Ok so all of a sudden Ruin Wings are working (Destiny)

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, February 23, 2015, 07:11 (3372 days ago)

The past couple days I've been running them, and it feels like Surplus is on but I'm rocking Truth or Dragon's Breath. I should know, because I've run my Surplus rocket launcher for the long enough to know what it should feel like.

This is PvE only observations.

Was some kind of bug fixed in that last little update? Any other unlucky Wing users having success?

Ok so all of a sudden Ruin Wings are working

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, February 23, 2015, 07:14 (3372 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

TBH they've always worked for me. I think any indication to the contrary is just the cruel nature of RNG.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, February 23, 2015, 07:18 (3372 days ago) @ stabbim

TBH they've always worked for me. I think any indication to the contrary is just the cruel nature of RNG.

Not saying your wrong, but it strikes me as soooooo odd that I could switch to my Valedictorian and have it feel right back to normal. Could RNG have been that cruel?

human braines hatez mathz

I've always had good luck with Ruin Wings.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, February 23, 2015, 07:47 (3372 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Monday, February 23, 2015, 08:55 (3372 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

This weekend was the first time I used them. Perhaps a bad example, but I used them to do glimmer farming at the Exclusion Zone so I could buy the Iron Banner gear. I felt like I got a lot more Heavy Ammo, but it was sporadic. It felt like either every enemy dropped Heavy to the point it was useless (because you only kill 12 enemies in a pass for glimmer farming) or it wouldn't drop any at all. I'd love it if it was more a steady stream, but don't know how you make that happen with RNGesus.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, February 23, 2015, 09:12 (3372 days ago) @ BeardFade

This weekend was the first time I used them. Perhaps a bad example, but I used them to do glimmer farming at the Exclusion Zone so I could buy the Iron Banner gear. I felt like I got a lot more Heavy Ammo, but it was sporadic. It felt like either every enemy dropped Heavy to the point it was useless (because you only kill 12 enemies in a pass for glimmer farming) or it wouldn't drop any at all. I'd love it if it was more a steady stream, but don't know how you make that happen with RNGesus.

I remember Bungie talking about "actions per minute" in regards to Super energy and the Crucible, when that 2v2 gametype was out. Less things to do to get energy in that playlist, as opposed to 6v6 Control.

I'm guessing Heavy ammo works the same. In something like Omnigul, kills are through the roof, compared to the Valus strike. With Surplus and now Ruin Wings, running that first and second set piece in Omnigul with nothing but my Heavy out is satisfyingly frequent.

As far as a steady stream goes, best I've been able to manage is hanging on to what I have, then when I see new ammo drop LET FLY THE DOGS OF WARRR. Budget properly. Haha.

Bungie should run the numbers and post it in a BWU

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, February 23, 2015, 09:18 (3372 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Surely they could crunch numbers on Ruin Wings usage, heavy drops, and heavy usage? Settle the debate once and for all.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread