HOUSE OF WOLVES MAY 19 (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Monday, April 13, 2015, 13:43 (3302 days ago)
edited by petetheduck, Monday, April 13, 2015, 13:46

Polygon

Edit: Expect trailer 1PM EST

HOUSE OF WOLVES MAY 19

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Monday, April 13, 2015, 13:56 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

So that's the exact date those leaks peaked right? Still sad I have wait a full month.

HOUSE OF WOLVES MAY 19

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:04 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

I'm really interested in finding out how vendor and raid armor levels are going to work. They said they don't want to negate raid armor with higher level vendor armor right off the bat, so what does that mean for HoW armor?

HOUSE OF WOLVES MAY 19

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:20 (3302 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm curious about this as well. I'd like to imagine a world where there's no level increase for HoW content, but I doubt that's actually the case. So either there's some sort of light upgrade mechanic available, or Bungie's imagining that the Dark Below raid armor perks are so useful for the Crota's End raid that people will keep it for that.

HOUSE OF WOLVES MAY 19

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:33 (3302 days ago) @ stabbim

I'm curious about this as well. I'd like to imagine a world where there's no level increase for HoW content, but I doubt that's actually the case. So either there's some sort of light upgrade mechanic available, or Bungie's imagining that the Dark Below raid armor perks are so useful for the Crota's End raid that people will keep it for that.

Speaking for myself, I can't wait to ditch the Crota armor--I hate the way it looks. With Deathsinger's Mantle especially, my warlock looks like a goth Liberace.*

*not that there's anything wrong with that.

HOUSE OF WOLVES MAY 19

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:36 (3302 days ago) @ Kermit

I agree with Kerm. The VoG is much better looking. Good thing I've been vaulting mine, but I've never ranked them up since I didn't start raiding until after TDB came out. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and start or wait to see if they're upgrade-able but also reset like exotics.

HOUSE OF WOLVES MAY 19

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:53 (3302 days ago) @ Kermit

Ditto that, I need some better gauntlets. I don't particularly like the way the crota armor looks and I really don't like that it doesn't fully obey the shader you have equipped.

HOUSE OF WOLVES MAY 19

by Velociraptor112, Places., Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:35 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

HM. I really hope Bungie learned some lessons from TDB. I really don't want to re-level all my Exotics again. Otherwise, hoping there's something there storywise.

Half hour until we know things!

HOUSE OF WOLVES MAY 19

by HigherLifestyle, Monday, April 13, 2015, 14:54 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

Too early to schedule a raid for May 19th at 7:30 EDT?

Preemptive RSVP Added *Edit*

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:25 (3302 days ago) @ HigherLifestyle
edited by DiscipleN2k, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:29

I'll be stockpiling daily event packages, and Vaguard and Crucible marks until May. Hopefully I'll be dumping that into new raid armor instead of putting it into new vendor armor just to run the raid.

-Disciple

*Edit*

What the what?!?! I am disappoint.

Ditto. I have 16 saved up already.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:27 (3302 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

- No text -

!!!!!! TRAILER IS LIVE !!!!!!

by petetheduck, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:01 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

!!!!!! TRAILER IS LIVE !!!!!!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:06 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

If that's not a tease for a snowy planet/zone, I will be very disappointed. Because there wasn't much else in there.

Beyond the Wall

by DreadPirateWes, Monday, April 13, 2015, 19:35 (3302 days ago) @ CyberKN

If you cut a handful of frames (showing guns) there'd be very little indication that it was a trailer for HoW and not Game of Thrones. That could be John Snow at the end... am I the only one thinking this?

Beyond the Wall

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 13, 2015, 20:08 (3302 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

If you cut a handful of frames (showing guns) there'd be very little indication that it was a trailer for HoW and not Game of Thrones. That could be John Snow at the end... am I the only one thinking this?

Watching last night's episode made me realize just how much Bungie squandered the talents of a fantastic actor.

:-(

how awesome would weather effects in game be?

by Durandal, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:06 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

Not that all that wonderful snow in the trailer confirms anything.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:13 (3302 days ago) @ Durandal

They've had rain since Reach.

by Funkmon @, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:17 (3302 days ago) @ Kermit

Interesting... the weather patterns here seem natural, not artificial. I wonder if the ring's environment systems are malfunctioning... or if the designers wanted the installation to have inclement weather.

Heh.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:20 (3302 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:27 (3302 days ago) @ Funkmon

inclement weather

I am ashamed that I never connected this quote to the armour effect in Halo Reach until just now.

Woah.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 10:17 (3301 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

Somehow I didn't make the connection either. Seems so obvious now.

Drizzle.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Monday, April 13, 2015, 23:18 (3302 days ago) @ Kermit

They've had drizzle since ODST. Rain, never.

Several shooters do much better rain. GoW, for instance, for whatever all its other flaws and shortcomings might be, had good looking rain.

ODST cheated heavily

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 00:28 (3301 days ago) @ narcogen

Reach, less so. I agree with you, though, GoW had amazing atmosphere.

ODST cheated heavily

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 02:09 (3301 days ago) @ ZackDark

I thought Gears did a lot of things right, TBH. It's one of the most cohesive and well-done game series I've played, and consistently so. It's a bit of an over-the-top brofest, but it knows that, and has fun with it.

ODST cheated heavily

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:06 (3301 days ago) @ stabbim

I thought Gears did a lot of things right, TBH. It's one of the most cohesive and well-done game series I've played, and consistently so. It's a bit of an over-the-top brofest, but it knows that, and has fun with it.

Agreed. I'm a fan. If anyone wants to play through Judgment co-op, I'm willing.

ODST cheated heavily

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:12 (3301 days ago) @ Kermit

I might want to take you up on that, since I downloaded it when it was free.

ODST cheated heavily

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:24 (3301 days ago) @ narcogen

I might want to take you up on that, since I downloaded it when it was free.

Me, too. That would be great!

EDIT: Unlike Halo, I never minded playing co-op through Gears on my first playthrough in part because I wasn't as heavily invested in the story.

ODST cheated heavily

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 22:28 (3301 days ago) @ Kermit

Gears' design also does a good job accounting for co-op. It's been a LONG time, but if I remember correctly, Gears 1 had two-player co-op, and had you play separate characters. At times you'd even get split up and take separate routes, where one of you would be able to cover the other, or assist their progress in some way. It was pretty cool for a AAA shooter at the time.

See, there's one of the things that Gears did right. :)

Drizzle.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 01:13 (3301 days ago) @ narcogen

Several shooters do much better rain. GoW, for instance, for whatever all its other flaws and shortcomings might be, had good looking rain.

I remember the 360 being new and me being really impressed by how rain would fall, but not inside or below buildings and objects... It was like... real rain for the first time! And there were streams off of gutters, etc. One of those few times where I was mesmerized by an advancement of graphics in the last decade.

Never played Jedi Knight II?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 01:44 (3301 days ago) @ Leviathan

I vaguely remember some odd level on a planet with green acid rain that would kill you if you stood outside but you were safe under walkways and bridges and inside... unless you played on an Intel Mac or something and then the byte order flip meant that it rained inside the safe areas and not in the dangerous ones making the level unplayable.

Drizzle.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 11:33 (3301 days ago) @ narcogen

Guess it depends on your definition of drizzle. ODST had drizzle IMHO. It did a great job of creating the illusion of drizzle with sound anyway. I remember they specifically talked about how they wanted rain but the engine couldn't handle the particle effects.

I think the last area of the Pillar of Autumn had what I would call rain and that Venus has rain.

Drizzle.

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:35 (3301 days ago) @ narcogen
edited by uberfoop, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:38

ODST's rain effect is basically the same as Halo 3's. And Halo 3 is certainly not the series' first outing with rain.

For instance, The Great Journey in Halo 2 I think qualifies as a moderate violation of your "rain, never" comment.

I also think you need to take a good look at Reach. The game really cranks up the downpour sometimes (check out parts of Winter Contingency!), and it's using an enormous amount of falling particles with vertex-based motion blur to create much of the streaking, and said particles actually turn into splash decals that even feature normal-mapped rippling when they hit the wet ground. It's absolutely nuts, looks amazing, and even holds up well if you slow-mo it in theater.

Drizzle.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:39 (3301 days ago) @ uberfoop

ODST's rain effect is basically the same as Halo 3's. And Halo 3 is certainly not the series' first outing with rain.

For instance, The Great Journey in Halo 2 I think qualifies as a moderate violation of your "rain, never" comment.

I also think you need to take a good look at Reach. The game really cranks up the downpour sometimes (check out parts of Winter Contingency!), and it's using an enormous amount of falling particles with vertex-based motion blur to create much of the streaking, and said particles actually turn into splash decals that even feature normal-mapped rippling when they hit the wet ground. It's absolutely nuts, looks amazing, and even holds up well if you slow-mo it in theater.

I believe everything he just said cause he used a lot of fancy words.

Ooooo, is that a Peugot?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:43 (3301 days ago) @ uberfoop

- No text -

Ooooo, is that a Peugot?

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:45 (3301 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I only just realized that what I said sounded like it was dripping with sarcasm :-)

Whoops. I actually agree, Halo Reach had some awesome weather effects.

Ooooo, is that a Peugot? <-lol fail.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 13:13 (3301 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV
edited by iconicbanana, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 13:19

I only just realized that what I said sounded like it was dripping with sarcasm :-)

Oh you're good bro. I was actually referring to uberfoop's bicycle avatar. Also it's spelled Peugeot. Fail.

Uberfoop, what brand of bike is that?

Ooooo, is that a Peugot?

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 13:20 (3301 days ago) @ iconicbanana

1978 Fuji America. Was my grandfather's, he gave it to me a couple months ago.

*long, slow Macphisto whistle*

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 13:21 (3301 days ago) @ uberfoop

1978 Fuji America. Was my grandfather's, he gave it to me a couple months ago.

It is so choice. Thumbs up.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 13:20 (3301 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Oh you're good bro. I was actually referring to uberfoop's bicycle avatar. Also it's spelled Peugeot. Fail.

Uberfoop, what brand of bike is that?

Yeah, well I saw "peugot" and my brain totally read poignant, so you are alllll good.

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 17:49 (3301 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Yeah, well I saw "peugot" and my brain totally read poignant, so you are alllll good.

I once totaled a Peugeot. "Poignant" is definitely not an adjective I'd use.

Doesn't it rain on Venus?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:43 (3302 days ago) @ Durandal

- No text -

Only if you look up.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:47 (3302 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 03:45 (3301 days ago) @ Durandal

They actually had really awesome random weather during the Alpha, I never really see it in the final game. I remember playing a game on Rusted Lands with so much snow that it actually impeded your view.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 03:53 (3301 days ago) @ Xenos

They actually had really awesome random weather during the Alpha, I never really see it in the final game. I remember playing a game on Rusted Lands with so much snow that it actually impeded your view.

Alpha was PS4 only. Probably didn't run so well on the PS3.

Confirmed: queen is still hot.

by Funkmon @, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:14 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

Final mission: me and her are going to get married, have a thousand babies and we'll never die.

Confirmed: queen is still hot.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:40 (3302 days ago) @ Funkmon

Final mission: me and her are going to get married, have a thousand babies and we'll never die.

I hope you aren't an Exo. They are war machines, not love machines!

Can humans breed w/ Awoken?

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:41 (3302 days ago) @ Cody Miller

If so, good thing my hunter is also a human and a playa.

I think Warbow knows.

by Funkmon @, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:59 (3302 days ago) @ red robber

- No text -

no.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 13, 2015, 16:38 (3302 days ago) @ red robber

This is why my guardians have adopted an exo.

I saw that robot adoption movie, Kermit. It won't go well.

by Funkmon @, Monday, April 13, 2015, 16:49 (3302 days ago) @ Kermit

On that note, I have had about a dozen different conversations about breeding guardians. Obviously, your weird family is one, but Blackstar, Narc, ProbablyLast, Warbow, Chris, CougRon, and Furhman also have their own weird thoughts.

Most seem to be obsessed with exo having boobs obviously meaning they are sex bots.

I saw that robot adoption movie, Kermit. It won't go well.

by Earendil, Monday, April 13, 2015, 18:02 (3302 days ago) @ Funkmon

Most seem to be obsessed with exo having boobs obviously meaning they are sex bots.

Which is interesting because boobs have nothing biologically to do with sex. If anything it means they can provide for a baby, but more likely an exo that would like to be identified as a female would adopt some of the primary female attributes (they have hips too) even if they serve no practical purpose beyond identification.

I suppose you can add me to the list of people with theories :)

Relevant

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, April 13, 2015, 21:55 (3302 days ago) @ Funkmon

[image]

You underestimate the power of my robot dance

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:50 (3302 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Why not both?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:51 (3302 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Confirmed: Funkmon is a love machine.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:53 (3302 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Is it wrong that I didn't like it?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:32 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

For whatever reason the trailer felt a lot like those ads I'd see for War of Worldcraft: Warlads of Dumbledore. It was pretty and I liked the throwback to the original piece of Destiny concept art, but it didn't seem to tell much of anything. Or maybe it was a fine trailer for those of us who already know Destiny... but, also, I know Destiny... so I'm dreading another three short missions and a strike with very little story meat to hold it all together. :(

I don't know. I suppose I'll wait on further details.

I feel the same way.

by Funkmon @, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:33 (3302 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Is it wrong that I didn't like it?

by petetheduck, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:39 (3302 days ago) @ Ragashingo

For whatever reason the trailer felt a lot like those ads I'd see for War of Worldcraft: Warlads of Dumbledore. It was pretty and I liked the throwback to the original piece of Destiny concept art, but it didn't seem to tell much of anything. Or maybe it was a fine trailer for those of us who already know Destiny... but, also, I know Destiny... so I'm dreading another three short missions and a strike with very little story meat to hold it all together. :(

I don't know. I suppose I'll wait on further details.

This was really more like an announcement/teaser. The real meaty stuff will come later.

Bungie is determined to very slowly satisfy our big grunty thirst.

Agreed, pretty but I know better. Maybe we'll be surprised?

by yakaman, Monday, April 13, 2015, 19:18 (3302 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Nope

by Avateur @, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 01:51 (3301 days ago) @ Ragashingo

A trailer pretending to have a plot or narrative in a game where basically neither exist. And no gameplay shown at all. Failtastic trailer I'd say.

Nope

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 02:53 (3301 days ago) @ Avateur

Gameplay will come. We've been promised live ( reveals of the new features, that we can surely watch later if we want/need to, so that's not a point against the trailer. The story stuff is valid though.

Getting a massive Daedric Prince vibe from the Queen.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, April 13, 2015, 22:01 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

Merida, or Boethia, I'd reckon? Me like.

Getting a massive Daedric Prince vibe from the Queen.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, April 13, 2015, 23:18 (3302 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Meridia. She's going to have to get a lot more outright evil before she's Boethia.

TEASER SITE

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:09 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

http://www.destinythegame.com/expansions/expansion-two

Looks like we'll be getting staggered "reveals" of some description.

No Raid

by petetheduck, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:12 (3302 days ago) @ CyberKN

"Expand your Destiny adventure with a wealth of weapons, armor, and gear to earn in new story missions, three new competitive multiplayer maps, and a new cooperative Strike. Expansion II introduces a new competitive elimination mode in the Crucible and an all-new arena activity – The Prison of Elders. The Reef is open. Join the Awoken and hunt down the Fallen rising against us."

Edited into list format:

- wealth of weapons, armor, and gear
- new story missions
- three new competitive multiplayer maps
- new cooperative Strike
- new competitive elimination mode in the Crucible
- an all-new arena activity – The Prison of Elders (sounds like a Firefight activity in place of a Raid)
- The Reef is open (reading this as social space)

I hope the wealth is an actual wealth.

by Funkmon @, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:18 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

- No text -

"new competitive elimination mode in the Crucible"

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:20 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

"Expand your Destiny adventure with a wealth of weapons, armor, and gear to earn in new story missions, three new competitive multiplayer maps, and a new cooperative Strike. Expansion II introduces a new competitive elimination mode in the Crucible and an all-new arena activity – The Prison of Elders. The Reef is open. Join the Awoken and hunt down the Fallen rising against us."

Edited into list format:

- wealth of weapons, armor, and gear
- new story missions
- three new competitive multiplayer maps
- new cooperative Strike
- new competitive elimination mode in the Crucible
- an all-new arena activity – The Prison of Elders (sounds like a Firefight activity in place of a Raid)
- The Reef is open (reading this as social space)

Looks like we might finally get the trials.

No Raid

by HigherLifestyle, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:21 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

No raid!? No fun! I've waited my whole life for the raids!

No Raid

by petetheduck, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:36 (3302 days ago) @ HigherLifestyle

No raid!? No fun! I've waited my whole life for the raids!

Raids are fantastic, but they don't have a lot of longevity. This "Arena" might ultimately have a longer lifespan for players. I'm still bummed at the concept of no new Raid, but very interested to find out what Bungie is up to.

+1

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:37 (3302 days ago) @ HigherLifestyle

How can it not have a raid? The raid has been the thing that has really made Destiny. Perhaps it isn't mentioned because its on a delay. A level 34 raid might need some time for folks to get re-leveled up for.

Good point.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:39 (3302 days ago) @ red robber

They might want to avoid the backlash that could happen if they try to sell the DLC using the raid as bullet-point, then have it time-locked.

+1

by HigherLifestyle, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:40 (3302 days ago) @ red robber

I agree, the raid (and weekly strikes) is/are the only reason I continue to play destiny on a weekly basis. I'm bummed out there's no new raid here.

The original leaked image called it a raid.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, April 13, 2015, 16:53 (3302 days ago) @ HigherLifestyle

But it also said it was level 29, so take it for what it is.

[image]

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Monday, April 13, 2015, 17:11 (3302 days ago) @ iconicbanana

[image]

A Raid but with skull modifiers?! Could you imagine?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, April 13, 2015, 17:16 (3302 days ago) @ JDQuackers

[image]

The Abyss with Lightswitch and Arc burn.

Nope.jpg

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, April 13, 2015, 17:19 (3302 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

The Abyss with Lightswitch and Arc burn.

Nope.jpg

As long as it works both ways, I think it would make it easier!

Fatebringer? More like death bringer.

There are some sweet arc primary weapons, plus something like Thunderlord, or Song of Ir Yut?

Dem thrall ded, Son. D.E.D DED.

by petetheduck, Monday, April 13, 2015, 17:22 (3302 days ago) @ Revenant1988

There are some sweet arc primary weapons, plus something like Thunderlord, or Song of Ir Yut?

Or the Necrochasm?

Just kidding it would still suck.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 13, 2015, 18:04 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

Or the Necrochasm?

Just kidding it would still suck.

Confirmed. Tried it on Arc Burn Omnigul, and Fatebringer / Fang was still waaaaay better.

A "The Gamers" reference by chance?

by Earendil, Monday, April 13, 2015, 18:06 (3302 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Monday, April 13, 2015, 18:28 (3302 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I think this would be an excellent way to keep the older raids relevant. Imagine you could get a 365 Fatebringer by running a level 34 Vault of Glass (Hard) with the Epic skull.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, April 13, 2015, 18:39 (3302 days ago) @ Chappy

I think this would be an excellent way to keep the older raids relevant. Imagine you could get a 365 Fatebringer by running a level 34 Vault of Glass (Hard) with the Epic skull.

If beating it guaranteed one? At least then I could have a chance.

Bluerunner cannot haz Fatebringer.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, April 13, 2015, 18:49 (3302 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 11:59 (3301 days ago) @ Chappy

Replaying on higher difficulties? Yes. Skull modifiers? Yes. Making that the only way you get up-leveled OG-Legendaries? NO. That's not an "upgrade path", that's "play again and hope you get it ... again".

No Raid

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:38 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

Firefight is a poor replacement for a raid. I hope this is wrong since raids are the best part of Destiny, and the only thing making these expansions worth the price of admission (for me anyway).

No Raid

by HigherLifestyle, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:43 (3302 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Exactly how I feel, I wouldn't buy the expansion if there was no raid coming with it (although I have already the season pass haha).

UPDATE!!! No Raid

by HigherLifestyle, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:47 (3302 days ago) @ HigherLifestyle

The Gamespot article indicates:

According to the leak, House of Wolves includes:

A new Awoken storyline plus an exclusive Raid

With that said, it is obviously from the leak and subject to change.

Here's to hoping Activision doesn't think no new raid is acceptable.

Exclusive as in PS4 only?!?!

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:59 (3302 days ago) @ HigherLifestyle

- No text -

Exclusive as in PS4 only?!?!

by HigherLifestyle, Monday, April 13, 2015, 16:25 (3302 days ago) @ red robber

Oh god as if Monday couldn't get any worse..

Hold on

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, April 13, 2015, 16:47 (3302 days ago) @ HigherLifestyle

I'd wait for confirmation on this one. "Exclusive" may be the work of a lazy marketeer. All expansion content could be said to be exclusive to the expansion.

*gets torch and pitchfork ready*

by yakaman, Monday, April 13, 2015, 19:44 (3302 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

No Raid

by petetheduck, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:53 (3302 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Firefight is a poor replacement for a raid. I hope this is wrong since raids are the best part of Destiny, and the only thing making these expansions worth the price of admission (for me anyway).

Done right, it could be a really fantastic addition to PvE, and one that might ultimately be well worth giving up one Raid's dev time.

As a contrast to the precision Crota's End hard mode demands, something that is on the opposite end of the spectrum could be really refreshing (not saying it has to be easy). It also might be something that Bungie continues to regularly refresh, where Raids are static. But that's just wishful thinking. I just hope it is more like the overwhelming Abyss than the anticlimactic Defeat the Extraction Crews.

The enemies are moving against you.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:56 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

Done right, it could be a really fantastic addition to PvE, and one that might ultimately be well worth giving up one Raid's dev time.

As a contrast to the precision Crota's End hard mode demands, something that is on of the opposite end of the spectrum could be really refreshing (not saying it has to be easy). It also might be something that Bungie continues to regularly refresh, where Raids are static. But that's just wishful thinking. I just hope it is more like the overwhelming Abyss than the anticlimactic Defeat the Extraction Crews.

Considering how difficult the enemies against each other events can get, and how fun they are, I'd be okay with something like that but on more of a scale reaching batshit-crazy-steroid-takin-madness-inducing-goes-to-eleven-you-will-die levels.

With a six Guardian fireteam. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, April 13, 2015, 16:05 (3302 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

:(

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 12:29 (3301 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

If there's no raid, I just might put this game down.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, April 13, 2015, 16:08 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

Not as a form of angry protest or anything like that, but because the Raids (so far) have been the only content in the game with genuinely compelling replay value for me. Mastering the various encounters, learning the different positions, that IS Destiny for me. The rest is all just pallet-cleanser diversions.

Who knows?

by DreadPirateWes, Monday, April 13, 2015, 20:23 (3302 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Maybe the new end game content will be better than raids!

What's this Prison of Elders activity!?

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:12 (3302 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Bingo

by Durandal, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:47 (3302 days ago) @ breitzen

Bingo, some connect four and grandkids night mostly. Sometimes, when the Eldars are good they get a visit from the kitten farm or extra yogurt before bedtime.

Bingo

by Warbow, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:54 (3302 days ago) @ Durandal

Extra yogurt! I want pudding!! Maybe Jello. I don't know, back in my day yogurt was just spoiled milk. Where did I put my.....

You sunk my battleship.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, April 13, 2015, 15:56 (3302 days ago) @ Warbow

Serendipity!

You sunk my battleship.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 01:57 (3301 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I want some taquitos

New Currency: Werther's Original

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Monday, April 13, 2015, 16:29 (3302 days ago) @ breitzen

you turn them in at the Golden Corral for complimentary coffee.

Piece of Werther's trivia.

by Funkmon @, Monday, April 13, 2015, 16:58 (3302 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Werther's is a German candy from a long time ago, but it wasn't introduced into the international market until the nineties, despite advertisement showing elderly folk giving their grandchildren the candy they supposedly had when they were a kid appearing immediately.

Unfortunately, this is necessarily false. Even if the grandfather was German, he would have been the age of the kid during the wars and depression, and the candy had stopped manufacturing during this time. And he is clearly not German.

That said, due to these commercials, Werther's Originals has been associated with old people in both the UK and the US despite being newer to these countries than Diet Mountain Dew.

It'll tickle youre innards!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, April 13, 2015, 17:03 (3302 days ago) @ Funkmon

That said, due to these commercials, Werther's Originals has been associated with old people in both the UK and the US despite being newer to these countries than Diet Mountain Dew.

[image]

ಠ_ಠ

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Monday, April 13, 2015, 17:07 (3302 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

*lol* You guys crack me up. n/t

by Penthesilean, Tuesday, April 14, 2015, 13:19 (3301 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Can't imagine a raid won't be one of the reveals...

by slycrel ⌂, Monday, April 13, 2015, 18:16 (3302 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Want to see what it looked like two years ago?

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, April 13, 2015, 17:41 (3302 days ago) @ petetheduck

I've missed that covenant purple.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Monday, April 13, 2015, 17:45 (3302 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Worst dance emote ever.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Monday, April 13, 2015, 17:50 (3302 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

It just needs a slow, catchy beat...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, April 13, 2015, 19:27 (3302 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Derelict Reaper, is that you?

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, April 13, 2015, 22:00 (3302 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread