Regretfully Sharded. (Destiny)

by Up North 65 @, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 17:18 (3350 days ago)

What is the number one weapon or armor piece you sharded, either on accident or on purpose and now due to buffs has become useful again?

Very first vanguard package had a super pox vlo with glass half full, perfect balance, and third eye. Got me from level 20 to 25ish then I discovered scout rifles. Damn thing would destroy now.

Slow day at the port has my mind wandering.

Regretfully Sharded.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 17:44 (3350 days ago) @ Up North 65

What is the number one weapon or armor piece you sharded, either on accident or on purpose and now due to buffs has become useful again?

Very first vanguard package had a super pox vlo with glass half full, perfect balance, and third eye. Got me from level 20 to 25ish then I discovered scout rifles. Damn thing would destroy now.

Slow day at the port has my mind wandering.

Not quite the same, but week 2 Xur was selling Gjallarhorn, and I thought to myself "Why would waste an exotic slot on a rocket launcher?" I skipped it.

oops.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 17:45 (3350 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Regretfully Sharded.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 18:52 (3350 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I said the same thing. So much regret.

I also got Ruin Wings from an engram right after Dark Below came out. I didn't have any exotic shards and needed some, plus I was Armamentarium4lyfe So I shared it. Then I saw videos of all that heavy laying around and all I had was an extra grenade. I hope Xur sells it soon.

Regretfully Sharded.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 18:27 (3350 days ago) @ Up North 65

I sharded all of my Swarm machine guns after the update. I had an arc version with a good roll that I wish I would have kept for regular crucible

Regretfully Sharded.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 19:22 (3350 days ago) @ unoudid

I did this same thing. I definitely regret sharding my Swarm.

Regretfully Sharded.

by DreadPirateWes, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 19:59 (3350 days ago) @ BeardFade

I was a dedicated swarm user. Very happy with against all odds now. Sold by crucible vendor. Little less stability, but I often get 4-5 kills with heavy ammo.

Regretfully Sharded.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 20:30 (3350 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

I've grown to enjoy my Harm's Way or Corrective Measure. I recently acquired Thunderlord, which is fantastic, and if I weren't on the 360, I would consider swapping my primary exotic for it while picking up heavy (menu load times are far too slow on the 360 to do that).

Regretfully Sharded.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 21:47 (3350 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

Hang on to the next Xerxes-C you get. It's a green uncommon, but it's great in crucible, especially if you get one with focused fire. It's the hardest hitting machine gun.

Regretfully Sharded.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, March 15, 2015, 19:46 (3350 days ago) @ Up North 65

My first Exotic Missive was Bad Juju. I sharded it not a week after I got it. Cue Obsidian Mind+Bad Juju video. ¬¬

I still blame my dog...

by Lawnmower172, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 21:28 (3350 days ago) @ Up North 65

...for the demise of my Murmur.

He nudged my left hand as I was clearing out some green weapons >:(

Stranger's Rifle. That thing is amazing in crucible now.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 22:16 (3350 days ago) @ Up North 65

- No text -

Regretfully Sharded.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 05:50 (3349 days ago) @ Up North 65

I always feel bad whenever I have to get rid of a Legendary...unless I have a copy of it already. Only time I dismantle Exotics is the actual bounties I get--which is actually pretty sad.

My one regret wasn't even a Purp. It was a damn Blue. I had this Sultan SA/5 with tracking(a Void one, at that) which I used at my leisure. But in the Vault of Glass, I got a Truth in the exotic chest. So while I was unfing and untzing all over my computer room, I knew I didn't need that "weak" Sultan any more! So I immediately got rid of it. That was a mistake.

1. I still had to upgrade my Truth first.
2. The Sultan actually had better velocity(at first).
3. Truth is an Exotic. So as long as I had it on, no more Bad Juju, no more Thorn, no more Icebreaker, no more Pocket Infinity.

I didn't even think about that, and now I have to depend on my Chance or Epilogue to get the job done in Crucible, for a rocket which would've done the same thing regardless!

I've never ever seen a tracking rocket since.

Regretfully Sharded.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 13:30 (3348 days ago) @ Morpheus

I always feel bad whenever I have to get rid of a Legendary...unless I have a copy of it already. Only time I dismantle Exotics is the actual bounties I get--which is actually pretty sad.

My one regret wasn't even a Purp. It was a damn Blue. I had this Sultan SA/5 with tracking(a Void one, at that) which I used at my leisure. But in the Vault of Glass, I got a Truth in the exotic chest. So while I was unfing and untzing all over my computer room, I knew I didn't need that "weak" Sultan any more! So I immediately got rid of it. That was a mistake.

1. I still had to upgrade my Truth first.
2. The Sultan actually had better velocity(at first).
3. Truth is an Exotic. So as long as I had it on, no more Bad Juju, no more Thorn, no more Icebreaker, no more Pocket Infinity.

I didn't even think about that, and now I have to depend on my Chance or Epilogue to get the job done in Crucible, for a rocket which would've done the same thing regardless!

I've never ever seen a tracking rocket since.

I received a tracking void Unfriendly Giant w/ Third Eye from a Vanguard package early on that I still have to this day. I still use it in the VoG to this day. I did manage to get a new Valedictorian 9-44 that's Void with Tracking and Third Eye that I will probably use instead of my trusty old Unfriendly Giant.

Regretfully Sharded.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Sunday, March 22, 2015, 04:37 (3344 days ago) @ Up North 65

This clip starts about one second after I accidentally sharded my Hunter's raid boots instead of the crappy blue boots I thought I had selected.

http://xboxclips.com/DiscipleN2k/555fbd44-8584-482d-a79b-34d43a05166a

Looks like I'll be rocking the Radiant Dance Machines for hard mode Crota for a while. We REALLY need an undo button :(

-Disciple

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread