Xurs wares for Friday the 13th (Destiny)

by TheeChaos @, Friday, March 13, 2015, 10:40 (3353 days ago)

Here you are.

Nothing special. Knucklehead radar isnt bad. Insurmountable Skullfort is good stuff for Titans because of the orb pick ups. Useful in Crotas End. I have a red Death, but just started messing around with it so I cannot vouch for this purchase yet.

Happy Friday guys

Xurs wares for Friday the 13th

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, March 13, 2015, 10:44 (3353 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Nothing special... I have a red Death, but just started messing around with it so I cannot vouch for this purchase yet.

Nothing special? Don't know if people should buy Red Death? You need to get that thing out and use it. You're missing out.

by TheeChaos @, Friday, March 13, 2015, 10:50 (3353 days ago) @ bluerunner

I have just had such an influx of weapons come in lately I havent really had a chance to use them all and its just been sitting. I used it before the buff and Didnt really care for it. I used it last night in PVP. The low spread of the bursts is really nice. I still prefer Oversoul Edict at the moment. Super awesome.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, March 13, 2015, 11:06 (3353 days ago) @ TheeChaos

With Xur selling Red Death, I can't wait for Red Banner next week. It'll have a Halo 2 feel to it.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, March 13, 2015, 11:39 (3353 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Sweet, I've been waiting for him to sell Red Death or Thunderlord.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:01 (3353 days ago) @ bluerunner

IB is back next week? Time to start saving glimmer!

Re: glimmer farming

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:02 (3353 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Has anybody figured out whether it's better to glimmer farm with friends or whether it's more efficient to do solo?

Definitely with Friends

by TheeChaos @, Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:21 (3353 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Definitely, because you dont fall asleep.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:23 (3353 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Reddit's favorite dataminer has pulled out the Iron Banner items. I don't know if that's changing along with Xur or not, but here it is.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2yw91h/misc_he_is_a_another_xurspoilers/

[b][bigger]:)[/bigger][/b]

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:43 (3353 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

Re: glimmer farming

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:46 (3353 days ago) @ Speedracer513

With friends, each can super 1/2 of the yellow guys and then pickup each others orbs & do it all over again.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:48 (3353 days ago) @ TheeChaos

What time did Xûr show up? I was on until 2:30 & didn't see him.

The battle between Bungie and Megaman is the real meta-game

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:49 (3353 days ago) @ bluerunner

If Macphisto is correct, and Bungie really is the final boss of Destiny, then Megaman is winning harder than the rest of us.

Disclaimer

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:56 (3353 days ago) @ bluerunner

Reddit's favorite dataminer has pulled out the Iron Banner items. I don't know if that's changing along with Xur or not, but here it is.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2yw91h/misc_he_is_a_another_xurspoilers/

In the event that, the Iron Banner yelds the gear seen, I shall be playing Destiny PVP. For the first time. Ever. In that event I'll need a team - I'm NOT doing randoms.

I hear that some of us at DBO are so good that they can survive as soldiers of fortune. So... since no one else can help, I'm hopeing someone here can help me find them... so then maybe, just maybe, I can "hire"... The A-Team.

*Soundtrack*

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, March 13, 2015, 12:58 (3353 days ago) @ dogcow

What time did Xûr show up? I was on until 2:30 & didn't see him.

I think it's an hour later than it had been the past several months. I recall DeeJ saying somthing along the lines of "Xur is not affected by Daylight Savings Time".

Nailed it

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 13, 2015, 13:00 (3353 days ago) @ TheeChaos

We might actually need to schedule a glimmer-farming night. I want to try that IB rank glitch, if I can figure it out.

w00t!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, March 13, 2015, 13:05 (3353 days ago) @ TheeChaos

With today's purchase of Red Death, I'm now one Crux of Crota away from having every exotic weapon available to the Xboxers. Let's hope tonight's the night it finally drops for me!

-Disciple

Nailed it

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, March 13, 2015, 13:12 (3353 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

We might actually need to schedule a glimmer-farming night. I want to try that IB rank glitch, if I can figure it out.

Do you mean where you keep your previous rank? Just be warned it is not guaranteed to work even if you do it correctly.

Nailed it

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, March 13, 2015, 13:15 (3353 days ago) @ Xenos

Do you mean where you keep your previous rank? Just be warned it is not guaranteed to work even if you do it correctly.

Yeah I've heard as much. I just need to stay in the tower during the reset, right?

Nailed it

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, March 13, 2015, 13:16 (3353 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Done.

Nailed it

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, March 13, 2015, 13:16 (3353 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Yeah I've heard as much. I just need to stay in the tower during the reset, right?

Yep, that's it

Nailed it

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, March 13, 2015, 13:34 (3353 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Done.

...and I just realized you guys are all signed up for a raid at that time... So, if you wanna glimmer farm together before/after, just let me know.

Definitely with Friends

by Durandal, Friday, March 13, 2015, 13:40 (3353 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Killing the endless knights on Siege of the Warmind (30) works best with 3 people with consumables active. You get 58 glimmer every 10 seconds. One hour should net 20k glimmer + item drops.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, March 13, 2015, 13:43 (3353 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Bah! I wish I had known. I would have gone to bed when I realized it was 1:50am.

Is the reset an hour later too? or I mean.. unaffected by Daylight Saving Time?

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, March 13, 2015, 13:45 (3353 days ago) @ dogcow

Bah! I wish I had known. I would have gone to bed when I realized it was 1:50am.

Is the reset an hour later too? or I mean.. unaffected by Daylight Saving Time?

I would imagine so (but don't know for sure).

w00t!

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Friday, March 13, 2015, 13:46 (3353 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

I won't be far behind you

Well played

by Kahzgul, Friday, March 13, 2015, 14:13 (3353 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Patrol on Venus instead

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, March 13, 2015, 14:16 (3353 days ago) @ Durandal

I've been using this method lately. Instead of running around, I'll sit back farther away using icebreaker to shoot into this loot cave. you can get around 85 glimmer every 5-6 seconds. Works great if you have multiple people farming with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HGrnLvU4TA

Red Death

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, March 13, 2015, 14:28 (3353 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Finally!

Up North! Did you get your Knucklehead Radar yet?

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, March 13, 2015, 14:53 (3353 days ago) @ TheeChaos

- No text -

[b][bigger]:)[/bigger][/b]

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, March 13, 2015, 15:10 (3353 days ago) @ Ragashingo

2 Red Deaths and ~140 heavy ammo synths later I am now, for the first time since November, out of Strange Coins :)

Up North! Did you get your Knucklehead Radar yet?

by Up North 65 @, Friday, March 13, 2015, 15:11 (3353 days ago) @ BeardFade

AWWW Yeah!!!! And look, you can be like chickens and me but we earned our Red Deaths scrub!!!

Nailed it

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 13, 2015, 16:17 (3352 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Done.

...and I just realized you guys are all signed up for a raid at that time... So, if you wanna glimmer farm together before/after, just let me know.

Uh, just do the VoG and glimmer farm the gatekeeper.

Nailed it

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, March 13, 2015, 16:22 (3352 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Done.

Uh, just do the VoG and glimmer farm the gatekeeper.

Yeah, if 5 other people want to get all the way there and then farm that for a while, sure...

LFG: Gatekeeper Checkpoint

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, March 13, 2015, 16:33 (3352 days ago) @ Speedracer513

Just go on LFG and ask for the Gatekeeper checkpoint. It's pretty simple to do this alone.

I've seen that one

by Durandal, Friday, March 13, 2015, 16:45 (3352 days ago) @ unoudid

The difference is that the Warmind mission gives you hive majors, so you can hit most of Eris's bounties easily plus it benefits more from consumables. The extra BWI and Silk drops will put you ahead over the Venus cave, plus you don't have to worry about people coming by to run a mission.

You mean won the lottery. ;)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Friday, March 13, 2015, 17:00 (3352 days ago) @ Up North 65

- No text -

Definitely with Friends

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 13, 2015, 17:03 (3352 days ago) @ Durandal

Killing the endless knights on Siege of the Warmind (30) works best with 3 people with consumables active. You get 58 glimmer every 10 seconds. One hour should net 20k glimmer + item drops.

Wait... which knights are endless? (I'm not really interested in glimmer farming, but I never noticed any endless knights... I'm wondering what else I missed. ;) )

You mean won the lottery. ;)

by Up North 65 @, Friday, March 13, 2015, 17:18 (3352 days ago) @ dogcow

I mean he got lucky enough that a little blue Japanese man with a gun for and arm and an executable file attached to his name poked the bear in the eye enough times that the bear said "watch them deal with this". Granted I was lucky enough as well as Knucklehead is my #1 hunter helm. And damn there have been way too many Red Deaths in crucible this morning.

Definitely with Friends

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, March 13, 2015, 17:25 (3352 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Wait... which knights are endless? (I'm not really interested in glimmer farming, but I never noticed any endless knights... I'm wondering what else I missed. ;) )

When the final Ogre spawns, knights spawn as well. Hide from the Ogre, and kill the knights. They must keep spawning forever until the Ogre is dead. That'd be my guess.

I want all the things!

by Dan de Board @, Friday, March 13, 2015, 17:32 (3352 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Unfortunately, I don't think I have enough SC for Skullfort, Knucklehead and Red Death...

Definitely with Friends

by Claude Errera @, Friday, March 13, 2015, 18:18 (3352 days ago) @ Cody Miller

When the final Ogre spawns, knights spawn as well. Hide from the Ogre, and kill the knights. They must keep spawning forever until the Ogre is dead. That'd be my guess.

lol - if that's true, I completely understand now why I didn't know this. :)

(My strategy on that mission is to kill the ogre as quickly as possible - preferably before any of the knights even GET to me. By a huge margin, the main cause of death in this entire mission for me is being caught by the ogre's eye blast as I'm leaping around to avoid knights; I have found it simpler just to nuke the ogre asap from the center position (farthest from the knights' spawn areas) than to deal with that frustration. :) )

Definitely with Friends

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, March 13, 2015, 19:07 (3352 days ago) @ Claude Errera

You're strategy is the only one I employ on that mission.

If people are doing it for glimmer farming, I honestly can't imagine why... I really don't see how it can even be close to the efficiency of the Exclusion Zone - which is way less stressful.

I want all the things!

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Friday, March 13, 2015, 20:05 (3352 days ago) @ Dan de Board

So roll a couple exotic helmet engrams on different characters and see if you can get either of those! It's not like anybody cares about Motes of Light anyway!

Attn: Gunslingers

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, March 13, 2015, 20:07 (3352 days ago) @ TheeChaos

Not that you need another reason to get Red Death, but I just saw this on Reddit... Apparently, shooting your tripmine grenade counts as a kill for Red Death's health regen triggering purposes -- so you don't even need to find a thrall to kill while fighting Crota!

w00t!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, March 13, 2015, 20:27 (3352 days ago) @ CougRon

I won't be far behind you

Awesome! Which one(s) are you still hunting?

-Disciple

buy red death before the armor

by DreadPirateWes, Friday, March 13, 2015, 20:43 (3352 days ago) @ Dan de Board

i have all hunter exotics split up among my two hunters, and knucklehead radar is way down my list of exotics to wear. symbiote is my go-to helmet. don't touch me can be a lifesaver. i also prefer alpha lupi or lucky rasberry. if you're just collecting, yay!

i'm not a titan, but the destinydb review of skullfort is not good.

i got red death right before the pulse rifle bump and was really excited. however, it's not quite what i was hoping for in PvE. however, it's perk can certainly be useful if you don't have another way to regen health.

by R41, Friday, March 13, 2015, 20:53 (3352 days ago) @ TheeChaos

I need to get 4 strange coins urgently; I gots to get me a red death.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Friday, March 13, 2015, 21:08 (3352 days ago) @ R41

Hope you got a weekly heroic to run left :)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Friday, March 13, 2015, 21:35 (3352 days ago) @ BeardFade

Hope you got a weekly heroic to run left :)

...and if not, there are two other ways to get a guaranteed strange coin: (a) finishing the assault on the ketch mission on Venus (only the first time for each character), and (b) the lesser-known way - find all five gold chests on Mars. You've probably already got the Venus mission one on your character(s), but you might not have the coin from getting the chests on Mars. Even if you do -- running ROC strikes for a few hours should easily net you a few coins from blue engrams.

w00t!

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Saturday, March 14, 2015, 07:34 (3352 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

As of last night's Crota raid I no longer need the Crux of Crota. :-)

Now all I need is the Last Word. (not counting the ps exclusive exotics)

The battle between Bungie and Megaman is the real meta-game

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, March 14, 2015, 16:43 (3351 days ago) @ iconicbanana

He's got the right name, at least. :)

Red Death is the MIDA of Pulse Rifles

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, March 14, 2015, 16:44 (3351 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Incredibly solid gun right out of the box. Perks are super useful. Really enjoying the staggering rounds with the reload speed buff from kills.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, March 14, 2015, 16:47 (3351 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Incredibly solid gun right out of the box. Perks are super useful. Really enjoying the staggering rounds with the reload speed buff from kills.

About the only thing I'm outshooting it with is Vision of Confluence, and even then only at range. Haven't brought out the Thorn yet though, need to see how that wicked flower hold up against the Russian Mortician.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, March 14, 2015, 16:56 (3351 days ago) @ iconicbanana

About the only thing I'm outshooting it with is Vision of Confluence, and even then only at range. Haven't brought out the Thorn yet though, need to see how that wicked flower hold up against the Russian Mortician.

Makes sense re: VoC, RD chews stuff up at midrange. Get dat crtical. I like partnering it with a shotgun, in case anything gets close. Enemy far away? Well, why aren't you advancing the attack, soldier? THIS IS WAR. /Patton

Thanks for the tip!

by Kahzgul, Monday, March 16, 2015, 02:07 (3350 days ago) @ Speedracer513

(off-color joke deleted so you know I mean it, thanks!)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, March 16, 2015, 03:37 (3350 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Expect people not to run from Thorn as much. If Red Death beats Thorn it's health regen perk will far more than cancel Thorn's poison.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread