Iron Banner glitch still worked. [IMG] (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 15:19 (3308 days ago)
edited by Funkmon, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 15:27

I signed in 10 minutes early, and now I have a helmet and new snipers.

These two guns are IMO the best IB gear there is. If you have time this week, get to rank 5 for them.

The things are

• Chestpiece (rank 3)
  • Helmet (rank 4)
  • Sniper (rank 3)
  • Handcannon (rank 5)

[image]

So your rank didn't reset when you entered orbit?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 15:21 (3308 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

Wait, what do you mean?

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 15:24 (3308 days ago) @ CyberKN

I signed on at 12:50, stayed in orbit until 1:02, then went to the tower after changing my chest piece.

Wait, what do you mean?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 15:28 (3308 days ago) @ Funkmon

I signed on at 12:50, stayed in orbit until 1:02, then went to the tower after changing my chest piece.

Interesting. I thought the late start time was to avoid this- Iron banner rank would reset at normal time, but the doors wouldn't open until half an hour ago.

That's how it was before- your rank would reset if you entered orbit after the weekly reset, then you would wait until the doors opened and land, keeping your rank intact.

...So why did the time change at all?

Who knows? Maybe to put it within the workday?

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 15:30 (3308 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Wait, what do you mean?

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 15:32 (3308 days ago) @ CyberKN

Interesting. I thought the late start time was to avoid this- Iron banner rank would reset at normal time, but the doors wouldn't open until half an hour ago.

That's how it was before- your rank would reset if you entered orbit after the weekly reset, then you would wait until the doors opened and land, keeping your rank intact.

...So why did the time change at all?

Well, way fewer people have the time to do this exploit, so...that?

Democratization of the Exploit

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 15:37 (3308 days ago) @ iconicbanana
edited by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 15:43

Perhaps it was to give people in different timezones a better opportunity to glitch to even out access?

I'm only half kidding. The cynical side of me says this would never happen, but there is a bungie fanboi in me that remembers the company that did things differently than other developers. Every once in a while we see glimpses of that company again.

Iron Banner glitch still worked. [IMG]

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 16:54 (3308 days ago) @ Funkmon

I signed in 10 minutes early, and now I have a helmet and new snipers.

These two guns are IMO the best IB gear there is. If you have time this week, get to rank 5 for them.

The things are

• Chestpiece (rank 3)
  • Helmet (rank 4)
  • Sniper (rank 3)
  • Handcannon (rank 5)

[image]

Was on a conference call at this hour; couldn't take advantage. :(

Gonna take some work to get up to rank 4 on two characters... not sure if I can do it. I can't buy helmets for characters that aren't playing, can I?

Bleh. I KNEW there was a reason I hadn't created a second character before now. :(

Am I the only one who think the helmets look meh?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 17:03 (3308 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I suppose it's largely a taste thing, but I don't get the hype. They look like some of the rare-tier helmets with Iron Banner decals.

Aesthetically, I'm much more excited about the HoW vendor gear.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 17:03 (3308 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Gonna take some work to get up to rank 4 on two characters... not sure if I can do it. I can't buy helmets for characters that aren't playing, can I?

If you are short on time, you should play on the last few days. Turn in all the bounties, wear the emblem, shader, and class item, and buy the buff. You can do it in as little as 4 hours per character if you wait until the weekend / monday.

Yeah, IB gear in general is pretty 'meh' to me.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 17:07 (3308 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

I still neeeeeeeed it all

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 17:09 (3308 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 17:14 (3308 days ago) @ CyberKN

I suppose it's largely a taste thing, but I don't get the hype. They look like some of the rare-tier helmets with Iron Banner decals.

Heh - I don't really care what it looks like, I care that it's legendary and 36 light. ;) (The only other helmet in the game that fits that description is the Crota raid helmet - and that hasn't dropped for me, yet.)

I can only get to 32 by 1) acquiring a 36 light legendary helmet, or 2) forgoing my armamentarium... something I HATE doing. ;)

You should look at these flyers.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 17:14 (3308 days ago) @ unoudid

Seriously. I'm worried about you, dude!

Note: replace "mom" with "unoudid" and "depression or alcohol" with "Destinuh."

You should look at these flyers.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 17:16 (3308 days ago) @ iconicbanana

You always have the best videos on queue :)

They totally look meh.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 17:22 (3308 days ago) @ CyberKN

The chestpiece is really cool looking, but the rest of it is just reskinned blue stuff.

The best armor comes from Dead Orbit. :3

I don't like them either

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 17:22 (3308 days ago) @ CyberKN

I like the other IB gear, mostly, just not the Helmets.

They totally look meh.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 17:30 (3308 days ago) @ Funkmon

Not for a warlock! The wraps/robes have that weird upturned bottom on them that looks incredibly meh

Well, awesome until you get the shaders.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 17:33 (3308 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

+1

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 17:55 (3308 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Heh - I don't really care what it looks like, I care that it's legendary and 36 light. ;) (The only other helmet in the game that fits that description is the Crota raid helmet - and that hasn't dropped for me, yet.)

I can only get to 32 by 1) acquiring a 36 light legendary helmet, or 2) forgoing my armamentarium... something I HATE doing. ;)

That's the big deal right there: it's not that the IB helmets look that special, it's that they're NOT Crota gear :)

I'll be grinding my Titan and Warlock up to buy them each a helmet this week. My Titan is my main IB character, so I want her to have the complete armor set, and I want my warlock to be able to hit 32 without depending on the Crota helm or an exotic.

Personally, it's the IB chest pieces that look really cool. Understated, but elegant.

+1

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 18:00 (3308 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Understated

[image]

by ProbablyLast, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 18:01 (3308 days ago) @ Funkmon

Yep good times all around. Will be grinding out the Helmet on my Titan for sure, maybe on Hunter if I don't hate it.

That's not the IB chest piece.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 18:01 (3308 days ago) @ Funkmon

This is:
[image]

That's not the IB chest piece.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 18:08 (3308 days ago) @ CyberKN

[image]

I know, I just wanted to make the joke.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 19:13 (3308 days ago) @ CyberKN

Helmets do look generic, but some of the other gear looks great. Despite having a set of Crota gear for all of my characters, I've still ground Iron Banner for a Hunter set, because it looks great compared to other Hunter armors, and with Glowhoo, the Gauntlets get bright blue wraps that resemble the wristbands that I've worn for years...

For Warlocks, I wanted the legs, but only because I hate the Crota legs, but with HoW, I'll be able to upgrade my Viper Spine legs to 38 Light, so there's zero reason for me to do IB anymore, as all of the other armor is very much "meh".

But people have different tastes and reasons for getting it (such as needing the Light level if they don't have Crota armor), and that's okay too. Me, I'm all about what makes me feel pretty.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 19:14 (3308 days ago) @ Korny

Me, I'm all about what makes me feel pretty.

Goddamn right. *fistbump*

Damn! I should've done this too...

by R41, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 04:08 (3307 days ago) @ Funkmon

Now I'll have to do another load of tedious grinding...

I feel your pain. 3x Rank 4 Characters here I come

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 10:19 (3307 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Forget Saladin, I want the Titan Vanguards armour

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 10:22 (3307 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

:O! Take it back

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 10:23 (3307 days ago) @ unoudid

Dead Orbit Warlock robes are the best Warlock Robes. They look like space duffelcoats.

Thankyou Korny!

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 10:26 (3307 days ago) @ Korny

For Warlocks, I wanted the legs, but only because I hate the Crota legs, but with HoW, I'll be able to upgrade my Viper Spine legs to 38 Light, so there's zero reason for me to do IB anymore, as all of the other armor is very much "meh".

Omg. It never even ocurred to me. I can have Light 36 Gravebreaker armour. YAY!

Thankyou Korny!

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 14:45 (3307 days ago) @ someotherguy

Omg. It never even ocurred to me. I can have Light 36 Gravebreaker armour. YAY!

[image]

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 14:50 (3307 days ago) @ Korny

But people have different tastes and reasons for getting it (such as needing the Light level if they don't have Crota armor), and that's okay too. Me, I'm all about what makes me feel pretty.

Feeling pretty is nice, but it is very very hard to give up carrying more heavy ammo. That would mean being married to an exotic chest piece, when often I'd want to use a helmet. For the time being, I gotta stay with the raid boots, either VoG or Crota.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 12:34 (3306 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Feeling pretty is nice, but it is very very hard to give up carrying more heavy ammo. That would mean being married to an exotic chest piece, when often I'd want to use a helmet. For the time being, I gotta stay with the raid boots, either VoG or Crota.

I usually wear Exotic chests anyway, but in PVP, it doesn't take long to swap gear right as Heavy ammo is dropping, then swapping back as soon as you pick it up (you keep all ammo even when you don't wear the gear, IIRC). I very often change gear/weapons during a match (Voidfang throughout, Praxic as soon as my Super is full).

Question about firebolt grenades

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:27 (3306 days ago) @ Korny

I was running around in IB last night with Voidfang as a sunsinger, and Gift of the Sun.

Are two firebolt grenades not enough to kill someone? Because it feels I was tagging people twice and they were still surviving.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:28 (3306 days ago) @ CyberKN

They can miss. If there is anything between your grenade and the enemy it might still reach out to the target and might even appear to hit them but it won't do any damage. Even things like being behind a tree or down a ramp can save someone. I've also seen them miss if they land within range but the enemy moves out of range before they fire. Last night I even saw one miss as it tried to hit someone who was blinking.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:29 (3306 days ago) @ Ragashingo

They can miss. If there is anything between your grenade and the enemy it might still reach out to the target and might even appear to hit them but it won't do any damage. Even things like being behind a tree or down a ramp can save someone. I've also seen them miss if they land within range but the enemy moves out of range before they fire. Last night I even saw one miss as it tried to hit someone who was blinking.

They're not missing. I can see the damage numbers.

IB makes firebolt grenades a little wonky

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:30 (3306 days ago) @ CyberKN

Same thing with surviving burns that would kill you in normal crucible. The defense rating is real, even if you're throwing a level 32 grenade.

Agreed, that too.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 15:58 (3306 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread