Alright. Last crucible with Banana if you're interested. (Recruitment)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 17:23 (3336 days ago)
edited by iconicbanana, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 17:46

Dog issues resolved. Send me a message if you're interested.

Alright. Last crucible with Banana if you're interested.

by Up North 65 @, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 17:36 (3336 days ago) @ iconicbanana

How long you plan on being on?

5pm PST?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 17:46 (3336 days ago) @ Up North 65

I'm playing as long as I can take it.

5pm PST?

by Up North 65 @, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 18:04 (3336 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I can haul balls home and get on around 4 pst. Want to play one last time before the professor leaves the building.

So close.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 20:00 (3336 days ago) @ iconicbanana

On Asylum, no less

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, March 15, 2015, 20:02 (3336 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

So close.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 21:26 (3336 days ago) @ iconicbanana

That would have been an epic way to go out! Controller/Mic Drop. Exit building.

So close.

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Monday, March 16, 2015, 14:17 (3335 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Sorry I'm such a load. I'm trying to get better at crucible, I really am. PvP has never been my thing, but I've noticed a slow improvement over time. ...That game was not one of my better days.

So close.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, March 16, 2015, 14:21 (3335 days ago) @ Dagoonite

Sorry I'm such a load. I'm trying to get better at crucible, I really am. PvP has never been my thing, but I've noticed a slow improvement over time. ...That game was not one of my better days.

I notice I personally don't do as well when running with a DBO group (tho' the team as a whole usually does pretty well). I tend to do better running solo. I wonder if that's because I'm being matched up with higher 'trueskill' opponents.

So close.

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Monday, March 16, 2015, 16:48 (3335 days ago) @ dogcow

I notice I personally don't do as well when running with a DBO group (tho' the team as a whole usually does pretty well). I tend to do better running solo. I wonder if that's because I'm being matched up with higher 'trueskill' opponents.

I don't do as well in Control as a rule, but I think you might have a point there.

Still! I'm not complaining. I actually appreciate the fact that I get my ass kicked so thouroughly. Sure, I feel bad for my team, but today I did a bit of Clash and Control and found out that I'm actually kinda rocking it. Every time I play with DBO, I walk away with skills just a tiny bit more sharp. I'm hoping that eventually I'll be competent... and maybe finally get this freaking Thorn bounty beat.

It's the little things you cherish.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, March 16, 2015, 16:51 (3335 days ago) @ Dagoonite

I don't do as well in Control as a rule, but I think you might have a point there.

Still! I'm not complaining. I actually appreciate the fact that I get my ass kicked so thouroughly. Sure, I feel bad for my team, but today I did a bit of Clash and Control and found out that I'm actually kinda rocking it. Every time I play with DBO, I walk away with skills just a tiny bit more sharp. I'm hoping that eventually I'll be competent... and maybe finally get this freaking Thorn bounty beat.

I thought you had some great plays yesterday, was really glad you popped in. Saved my bacon more than once with smart heavy management.

It's the little things you cherish.

by Dagoonite, Somewhere in Iowa, lost in a cornfield., Monday, March 16, 2015, 17:32 (3335 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I thought you had some great plays yesterday, was really glad you popped in. Saved my bacon more than once with smart heavy management.

Thanks, that means a lot.

And no, just because I'm not that good at the actual combat doesn't mean that I'm not good at all. I'm a good support player. On occasion when others would be stating their intent to take one point, I'd immediately start capping another. The sacrificial lamb, so to speak. Draw attention to another location right before the main offensive on the primary objective. Is it a good tactic for my score? Hell no. Did it get us C and B? Arguably, yes.

When playing with DBO crowds, I often trail along with one or two, working to try and watch their six, draw fire, or just maintain situational awareness while they're focused elsewhere. Or, you know, act as a bullet sponge to keep the people who can reliably get kills alive.

Heck, when I fight Atheon, I'm proud to say that we never drop due to the oracles whenever I got teleported. (Unless I get stuck with the relic. Someone mentioned relic training yesterday? YES PLEASE! SIGN ME UP!) Give me a support role, and I'll do my best to rock it.

That was a blast, thanks for the great showing!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Sunday, March 15, 2015, 22:07 (3336 days ago) @ iconicbanana

See you starside.

Sad I missed it. :(

by Claude Errera @, Monday, March 16, 2015, 02:15 (3335 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Tried really hard to get the 'must do today' stuff done in time to play.

Failed.

Bleh. Glad you had fun, though!

Me too.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, March 16, 2015, 02:32 (3335 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I've had Planet Comicon all weekend and have collapsed immediately after leaving the booth each day. If it was any other weekend I would have given you a proper send-off.

Looking forward to your return!

I'll be back. Eventually.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, March 16, 2015, 03:42 (3335 days ago) @ Leviathan

[image]
Catch you next time.

Planet Comicon?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Monday, March 16, 2015, 03:58 (3335 days ago) @ Leviathan

I wish I would have known you would be there. My gf and I were talking about making the trip but had to cancel at the last minute,

Next Time. You're Good At Control!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, March 16, 2015, 02:42 (3335 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread