Life is Strange Episode 2 is out (Off-Topic)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 18:55 (3337 days ago)

Let's see just how much our choices actually end up mattering going forward… I want to find out the consequences of watering that plant!

:-p

That's what I'm playing right now. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 18:59 (3337 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I loved episode 1...with one annoying problem.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 19:05 (3337 days ago) @ Cody Miller

As a photography geek, I really liked some of the stuff there...but one of the first questions asked to you is a photography question, and she didn't know the answer! I knew the answer, everyone knows the answer! Why couldn't I pick the right answer?!

Heh.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 19:10 (3337 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Dang, that was fun... and scary... and chilling.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 01:18 (3337 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No spoilers here. Later.

But wow, that was good! Significantly longer than the first episode. It had some genuine fun in exploring Max's time control powers. It had more drama. Scratch that, much more drama and some legitimately tense moments. Like so much more drama and so much tension that they included a link to a crisis support page on their website in the scroll after the episode ended! There were a couple of really hard decision points where I just had to choose and hope for the best in future episodes. And, there was at least one point where I both wished I'd made a different major decision in the past and where a few minutes later I was completely unsure what tragedy making that other decision might have caused...

There was a ton of good stuff, but most of all I like it because it seems clear that DONTNOD isn't afraid to tell a powerful, scary, chilling story. I can't wait to see where it goes next!

Huge Spoilers

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 21:18 (3336 days ago) @ Ragashingo

So did you save Kate?

I didn't. She's dead.

Huge Spoilers

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 21:57 (3336 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So did you save Kate?

I didn't. She's dead.

Heh. Like you even need ask. Of course I saved her. :)

Huge Spoilers

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, March 26, 2015, 15:55 (3335 days ago) @ Ragashingo

So did you save Kate?

I didn't. She's dead.

Heh. Like you even need ask. Of course I saved her. :)

Do you know why that part was my favorite? You didn't have your powers. You had to think and choose what to say very carefully. That created… TENSION. If you could just rewind time that's ruined.

This episode had a bit too many gamey elements for me. That bottle hunt sucked. Took me forever to find the bonfire.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread