Xur is in the Nightclub (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Friday, March 06, 2015, 07:26 (3360 days ago)

Helm of Saint-14, Helm of Dire Akhamkara, Dire Akhamkara Spine, and... ICEBREAKER (if you somehow missed it the other two times it was for sale). He's also upgrading a bunch of stuff that he doesn't usually have, like Gjallerhorn.

Saint-14 *get*

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, March 06, 2015, 07:43 (3360 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

That's twice that I've totally forgotten...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 06, 2015, 09:07 (3360 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Helm of Saint-14, Helm of Dire Akhamkara, Dire Akhamkara Spine, and... ICEBREAKER (if you somehow missed it the other two times it was for sale). He's also upgrading a bunch of stuff that he doesn't usually have, like Gjallerhorn.

And i've been playing all night. bleep bloop. Next week for sure...

Skull of Dire Ahamkara!?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, March 06, 2015, 10:45 (3360 days ago) @ Kahzgul

The one helm I have yet to get shall soon be mine.

Helm of Saint 14!

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, March 06, 2015, 12:12 (3360 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Now I can rock a defender like Raga, though probably not as well as he does!

Xur is in the Nightclub

by Up North 65 @, Friday, March 06, 2015, 13:48 (3360 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Blinding bubble train through the abyss for everyone!!!!!!

Xur is in the Nightclub

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, March 06, 2015, 14:06 (3360 days ago) @ Kahzgul

He's also upgrading a bunch of stuff that he doesn't usually have, like Mask of the Third Man.

Finally I'll be able to have a helmet that let's me regen health with an orb and let me hit level 32.

Who here actually uses Helm of Saint a lot?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, March 06, 2015, 14:13 (3360 days ago) @ Kahzgul

That helmet was the first Exoitc armor I got the first month of Destiny, and I still have it, but I almost never use it.

It's fully leveled and I've seen how the blinding effects work in PvE and PvP, but I never really found a way to use it other than for novelty.

How do you guys like to use it? What are your strategies and configurations on it?

For example, are you using it defensively or offensively, and why?

I'd like to see some thoughts on it, so maybe I'll find more use for it.

by Up North 65 @, Friday, March 06, 2015, 14:33 (3360 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Getting a Sainted titan across the bridge first helps the following few with a blinded, stumbling, and confused gatekeeper. In the abyss it can mean reviving a fallen comrade or getting your self killed as well. The only drawback to the helm is that if the enemy melee animation is started outside the bubble it will carry on through. The sword knights in the abyss are particularly good at this, but once they enter the purple globe of awesome sauce they will become as meek as babes.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Friday, March 06, 2015, 14:51 (3359 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Generally, in PvE, it's great for orb generation and shutting down large groups of enemies in close quarters. Spec for Blessing of Light (to refresh shields stepping out and back into the Dawn), Dawn duration, Force Barrier to generate orbs, and Iron Harvest and an LMG.

Throw up the Dawn if you're being rushed (say Hive on Omnigul) defensively or fly in and deploy it amid a group offensively (under Fallen dropships). The AI goes blind, then it attempts to back out of the Dawn. Plenty of time for punches, shotguns, or LMG fire to kill them.

On Nightfalls, especially with Lightswitch, enemies will lunge into the Dawn and kill you. Hang out "behind" it, so the enemies pass through while trying to get to you.

It works on everything except the biggest strike bosses (but works on Omnigul). Hands down the best exotic for Defender in PvE.

It's really, really good on Omnigul

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, March 06, 2015, 14:57 (3359 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

If you don't have 2 Gjallarhorns to take her down in the blink of an eye, filling the landing where she usually is with blinding bubbles is great for snipers, especially Black Hammer.

Yes it is.

by Robot Chickens, Friday, March 06, 2015, 15:18 (3359 days ago) @ ZackDark

Rellekh, another rando, and I created a string of never-ending titan bubbles on Omnigul's platform. Each of us had a different "blessing" and we stayed up there the whole fight and punched Omnigul and her minions to death. Some of the most fun I've had in Destiny.

Having the Punch-kill = orbs is great when you have another bubble-titan. Put on damage resistance and you are invincible as you melee everything. We call them punch-parties. Sure we have little t-rex arms as titans, but we generate orbs on every swing feeding the next cylce. You can do this without the Helm of Saint 14, but it it much easier with.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, March 06, 2015, 15:09 (3359 days ago) @ Revenant1988

That helmet was the first Exoitc armor I got the first month of Destiny, and I still have it, but I almost never use it.

What a shame! Put that thing on!

It's fully leveled and I've seen how the blinding effects work in PvE and PvP, but I never really found a way to use it other than for novelty.

When I first got it I felt the same, "Gee, what a nice little novelty." However, once I started using it a lot I've found it to be pretty dang great.

How do you guys like to use it? What are your strategies and configurations on it?
For example, are you using it defensively or offensively, and why?
I'd like to see some thoughts on it, so maybe I'll find more use for it.

Do I use it defensively or offensively? YES!

Configuration: If I'm using it with a team I'll usually run Blessing of Light. If I'm fighting Atheon I'll swap over to Weapons of Light. If I'm by myself? Armor of Light. I'll usually run it with the 'Bastion' to increase the duration of my bubble.

Placement: One of my favorite places to put the bubble are at choke points or in front of monster closets. For example, during the first encounter of the Omnigul strike I'll place it in the right hand door when all those thrall spawn & suddenly the little room everyone hides in turns into a boxing ring and every guardian morphs into Little Mac from Mike Tyson's Punchout with dozens of thrall blindly wandering around that little room. It's kinda fun.

Putting it in front of a monster closet or in a monster movement path during a boss battle will really reduce the pressure when adds/mobs/whatever enter the arena. If there's 3 places the adds come from then you've essentially cut the wave by 1/3.

In the Abyss you can use it to allow your guardians to put some serious distance between them & a mass of thrall, but, any other super could wipe out huge amounts of them too. It's really nice if you need to revive someone, just watch out of those melees.

And of course there's always using it to blind the gatekeepers when crossing the bridge.

Blind the Ogres on Crota

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, March 06, 2015, 15:23 (3359 days ago) @ dogcow

Dropping a blinding bubble in from of the ogre spawn point during the crota fight is awesomely funny. The orge comes out and is immediately blinded and then gives everyone a little breathing room while destroying it to clear the room. plus you drop a few orbs for everyone to pick up and potentially regen health.

by TheGhostBrigade, Friday, March 06, 2015, 15:21 (3359 days ago) @ Revenant1988

It was my first exotic armor as well. I find it extremely useful for Deathsinger. Run in to take out the Shrieker, then pop a shield to fight Ir Yut. You have to dodge knights and thrall coming in at first, but once they are all blinded you are basically free to blast Ir Yut without worrying as much about ads.

Constantly. Use it on lightswitch days/omnigul.

by Funkmon @, Friday, March 06, 2015, 17:23 (3359 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Fun fact:

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, March 06, 2015, 15:01 (3359 days ago) @ Kahzgul

[image]

Xur is in the Nightclub

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, March 06, 2015, 21:31 (3359 days ago) @ Kahzgul

I'm thinking of buying an Icebreaker for my Hunter. It's the third time this has shown up--maybe it's a sign.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread