about this last week. I thought he might host it, but I haven’t heard from him today … so let’s give this a go!

What?

The Nightfall mission (or Weekly Heroic--your choice), followed by a daily mission nightcap.

Who?

Guardians level 28 and up

Where?

PSN on the PS4

How?

Members sign up with their gamertags using the event listing.

I will invite you to an PSN party shortly before 9 EST. Every effort will be made to invite players in the order they signed up in the fireteam builder. When the party is full the Co-op Night Random Team Generator (RTG) will assign teams. Teams will break off, and I'll invite more people to the party until I've included everyone. This process should wrap up by ~9:05.

Why?

To have the opportunity to play with community members you may not have played with before, to have a predictable time during the week to cooperatively tackle a harder challenge, and to kick some alien butt.

<3

Kermit

P.S. Remember that on co-op night, assists count more than kills.

Co-op Night (PS4 Edition) Tues@9 PM EST

by Warbow, Monday, February 09, 2015, 16:24 (3370 days ago) @ Kermit

I understand, but not happy .

Co-op Night (PS4 Edition) Tues@9 PM EST

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 09, 2015, 16:46 (3370 days ago) @ Warbow

I'll be back.

Co-op LATE Night / Round 2 (PS4) Tues@11 PM EST / 8 PST

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, February 09, 2015, 16:53 (3370 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by dogcow, Monday, February 09, 2015, 17:07

I’m irritated with my Xbone for the moment, and Dogcow asked about this last week. I thought he might host it, but I haven’t heard from him today … so let’s give this a go!

Yeah, maybe I should just post to the forum when I can't get in touch with you by other means. ;)

I won't be signing on until a little before 11:00 eastern. I know of at least two "west coasters" who won't be able to make the earlier event, so I'll schedule a "round 2" event for 11:00 pm EST, 8:00 PST. Anyone who wants to are welcome to join in & I'll try my hand at assigning some random teams like Kermit does.

What?

Round 2
The Nightfall mission (or Weekly Heroic--your choice), followed by a daily mission nightcap.

Who?

Guardians level 28 and up who want to hit the nightfall & weekly heroic a second time, or who can't make the first event.

Where?

PSN on the PS4

How?

Members sign up with their gamertags using the event listing.

I will attempt to run this as smoothly as Kermit does. ;)
I will invite you to an PSN party shortly before 11 EST / 8 PST. Every effort will be made to invite players in the order they signed up in the fireteam builder. When the party is full the Co-op Night Random Team Generator (RTG) will assign teams. Teams will break off, and I'll invite more people to the party until I've included everyone. This process should wrap up by ~11:05 EST / 8:05 PST.

Why?

To have the opportunity to play with community members you may not have played with before, to have a predictable time during the week to cooperatively tackle a harder challenge, and to kick some alien butt.

P.S. Remember that on co-op night, assists count more than kills.

Woohoo!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, February 09, 2015, 18:37 (3369 days ago) @ dogcow

If I wasn't waking tomorrow at 2 AM your time, I would join you tomorrow night. Don't worry about running it as smoothly as I do. I have yet to run it smoothly! The assigning teams part is kind of crazy. If you can think of a better way to do it go for it.

well, that was humbling.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 03:08 (3368 days ago) @ Kermit

In the years that I've hosted co-op nights, i've never had no one show up. Should've made cookies.

That's how PS4 people are

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 03:55 (3368 days ago) @ Kermit

You shouldn't have hung out with their kind. That's just how they are. Come back to our side, Kerm. We'll play with you. We're the good ones.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 09:41 (3368 days ago) @ bluerunner

Nah, they're good, too. I kind of expected this in that most of the co-op night regulars have, shall we say, experience with the brand, and most of those people are on Xbox. I thought the time may be a bit early since it seems that most playstation folks play later (although I admit being disappointed seeing people who had expressed interest and were obviously able to play at the earlier time choosing to not participate).

Dogcow's going to host them when he can, probably at a better time, so anyone who has an interest can join in.

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 10:07 (3368 days ago) @ Kermit

Nah, they're good, too. I kind of expected this in that most of the co-op night regulars have, shall we say, experience with the brand, and most of those people are on Xbox. I thought the time may be a bit early since it seems that most playstation folks play later (although I admit being disappointed seeing people who had expressed interest and were obviously able to play at the earlier time choosing to not participate).

Dogcow's going to host them when he can, probably at a better time, so anyone who has an interest can join in.

Kermit, the only reason I didn't officially do Co-op night with you is because I had a spot to run it with Ouranje, who is famous for giving out Hawkmoons. Since that didn't work out so well at all, I deeply apologize to you and the karma gods and will never betray you again!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 14:21 (3368 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Kermit, the only reason I didn't officially do Co-op night with you is because I had a spot to run it with Ouranje, who is famous for giving out Hawkmoons.

[image]

You are theoretically absolutely forgiven! ;)

4th Tuesday for the PS4?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 12:59 (3368 days ago) @ Kermit

I'm thinking about running them on the 4th Tuesday of every month.. you know, 4th for the ps4... or something like that. That is if people are interested.

4th Tuesday for the PS4?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 14:21 (3368 days ago) @ dogcow

I'm thinking about running them on the 4th Tuesday of every month.. you know, 4th for the ps4... or something like that. That is if people are interested.

Sounds like a plan!

We're not all bad ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 13:13 (3368 days ago) @ Kermit

I would have loved to join in, but as usual I couldn't get online until much later.

We're not all bad ;)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 14:22 (3368 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I would have loved to join in, but as usual I couldn't get online until much later.

I know. We're cool.

Is your schedule any different on the weekend? Would love to play with you more.

well, that was humbling.

by CaneCutter @, Alabama, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 06:05 (3368 days ago) @ Kermit

In the years that I've hosted co-op nights, i've never had no one show up. Should've made cookies.

I would've shown up, but when kitchen plumbing issues call, you answer. If there's a next time, I'll try my best to be there.

- CC

We will always take you back Kermie

by Warbow, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 07:03 (3368 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Lesson learned. XBone > X360 > PS4

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 09:28 (3368 days ago) @ Kermit

;-)

Sorry, too early for me. :/

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 14:19 (3368 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread