So...My Xbox One Can't Connect To Xbox Live. (Gaming)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, February 14, 2015, 12:49 (3361 days ago)

I was in the middle of playing a Clash with literally the worst players of all time, and quite literally the moment the game ended, before I had a chance to report them all Unhelpful and block them from ever being matched up again, I was--almost predictably--kicked out. But as it turns out, not just from the Destiny servers, but from Xbox Live entirely. I haven't even been able to assign my network to it since. My Xbox 360 can connect, so I haven't been banned. My computers also connect fine. My iPhone's been connected. So it's just the One. I tried getting in contact with Xbox support, but the Ambassadors are absent, and I'm trying to find another free way to get in contact Support. Any possible outcomes from you guys?

That is a darn shame, friend.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, February 14, 2015, 14:27 (3361 days ago) @ Morpheus

I was in the middle of playing a Clash with literally the worst players of all time, and quite literally the moment the game ended, before I had a chance to report them all Unhelpful and block them from ever being matched up again, I was--almost predictably--kicked out. But as it turns out, not just from the Destiny servers, but from Xbox Live entirely. I haven't even been able to assign my network to it since. My Xbox 360 can connect, so I haven't been banned. My computers also connect fine. My iPhone's been connected. So it's just the One. I tried getting in contact with Xbox support, but the Ambassadors are absent, and I'm trying to find another free way to get in contact Support. Any possible outcomes from you guys?

If it suddenly dropped the connection, odds are there's an IP conflict. Do you have it wirelessly connected?

Xbox Support page aside, you could try resetting your router/modem. Oftentimes we'll have an issue where my iPhone connects perfectly to the router, but Sammy's won't. Disconnecting the router for five seconds or so almost always fixes this.

If you're using a wired connection (and you should be), try setting it up as wireless, then plug the cord back in. If wireless doesn't work either, you might try resetting the modem.

Otherwise, you might have to wait until monday if Xbox Support takes the weekend off.

So...My Xbox One Can't Connect To Xbox Live.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, February 14, 2015, 15:07 (3361 days ago) @ Morpheus

Got a Microsoft store near you?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, February 14, 2015, 18:15 (3361 days ago) @ Morpheus

If you're unable to assign the wired connection, it could mean that there is no physical link present on the wired connection. Ethernet devices typically have lights next to the ports to show whether a link is active - I don't remember whether there's a light on the back of the XBone, but your router (or whatever it's plugged into) almost certainly has lights to indicate if something's connected on each port.

If there is no link present, try re-seating both ends of the cable (unplug it and plug back in). The point of this is to make sure it's actually making contact. If that doesn't work, try moving to another port on the router or try a different cable.

If you're trying to connect wirelessly then I'd imagine the console isn't seeing your wireless network. Can it see any others (assuming there ARE any others)? If it can't see any then the problem's pretty likely with the console itself, but if it's seeing other networks (but not yours), reboot the router, even if other devices are still working.

by DreadPirateWes, Saturday, February 14, 2015, 20:50 (3361 days ago) @ Morpheus

Hold your finger on the power button for a few seconds to do the hard reboot?

We Got It.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Sunday, February 15, 2015, 13:15 (3360 days ago) @ Morpheus

I managed to find a chat associate, and I did have to hard reset my console, but I also had to delete my alternate MAC address. Now it works!

I went a day without playing Destiny--and my head hasn't exploded!

Yay!

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, February 15, 2015, 13:31 (3360 days ago) @ Morpheus

- No text -

We Got It.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Sunday, February 15, 2015, 20:51 (3360 days ago) @ Morpheus

but I also had to delete my alternate MAC address.

That would suggest that the MAC you had entered was identical to some other device on your network. Either that, or somehow the data for the alternate MAC had become corrupted (so that instead of using the one you'd entered, it just borked itself and tried to use some gibberish as its MAC).

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread