Tuesday XBone Raid 3/31 (Fireteam Builder Events)

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 13:19 (3314 days ago)

It looks like we'll have a great turnout for tonight - enough for two complete teams. Beorn volunteered to lead the second team; I'll reach out before we start and folks should look for a party invite from one of us.

With this many people, I figured we should have a thread - some place to poke fun at funkmon's internet connection, watch Disciple's videos, or talk trash if we want to race the parties. :)

If we split up by clan (tags in gray would be clan guests), it starts to look like this:

Team Rampancy:

• jchapman
  • ChrisTheeCrappy
  • funkmon
  • ProbablyLast
  • Narcogen
  • Warbow

Team DestinyBungieOrg:

• Beorn
  • HigherLifestyle
  • DiscipleN2k
  • Zero Point Fox
  • Red robber
  • dusk450

Any thoughts?

Tuesday XBone Raid 3/31

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 14:51 (3314 days ago) @ Chappy

I think this is a good idea, as I bet some of us don't have that achievement.

Also I hate funkmon's phone. It's internets suck.

I think we should all be in 1 party so we can trash talk about how much better we are then the other group. Or laugh when funkmon lags out and we have to wait for him

Tuesday XBone Raid 3/31

by Warbow, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 15:34 (3314 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

I lagged out at least 3 times last night. Once right before the Ogres after the bridge and another time just before Ir Yût got killed. So missed both rewards. I did get Black Hammer for Crota, so not all bad.

With me and Funkmon this should be lagtastic.

Team lag! WOOOOOOOOOOOO

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 16:00 (3314 days ago) @ Warbow

I didn't disconnect once during the like 5 hour flawless raider attempt. Just saying.

I don't know if my connection can handle 12 audio streams.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 16:02 (3314 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy
edited by Funkmon, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 16:06

Also, we'll probably do Crota at the same time and that will cause talking confusion.

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 16:21 (3314 days ago) @ Funkmon

Also, we'll probably do Crota at the same time and that will cause talking confusion.

Very true, plus parties are limited to 8 people anyway. I think for the bandwidth-challenged group, we'll stay in a party but use fireteam chat; that seemed to work well last week without disruption.

I'll keep smartglass open to stay it touch with Beorn via message. We can coordinate when the race starts :).

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 16:24 (3314 days ago) @ Funkmon

Yeah, but when has confusion ever made your experience less enjoyable?

I bet with dedicated part chat server it could!!

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 18:50 (3314 days ago) @ Funkmon

If anyone in the party is in the preview program, then your whole party will switch over to using the new dedicated party chat servers, so you might actually have a phenomenal time! :)

Tuesday XBone Raid 3/31

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 15:37 (3314 days ago) @ Chappy

I just signed up, but if I'm the odd man out that's no problem. I didn't know if I would be able to make it until the last minute and I'm not in super need of anything.

Join and let's get a 3rd group!!

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 15:50 (3314 days ago) @ bluerunner

I don't mind running only 1. I am at my lull of Destiny now, so it's more to play just for fun with you guys and my physical life friends. If we don't get a third group, you can take my second run.

Higher's out by 8:30 anyway, so you'll get in at least one.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 16:05 (3314 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Tuesday XBone Raid 3/31

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 16:23 (3314 days ago) @ Chappy

I'm fine with whatever the group decides, but agree that all 12 of us in a party will definitely lag out someone. I usually lose chat sound once a week with just 6 of us.

Tuesday XBone Raid 3/31

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 17:36 (3314 days ago) @ Chappy

If co-op night is keeping this kind of thing from happening, I'll cancel it for good.

Tuesday XBone Raid 3/31

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 17:39 (3314 days ago) @ Kermit

I don't know if it is. I generally will jump into Co-Op night after (haven't lately I know), so I think because of the timing difference it's OK. I personally won't run any other activity before I run the Nightfall, because the bonus is so high. But the Raids don't use that bonus so I don't mind running them before Nightfall.

It's a good question though. What is everyone else's opinions? We could always try tweaking times.

We have 15 dudes. We could run three five man raids.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 18:01 (3314 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

Five 3-man teams.

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 18:16 (3314 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

15 solo runs.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 18:21 (3314 days ago) @ ProbablyLast

Now that would be a race.

Make that 16 solo runs

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 21:14 (3314 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Tuesday XBone Raid 3/31

by Warbow, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 20:53 (3314 days ago) @ Chappy

I may be about 5 minutes late. Don't give up my spot, please.

Who's going to lead group 3?

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 21:10 (3314 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

I can

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 21:15 (3314 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

*TEAM LIST* Three Teams...

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 21:26 (3314 days ago) @ unoudid

So here's the breakdown:

Team Rampancy:
Party Leader - jchapman
funkmon
ChrisTheeCrappy
ProbablyLast
Narcogen
Warbow

Team DestinyBungieOrg:
Party Leader - Beorn
Finwe of noldor
HigherLifestyle
DiscipleN2k
Red robber
dusk450

Team Happy:
Party Leader - unoudid
Zero Point Fox
bluerunner
squidNH3
DreadPirateWes

We'll be sending invites momentarily...

Team B: 22:42!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 22:32 (3314 days ago) @ Chappy

Video is rendering…

Team B: Liars!

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 22:36 (3314 days ago) @ Beorn

Video is rendering…

Are you sure you didn't kill Sardok instead?

Wait, isn't that what we were supposed to do? ;-)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, March 31, 2015, 22:45 (3314 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Race Results

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 00:20 (3314 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by Chappy, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 00:32

Well, done, everyone! Three simultaneous raid speed runs, all in less than 30 minutes. I hope everyone had fun and lucked into some loot. Now for the results -

First goes to Team DBO - 22:42!:

• Beorn
  • Finwe of noldor
  • HigherLifestyle
  • DiscipleN2k
  • Red robber
  • Dusk450

Second place goes to the Unoudid's team ~26:30 minutes:

• Unoudid
  • Zero Point Fox
  • Bluerunner
  • SquidNH3
  • DreadPirateWes
  • BlazeRunner1084

Third place went to Team Rampancy ~28:00 minutes:

• jchapman
  • funkmon
  • ChrisTheeCrappy
  • ProbablyLast
  • Narcogen
  • Warbow

My apologies for the chaotic start (and if I got any of the team members above incorrect), and a big thank you to Beorn and Unoudid to helping organize the teams.

Race Results

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 00:37 (3314 days ago) @ Chappy

My apologies for the chaotic start (and if I got any of the team members above incorrect), and a big thank you to Beorn and Unoudid to helping organize the teams.

Cool. Normal mode Crota, right? Was there cheese or death to save time in any of these? For instance, wiping instead of clearing out all the Knights after the death singer?

Race Results

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 00:44 (3314 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Cool. Normal mode Crota, right? Was there cheese or death to save time in any of these? For instance, wiping instead of clearing out all the Knights after the death singer?

Yep, Normal Crota. No cheese on team Rampancy, but we considered it :) We started the race (and the clock) from the initial start of the abyss (after dropping down and collecting the first chest)

No cheese for Team DBO

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 00:52 (3314 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

Race Results

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 11:10 (3313 days ago) @ Cody Miller

We even left no man behind in the abyss as we always do. Didn't slow us down at all though.

Race Results

by Earendil, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 15:17 (3313 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

We even left no man behind in the abyss as we always do. Didn't slow us down at all though.

Same for team DBO. And we got everyone across the bridge, and never saw the oversoul. I was sort of expecting more drama and chaos but instead it was a rather boring raid event wise :)
The race was what made it awesome. As soon as we were done it was like being in the Olympics* and waiting for the judges to give us our score :)

*I've never been in the olympics. The feeling may or may not be at all like finishing a destiny raid on normal.

Yea my bad...... :(

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 11:10 (3313 days ago) @ Chappy

I tried to get 3 downs in to kill Crota quickly on the first sword. I failed miserably and died before I hit him on the first down....

My Perspective [VID]

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 01:34 (3314 days ago) @ Beorn

Eventually I'll get the hang of this streaming thing. I forgot to check the "Enable microphone" box this time. So instead of only hearing me like the first vid, this time you get to hear everyone but me. Not that I talk all that much anyway.

Aaah, I can hear myself!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 01:56 (3314 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

What black magics hath you wraught?! ;-)

My Perspective [VID]

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 02:05 (3314 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Thanks for posting that, Disciple; pretty smooth run! The last minute or so was cut off; did you manage to down Crota in a single sword or two?

Doh!

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 07:24 (3313 days ago) @ Chappy

Thanks for posting that, Disciple; pretty smooth run! The last minute or so was cut off; did you manage to down Crota in a single sword or two?

I forgot to change the cutoff time when creating the highlight on Twitch. The full video is uploading now. We got 'er done in two swords.

-Disciple

My Perspective *Duh-rector's Cut* [VID]

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 11:37 (3313 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Now with nearly four minutes of additional footage and an entirely new ending!

*VIDEO* (aka, 5 Ogres at the Bridge?!)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 01:54 (3314 days ago) @ Beorn

Here's our crazy fast (no-cheese!) run. Had a little hitch at the beginning when "Xbox, Leave" didn't trigger, leaving me to juggle with the party system. :)

*VIDEO* (aka, 5 Ogres at the Bridge?!)

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 02:08 (3314 days ago) @ Beorn

Here's our crazy fast (no-cheese!) run. Had a little hitch at the beginning when "Xbox, Leave" didn't trigger, leaving me to juggle with the party system. :)

Hah - I had the exact same problem on my end and ended up dying too. No man left behind on Tuesday raids, though!
Next time I think a message will work better instead of trying to juggle chats.

Hmmm...

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 13:17 (3313 days ago) @ Beorn

You know, it didn't dawn on me until I watched your video, but if we were going for pure speed, I probably shouldn't have made it into the 2nd chest room :p

-Disciple

Hmmm...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 13:25 (3313 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

You know, it didn't dawn on me until I watched your video, but if we were going for pure speed, I probably shouldn't have made it into the 2nd chest room :p

This is true. I like that we still got the chest, though. :)

Hmmm...

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 15:06 (3313 days ago) @ Beorn

Yea we did as well. it just felt right.

I'll pull a CougRon here: GOT THE GYLLENHAAL! AWW YEAH!

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 00:13 (3314 days ago) @ Chappy

- No text -

+1

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 00:48 (3314 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Thanks Everyone!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, April 01, 2015, 02:39 (3314 days ago) @ Chappy

Also, thanks for sticking around for a second run! I promise I'll never try to run sword again :) (second time is apparently is not a charm)

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread