GDC Assets

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, March 28, 2013, 16:58 (4057 days ago)
edited by Xenos, Thursday, March 28, 2013, 17:19

Bungie posted the Character Development video from the GDC panel and added more concept art to the wallpaper section. See the post HERE!

The wallpaper link doesn't work in the Bungie post, but you can find them here.

GDC Assets

by kapowaz, Thursday, March 28, 2013, 17:17 (4057 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm not sure if this is just a bug in their mobile site, but the wallpaper link in that article goes here: http://firehose01/en-us/Destiny#page=media (which obviously doesn't work).

GDC Assets

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, March 28, 2013, 17:18 (4057 days ago) @ kapowaz

I had the same problem, I am going to add the real link to the post.

GDC Assets

by kapowaz, Thursday, March 28, 2013, 17:27 (4057 days ago) @ Xenos

I had the same problem, I am going to add the real link to the post.

Great, thanks! But jesus, Bungie's mobile site is frustrating to use; ‘I see you tried to zoom into that image there! Let me resize it down to what it was before you zoomed.’

Gah. I'll check them on my computer in the morning.

GDC Assets

by DeeJ ⌂, Bungie, Thursday, March 28, 2013, 17:48 (4057 days ago) @ kapowaz

Fixed. Sorry for the hassle.

http://www.bungie.net/en-us/Destiny#page=media

Hope you enjoyed the show.

GDC Assets

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Saturday, March 30, 2013, 06:45 (4056 days ago) @ DeeJ

Hope you enjoyed the show.

Rest assured, I nearly died from glee. :)

Will the PowerPoint be posted online eventually?

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Thursday, March 28, 2013, 17:20 (4057 days ago) @ Xenos

Never got a chance to take a look at it, so I'd appreciate it if it was posted online like the other publications they posted online.

Will the PowerPoint be posted online eventually?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, March 28, 2013, 17:41 (4057 days ago) @ UnrealCh13f

Never got a chance to take a look at it, so I'd appreciate it if it was posted online like the other publications they posted online.

I'm not sure if the powerpoint will be posted online, but it looks like you can rewatch the panel here.

Thank You for link

by scarab @, Thursday, March 28, 2013, 17:22 (4057 days ago) @ Xenos
edited by scarab, Thursday, March 28, 2013, 17:41

The art style is lovely.

Me being me, I have some nit picks.

4 armed guys aren't using their lower set. Perhaps have them hold knives that point down, they can strike upwards, across their body to slash at you. Maybe they could hold tomahawks with the ax heads down and pointing forwards. Or sais. Or maybe hold two handed, reversed, bat'leths - not as fancy just convex instead of concave - held by two hands on the same side of the body or perhaps a two handled shield.

Or they could hold something like a Jai Alai Cesta and that could be what they use as/instead-of a grenade launcher. If you have one as well then you have a game mechanic where you could catch and return a grenade. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfByJcWY4r4

The heavies were not as good in-game as the concept art suggests they should be. Too much Brute style undergarment padding instead of armor? Not enough polygons in the budget? Or is padding more expensive than armor?

Double Dutch

by scarab @, Thursday, March 28, 2013, 17:26 (4057 days ago) @ scarab

Can they skip with two skipping ropes?

Or will that melt the animators' minds?

Correct gallery link.

by ncsuDuncan @, Thursday, March 28, 2013, 17:28 (4057 days ago) @ Xenos

Just saw this thread. Here's the correct link: http://www.bungie.net/en-us/Destiny#page=media

GDC Assets

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, March 28, 2013, 17:35 (4057 days ago) @ Xenos

I'm really hoping they post the Grognok video also.

They supply my wallpaper addiction yet again

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Thursday, March 28, 2013, 18:54 (4057 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

GDC Assets

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, March 28, 2013, 19:11 (4057 days ago) @ Xenos

I love the midieval knight look of the Titan. So cool.

GDC Assets

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Saturday, March 30, 2013, 06:43 (4056 days ago) @ bluerunner

I love the midieval knight look of the Titan. So cool.

I thought for a long time that Titan would be my go-to class. But I must say, the Warlocks are starting to look really, really awesome. Space wizards in dusters with guns? HELL YES.

GDC Assets

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, March 29, 2013, 04:58 (4057 days ago) @ Xenos

The drool. So much drool. Literal audible SQUEE when I saw the Roadside Picnic cover in the presentation.

Mind on fire.

~M

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread