I HAVE A SON!! *OT*IMGs*

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Friday, April 05, 2013, 22:20 (4038 days ago)

In the CRAZIEST of crazy scenarios my wife and I, who have been unable to conceive for over 5 years, got a call yesterday from a nurse-friend who works at a hospital. She told us "there's a woman who just came in and declared she wanted to adopt out her baby. Do you want a baby?"

Um... YEAH!!!

There's obviously a bit more to the story, but I'm a little brain-fried after the last 24 hours. I'll be happy to answer follow-up questions :)

Oberon Andrew Harber

Oberon: old german origin, meaning "Noble Bear"
Andrew: meaning "Man, Warrior"

So, it'll still be a long road until he's actually fully adopted, but we now have a beautiful baby boy in our home!

[image]

First pic at home, already introducing him to his legacy. :)
[image]

A fitting cart and room number for the son of a Bungie fan. :D
[image][image]

And now...what's next?
[image]

Congratulations on your Guardian in training!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, April 05, 2013, 22:23 (4038 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

Yes, you do!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, April 05, 2013, 22:54 (4038 days ago) @ Mid7night

Now all you need is to wait for his hands to be able to fit around a 360 controller so you can pretend your CSR is going down because of him!

:P

As I've said before, congratulations, man! You, wifey and Oberon have all of my best wishes.

Congrats!!!

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Friday, April 05, 2013, 22:54 (4038 days ago) @ Mid7night

Nice hoodie too! May I suggest this for your son ;)

DUDE!!!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Friday, April 05, 2013, 23:27 (4038 days ago) @ Mid7night

Congratulations dad!!!! I have a 2mo old nephew, and I still get super excited seeing him and holding him and just watching him. I imagine you're feeling about 50x that now. That is just awesome :) My best wishes to you, your wife, and son.

PS- Awesome name

Aww man

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Saturday, April 06, 2013, 12:08 (4038 days ago) @ Mr Daax

I was just able to watch the video. Why you gotta make a brother tear up like that? :) He's beautiful man. And he's got some incredibly loving parents. Congrats again.

CONGRATULATIONS!

by Jillybean, Saturday, April 06, 2013, 04:16 (4038 days ago) @ Mid7night

He's beautiful! Congratulations to you and the missus, Mid7night! I hope you were stocking up on sleep the last few weeks ;)

CONGRATULATIONS!

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, April 06, 2013, 08:48 (4038 days ago) @ Jillybean

If every time something annoying happens I can narrate it like that, I'm all in.

Congrats, man!

by NsU Soldier @, Washington, Saturday, April 06, 2013, 04:20 (4038 days ago) @ Mid7night

A fitting cart and room number for the son of a Bungie fan. :D
[image][image]

Haha, it was DESTINY.

I HAVE A SON!! *OT*IMGs*

by SonofMacPhisto @, Saturday, April 06, 2013, 06:05 (4038 days ago) @ Mid7night

lol that last picture

'Oh. Crap. Baby.'

'THIS WAS YOUR IDEA, MIDNIGHT.'

:D Congrats bro.

I HAVE A SON!! *OT*IMGs*

by mikefishr, Bloomington, IN, Saturday, April 06, 2013, 06:56 (4038 days ago) @ Mid7night

Congratulations!

I HAVE A SON!! *OT*IMGs*

by Beckx, Saturday, April 06, 2013, 08:07 (4038 days ago) @ Mid7night

HUGE Congratulations Ben!!

That's so excellent. Enjoy this time with your (now larger) family!

I HAVE A SON!! *OT*IMGs*

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, April 06, 2013, 10:30 (4038 days ago) @ Mid7night

That video made me tear up, dude! I am so happy for you and family!

That last pic is a classic. You made my weekend.

Kermit

I HAVE A SON!! *OT*IMGs*

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Saturday, April 06, 2013, 15:03 (4037 days ago) @ Mid7night

Thanks for posting the video and pictures! So great to be able to share this moment with you and your family! Congratulations again man!

Awesome! Congradulations!!!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Saturday, April 06, 2013, 19:05 (4037 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

Congratulations!!

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Monday, April 08, 2013, 05:21 (4036 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

The story of my son *VID*

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Monday, April 08, 2013, 08:47 (4036 days ago) @ Mid7night

If you're interested in hearing more details about what happened, here's me sharing the story:

by Claude Errera @, Monday, April 08, 2013, 11:39 (4036 days ago) @ Mid7night

If you're interested in hearing more details about what happened, here's me sharing the story:

Dude - that's awesome. Congrats, and good luck with the amazingly fast transition from nonparenthood to parenthood!

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Monday, April 08, 2013, 14:22 (4035 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Thanks Claude! (not gonna lie; it's weird not calling you Wu or seeing you identified as such) :)

We're doin' our best, with a lot of help and encouragement from friends and family. The DBO & HBO communities are definitely both included in that! :)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, April 09, 2013, 07:06 (4035 days ago) @ Mid7night

Thanks for sharing the second vid. You are blessed, and so is Noble Bear Warrior to have found such parents. :)

And our community grows by 1 :D

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, April 08, 2013, 21:24 (4035 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

That's how it's done, right?! *IMG*

by Mid7night ⌂ @, Rocket BSCHSHCSHSHCCHGGH!!!!!!, Monday, April 08, 2013, 21:40 (4035 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

XD

[image]

That's ridiculous!

by Avateur @, Tuesday, April 09, 2013, 15:13 (4034 days ago) @ Mid7night

Man, that picture cracks me up. Yes, you're doing it right. Haha, way to go dude. :P

That's how it's done, right?! *IMG*

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Tuesday, April 09, 2013, 20:21 (4034 days ago) @ Mid7night

Lol you should have had him on the guest controllers yesterday. :P

I've already said this, but lovely family. :)

by Atsumi ⌂, Jefferson City, MO, Tuesday, April 09, 2013, 05:26 (4035 days ago) @ Mid7night

- No text -

I HAVE A SON!! *OT*IMGs*

by Ducain ⌂, Ormond Beach, FL, Tuesday, April 09, 2013, 08:49 (4035 days ago) @ Mid7night

That is awesome, congrats to you both. Children are a huge blessing.

HOLY AWESOMSAUCE!

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Thursday, April 18, 2013, 12:26 (4026 days ago) @ Mid7night

Oberon Andrew Harber

Oberon: old german origin, meaning "Noble Bear"
Andrew: meaning "Man, Warrior"

Ok, so I was talking with Chewbaccwakka the other night, we got on the topic of names, and I decided to look up the meaning of my name.

My first and middle names are: Alexander Bernard

Alexander: from the Greek, meaning "man's defender, Warrior"
Bernard: from the old German, meaning "strong, brave bear"

I just about freaked out at the awesomeness that is that name, never realizing it until that moment, and Chewbaccawakka and I both thought the same thing when he said "Heh, nice. Makes me think of Oberon."

So, now I feel a sort of nominal kinship with your son. We Warrior Bears gotta stick together. Awesome names indeed!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread