Be careful who you Share-Play with on PS4..... (Gaming)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 10:48 (3356 days ago)

Or you'll learn a harsh lesson.

Also, be careful when looking for exploits, so that you don't end up getting exploited yourself!

Via B.net

Be careful who you Share-Play with on PS4.....

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 12:10 (3356 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Don't trust anyone named Kermit.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 15:17 (3356 days ago) @ bluerunner

Only if they don't know how to spell Kermit.

Watched the end of that vid in the update. Truly felt bad for the poor kid. People suck.

Every time someone writes b.net I think they mean 4chan.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 12:58 (3356 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Via B.net

Noooo! Don't click on that!

Although these days 4chan seems friendlier almost.

LOL

by RC ⌂, UK, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 13:22 (3356 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I can summon no emotional reactions to this except laughter. I'm so sorry.

It's just so painfully, blindingly obvious that stuff like this would happen with a feature like that.

by petetheduck, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 13:28 (3356 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I blame Sony, such a bizarre feature in the first place.

This whole situation again emphasizes how we're investing in nothing. Regardless of how a character is deleted, all progress in the game is lost. 100%.

Maybe this is standard for Shared World Shooter/not-MMO games, but I'd really like Bungie to give us some kind of security. Heck, even a 'you must log in to Bungie.net to delete this character'

Always read the fine print.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 14:08 (3356 days ago) @ petetheduck

I blame Sony, such a bizarre feature in the first place.

Always read the fine print.

"Remember, you are responsible for all use of your Sony Entertainment Network account, including when you give another player control through Share Play"

I've tried Share Play. It's really cool. The ability to instantaneously convert any local multi-player game into an online one is incredible. But you have to recognize the kind of control you are giving the other party: the same amount they would have if they were sitting next to you.

You know what would be great, though? If Destiny had a recycle bin.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 14:23 (3356 days ago) @ petetheduck

This whole situation again emphasizes how we're investing in nothing. Regardless of how a character is deleted, all progress in the game is lost. 100%.

And that's different for any single player game how? Oh, I deleted my save in Deus Ex, IT'S ALL FOR NOTHING. Oh, I lost my Mass Effect memory card! THERE'S NO POINT!

It's only for nothing if the collection aspect of the game is what you are playing for, because as you say that can be taken away. But nobody can take away the Vault of Glass opening night with blue weapons, Flawless raider, the crucible matches, rolling with the PS4 DBO team, etc.

Characters are but a means to an end for those experiences.

Whaaaaaaaaa...?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 14:26 (3356 days ago) @ Cody Miller

And that's different for any single player game how? Oh, I deleted my save in Deus Ex, IT'S ALL FOR NOTHING. Oh, I lost my Mass Effect memory card! THERE'S NO POINT!

It's only for nothing if the collection aspect of the game is what you are playing for, because as you say that can be taken away. But nobody can take away the Vault of Glass opening night with blue weapons, Flawless raider, the crucible matches, rolling with the PS4 DBO team, etc.

That is..wait I...I don't know what to believe in anymore. Did Cody just...wut.

Whaaaaaaaaa...?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 14:33 (3356 days ago) @ iconicbanana

He's more right than wrong, because your gear has such a huge affect on your ability to HAVE those experiences, that when it's gone so goes the future good times without work to re-obtain.

There we go.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 14:34 (3356 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The world is as it should be again.

No, it fits.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 14:34 (3356 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Cody is listing the types of experiences he likes- it's just that Destiny emphasizes the grind and collecting of stuff over those types of experiences, which is the core of most of his complaints.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, Cody.

The Hell?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 15:40 (3356 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Cody, I...

by petetheduck, Friday, February 20, 2015, 08:51 (3355 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's different from Halo, where the only thing that wasn't saved on Bungie.net was files you didn't upload and campaign level unlocks.

The problem I have with Destiny is the huge RNG focus. I might never get my FWC Scout Rifle with Firefly and Explosive Rounds again if I lost it. Now, if I lost everything but I could spend 2 weeks gathering glimmer and materials and buy it, no big deal. I'm even grudgingly okay with initial RNG distribution if that unlocks something where it can then be reacquired later.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, February 20, 2015, 09:27 (3355 days ago) @ petetheduck

The problem I have with Destiny is the huge RNG focus. I might never get my FWC Scout Rifle with Firefly and Explosive Rounds again if I lost it. Now, if I lost everything but I could spend 2 weeks gathering glimmer and materials and buy it, no big deal. I'm even grudgingly okay with initial RNG distribution if that unlocks something where it can then be reacquired later.

I'm glad you have a problem with that. RNG only belongs in games in very specific circumstances, and determining progression is NOT one.

Hard Lesson Learned... the hard way. :(

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Thursday, February 19, 2015, 13:51 (3356 days ago) @ Revenant1988
edited by dogcow, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 14:06

I feel bad for the kid. You learn not to touch hot things by getting burned, but this jerk intentionally burns the kid.

Is it wrong that the sound of a child's tears bring me joy?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, February 19, 2015, 15:47 (3356 days ago) @ Revenant1988

It's like the opposite of how hearing a baby laugh makes me want to throw it out of a window... Wait. What? Did I say that out loud?

That video is just full of idiocy and douchebaggery from all fronts, but the big lesson is that you can't trust anyone that you meet on the internet. This kid reminds me of those stupid kids that would give people their login info by being promised Recon in Halo 3.

That said, people are given a very clear warning for Share Play about consequences and responsibility, so this kid kind of deserves what he got for being a moron.... That said, Bungie can probably make it up to him in some way. And honestly, it would surprise me if they didn't help out in some form, since they've always been pretty awesome about fans in need...

PS: Kermit, why'd you have to be such a jerk? You don't have to impress me, man!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread