Do I Hulk smash my router or 360? (Off-Topic)

by Lawnmower172, Tuesday, March 17, 2015, 23:28 (3345 days ago)

So,, for the last week, I've been having problems signing on to XBL. I go to the test connection page and get 'unplug and reset modem...blah blah blah'. So I do that. Then I get 'poopy port forwarding BS' fault. So I reset 360 to factory settings on network.

Worked usually until today.

Today I had to learn a new trick: port forwarding. Keeping in mind that I type with two fingers, this took a while. So, forwarding complete, I retest XBL, and good to go! Unfortunately, North has finished for the morning, and I don't have time to run nightfall solo. So, 360 power down.

Tonight, fire the bitch up to watch Netflix. Cannot log into XBL end up having to undo port forwarding.

WTF? Now I'm on XBL without port forwarding?

Is my 360 dying on me? I replaced the network cable, but that didn't help. Is my router (ASUS RT-AC68R) pooping out on me?

I really want to Hulk smash one of the two right now....

That sounds so much like my bad days of network...

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 01:10 (3344 days ago) @ Lawnmower172

Sometimes, I have a day exactly like that. Nothing works. At all. I set up DMZ, I isolate the Xbox, I port-forward, I trust the UPnP, I unplug-count-to-10-plug-back-in every. single. thing. Nothing works.

Then, after rage-quitting and only gaming on my PC for almost a week, it decides to work flawlessly, as if nothing had ever happened.

Network, man. Fucking network.

Like that World Cup Semifinal!

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 01:12 (3344 days ago) @ ZackDark

Too soon?

That will always have happened

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 01:17 (3344 days ago) @ iconicbanana

That single game defused civil war, I tell you.

Whoooooa....

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, March 18, 2015, 01:20 (3344 days ago) @ ZackDark

That single game defused civil war, I tell you.

That's...actually true. Goddamn.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread