Iron Banner Rerolls: Round Two (Destiny)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 20:47 (3308 days ago)

What are you reforging your IB weapons for this week?

My wish list:
Efrideet's Spear (x2) with Ambush Scope, Performance Bonus/Spray and Play, Armor Piercing, Final Round

Felwinter's Lie (Got my roll earlier today): Aggressive Ballistics, Return to Sender, Hammer Forged, Shot Package

Radegast's Fury: Grenades and Horseshoes, Field Scout, Spray and Play/Clown Cartridge

Question

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 20:57 (3308 days ago) @ unoudid

Is it worth reforging the shotgun to get field choke instead of aggressive ballistics? AB is -5 range and Field Choke is +12 to range. How much does Shot Package help over Rangefinder?

http://destiny.wiki.fextralife.com/Barrel+Upgrade+Table

Iron Banner Rerolls: Round Two

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 20:58 (3308 days ago) @ unoudid

Radegast's Fury: Grenades and Horseshoes, Field Scout, Spray and Play/Clown Cartridge

This, and a Timur's Lash with Field Scout and Outlaw.

Question

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 21:06 (3308 days ago) @ unoudid

Is it worth reforging the shotgun to get field choke instead of aggressive ballistics? AB is -5 range and Field Choke is +12 to range. How much does Shot Package help over Rangefinder?

http://destiny.wiki.fextralife.com/Barrel+Upgrade+Table

In a 1-on-1, Shotpackage will always beat rangefinder. Narrowing the spread of projectiles is key.

I'm comparing different barrels on my Felwinter's (with HF and SP), and the "range" stat is unchanged between Accurized ballistics and Soft ballistics, despite your chart's indication that Accurized gives +10... so maybe hammer forged is capped at a certain range value?

Double down is now a desirable perk for Snipers/FRs.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 21:41 (3308 days ago) @ unoudid

Especially in crucible, spawning with double ammo is a godsend on snipers. Dunno if you can roll that on legendaries or not.

You can. Borked for PVE though.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 23:05 (3308 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I used to spawn in with 36 sniper rounds, now just 24.

Not sure the real difference myself.

by Funkmon @, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 23:44 (3307 days ago) @ CyberKN
edited by Funkmon, Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 23:50

But a lot of dudes on Reddit claim rangefinder is best, and they seem to have actually tested it. Worth going into rumble and checking it out.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/345rq6/megathread_iron_banner_daily_discussion_thread/cqs4wey

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/345rq6/megathread_iron_banner_daily_discussion_thread/cqrktrv

Others claim matter of factly it is not. Time for a test.

+1. 3rd perk not important, but final round/spray&play good.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 03:52 (3307 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

I just blew 120 motes of light. + Field Scout question.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 04:01 (3307 days ago) @ unoudid
edited by Funkmon, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 04:05

Sniper:
Aimed for: Void, Outlaw, Field Scout.
Got: Void, Outlaw and Field Scout plus unflinching.
SUCCESS!

Scout Rifle:
Aimed for: Field Scout, Firefly, Outlaw.
Got: Firefly, Outlaw, Flared Magwell
GOOD ENOUGH!

Timur's Lash:
Aimed for: Field Scout, Outlaw, extra reload perk.
Got: Field Scout, Outlaw, Who's Next.
SUCCESS!

Jolder's Hammer:
Aimed for: Solar + Field Scout, OR Field scout + surplus on arc or solar.
Got: Nothing. I used 60 motes on this one, still haven't gotten one I want. Still have 30 left I'm saving.
FAILURE!

Is Field Scout even available for the scout rifles anymore? I blew a lot on that guy and didn't see one.

I just blew 120 motes of light. + Field Scout question.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 04:07 (3307 days ago) @ Funkmon

Is Field Scout even available for the scout rifles anymore? I blew a lot on that guy and didn't see one.

Not for 331 scout rifles. Only older models.

+1. 3rd perk not important, but final round/spray&play good.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 04:08 (3307 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by CyberKN, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 04:34

Spray&Play and Outlaw both occupy the same 1st slot, unfortunately.

Not sure the real difference myself.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 04:39 (3307 days ago) @ Funkmon

Once I had shot package + hammer forged unlocked tonight it was a beast. I was able to get kills at ridiculous ranges. If you miss the shot though you are pretty well screwed because of the slow rate of fire,

Guess it's shot package!

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 09:21 (3307 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Wait. Really? What am I thinking about? Feeding Frenzy?

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 09:22 (3307 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Timur's Lash Question

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 10:15 (3307 days ago) @ Funkmon

I too have a Timur's Lash with Field Scout and Outlaw, but I cant help but feel Outlaw makes Field Scout a bit redundant. Anyone got some recommendations for what else to aim for? Explosive rounds are tempting but theyd mess with Outlaw unfortunately.

Timur's Lash Question

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 11:20 (3307 days ago) @ someotherguy

I'm trying to get one this time. Since it already has higher impact and range, I want to build a long range hand cannon. I'm going to try for rangefinder, send it, and any reload upgrade.

Timur's Lash Question

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 13:39 (3307 days ago) @ someotherguy

A lot of people like 3rd eye, outlaw and firefly.

My loadout, which I like quite a bit, has Who's Next (outlaw jr), Explosive rounds -or- iridium rounds, and clown cartridge. I have also had a very similar roll previously that had luck in the chamber in place of who's next. I think I like the new one better for PvE at least.

Timur's Lash Question

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 13:40 (3307 days ago) @ bluerunner

I'm also tempted by Luck in the Chamber and Flared Magwell. Hawkmoon Lite!

You can get Firefly again?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 13:42 (3307 days ago) @ slycrel

I know you could, back in the First IB, but I thought they removed Firefly from the pool since TDB??

I used ~30 motes for my Gheleon's Demise....

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 13:44 (3307 days ago) @ Funkmon

...and got "Red Dot OAS", (my preferred scout scope, yay!), who's next, iridium rounds and firefly. High caliber rounds likely won't get used but that's a bonus perk.

Who's next is the replaceable one, outlaw may have been better, but I'm not going to try my luck for that kind of triple good configuration again. It could be argued that flared magwell would be preferred, but armor piercing rounds has a special place in my heart, irrationally or not.

Maybe they did...?

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 13:49 (3307 days ago) @ someotherguy

I know some people have it, but you could be right that it's the pre-expansion ones. I don't have it personally, pretty sure I saw it come up in the rotation last IB when I spent 50+ motes on rerolls for it.

Feeding frenzy can go in that last slot, yeah.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 14:02 (3307 days ago) @ Funkmon

Here's the possible perks for each slot:
http://db.destinytracker.com/inventory/item/2266591883

Firefly is ONLY available on Fatebringer and scout rifles.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 14:05 (3307 days ago) @ slycrel

Available perks on 300 Timur's lash:
http://db.destinytracker.com/inventory/item/337037804

Available perks on 331 Timur's lash:
http://db.destinytracker.com/inventory/item/2266591883

And snipers

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 14:27 (3307 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Heck, it's the default IB roll right now for ES...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 14:38 (3307 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

Yes, I forget stuff sometimes. Are you done? -_-

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 14:40 (3307 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Worth keeping?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:03 (3307 days ago) @ unoudid

I spent about 30 motes of light re-rolling my Timur's Lash last night... ended up with this combo:

*SteadyHand IS
*Outlaw
*Field Scout (which I'll use), Single Point Sling, High Caliber Rounds
*Grenadier

Think it's a good enough roll to keep? The combo of Outlaw and Field Scout is the main thing I was searching for, but I was hoping for a better sight. Grenadier is ok, but in a dream world I would love to have something that helps with range or stability.

Thoughts?

Worth keeping?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:10 (3307 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I spent about 30 motes of light re-rolling my Timur's Lash last night... ended up with this combo:

*SteadyHand IS
*Outlaw
*Grenadier

Think it's a good enough roll to keep? The combo of Outlaw and Field Scout is the main thing I was searching for, but I was hoping for a better sight. Grenadier is ok, but in a dream world I would love to have something that helps with range or stability.

Thoughts?

I was in a similar situation last night- I think I ended up burning at least ~60 motes, and I ended up with Outlaw, Field-scout, and Truesight (almost identical to Sureshot). I decided that that was good enough. (the last perk was LITC)

Remember, you can always trade in all those ascendant materials for more motes when HoW comes out.

To answer your question, I did get Outlaw and Field scout at one point, but kept rerolling until I also got a good sight. I also have a ton of motes, though.

Worth keeping?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:15 (3307 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

*SteadyHand IS
*Outlaw
*Grenadier

Thoughts?

That's not a bad roll in general. I like SteadyHand IS as my sight. I tend to want range + reload on this gun.

My Current version has:
TrueSight IS
Spray and Play
Armor Piercing, Flared Magwell, Explosive Rounds
Who's Next

This thing can reload blindingly fast if I prefer but most of the time I'll run with Explosive Rounds instead of Flared Magwell

I think my ideal version would be
SteadHand IS
Spray and Play / Outlaw
Perfect Balance, Flared Magwell, Send It
Luck in the Chamber / Third Eye

Timur's Lash Question

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:22 (3307 days ago) @ someotherguy

I too have a Timur's Lash with Field Scout and Outlaw, but I cant help but feel Outlaw makes Field Scout a bit redundant.

I would say they compliment each other, rather than say they're redundant. Outlaw and Field Scout both enhance your ability to do as much DPS as possible. A player who can fire more shots without reloading AND reload faster than normal has a distinct advantage.

Neither perk feels particularly flashy, but when combined I feel they boost the overall potential usefulness of a weapon substantially.

Spray and Play > Outlaw IMHO

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:27 (3307 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Guaranteed speed reload on a empty mag makes this much more useful in PvP and PvE.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:36 (3307 days ago) @ unoudid

Guaranteed speed reload on a empty mag makes this much more useful in PvP and PvE.

It's a personal taste thing, but as a mostly-PvE player I find outlaw far more useful. I rarely let my clip get empty, and the majority of my kills are precision kills. With Outlaw, I can sneak in a quick reload whenever it feels like the best time to do it, rather than needing to empty my clip.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:37 (3307 days ago) @ unoudid

I tend to agree, because if you reload before your mag is empty, you are doing it because you have a safe window to do so. The only time where you MUST reload is on an empty mag, so it's less likely you'll be in a safe situation. Plus, Chain of Woe already does what outlaw does.

Timur's Lash is really a conundrum because of the 7 shots. 8 is the absolute minimum for me, with 10 being the lowest that I feel comfortable with. 7 is just shy of that, but field scout takes away so many great other perk options, such as explosive rounds or send it.

Worth keeping?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:43 (3307 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Thoughts?

It's interesting how you can settle on and adjust to certain perks. I love outlaw, but I rolled Field Scout and Clown Cartridge on my Timur's Lash. 25% of the time I am rocking a 16 round magazine, so I just flat out don't have to reload that much. I don't miss outlaw at all. In a perfect world I'd get Crowd Control for the last perk, but I'm not spending the motes to try to get that.

Worth keeping?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:44 (3307 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Thoughts?

It's interesting how you can settle on and adjust to certain perks. I love outlaw, but I rolled Field Scout and Clown Cartridge on my Timur's Lash. 25% of the time I am rocking a 16 round magazine, so I just flat out don't have to reload that much. I don't miss outlaw at all. In a perfect world I'd get Crowd Control for the last perk, but I'm not spending the motes to try to get that.

Yeah, that's a good point. If I had a 16 round mag, I probably wouldn't worry so much about Outlaw, either :)

Worth keeping?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:48 (3307 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Thoughts?

Yeah, that's a good point. If I had a 16 round mag, I probably wouldn't worry so much about Outlaw, either :)

Crowd Control is really good on Hand Cannons. It basically bumps it up to the next impact level / attack value. So a 300 Devil You Know with Crowd Control activated is doing as much damage as a 331 TFWPKY. So for a 331 Timur's Lash, you'd basically be using a 392 TFWPKY.

Numbers, Cody! Numbers!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:50 (3307 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Worth keeping?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:54 (3307 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Thoughts?

I'm thinking my ideal PvE Timur's Lash would be:

Return to Sender
Explosive Rounds
Crowd Control

Return to Sender would effectively bump the mag up to 8 or 9, and I could have the great damage boosting perks instead of field scout.

Worth keeping?

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 15:59 (3307 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Thoughts?

That is the exact gun i have: Clown Cartridge, Field Scout, and Crowd Control

Timur's Lash: Flared Magwell + Reactive Reload?

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 16:44 (3307 days ago) @ unoudid

Is that combo worth it? Here's what the gun has:

* Hip Fire
* Lightweight / Flared Magwell / Explosive Rounds
* Reactive Reload

I'm tempted to keep it, but I'm not sure about it. Maybe I should unlock those & try it out...

who's next < spray & play < outlaw. usually.

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 17:55 (3307 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The more precise your weapon, the better outlaw is. i.e. scouts and snipers. hand cannons with really good scopes also benefit more from outlaw, though on something like word of crota I'd much rather have spray & play than outlaw.

Worth keeping?

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 18:01 (3307 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I think that's a good, not perfect but good, roll. Up to you and the motes you have available.

Grenadier is almost a throwaway unless you're a sunsinger or sporting the armentarium.

I run with Truesight IS like cyber on my timur's lash, it's pretty alright. I've also got sureshot, but I like the small stability increase truesight has and the target acquisition feels similar.

Thanks for the clarification!

by slycrel ⌂, Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 18:01 (3307 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Worth keeping?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 11:54 (3306 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Does Crowd Control give enough extra to be worth it? I remember reading that Crowd Control on Timur's Lash only makes a difference fighting the Overlevelled Acolyte Majors in HM Crota. Everything else already dies in one shot, or will take two shots anyway.

The speed boost is way lower with S&P though.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 12:00 (3306 days ago) @ unoudid

I have a The Chance with Spray & Pray and even with an empty mag it reloads like I'm in slow motion.

Also teaching myself not to reload is hard

My new Efrideet's Spear

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 12:30 (3306 days ago) @ unoudid

I hit Iron Banner rank 3 last night, so I went to the tower to buy Efrideet's Spear. The roll on the vendor version seems decent, but I was tempted to go down the re-roll rabbit hole. So I ended up buying 2 sniper rifles; 1 to keep as is, the other to re-roll and experiment with.

I re-rolled it once, and landed a combo of Rodeo, Field Scout, and Clown Cartridge. Seems like a good spec to me, so I'm going to upgrade it and play around with it a bit. I'll probably end up deleting 1 of the 2, but I'm looking forward to taking them both for a spin.

Anyone else use Efrideet's Spear much?

I thought weapons were rank 4 an 5?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 12:37 (3306 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

3 & 5

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 12:59 (3306 days ago) @ CyberKN

I was surprised too. I'd assumed they were 4 and 5 until I went to grab bounties this morning and saw I was able to buy the spear.

My favorite PvP Sniper

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:00 (3306 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Here's the one I currently rock.

Ambush Scope
Spray and Play
Snapshot, Armor Piercing, Custom Optics
Final Round.

This was completely OP pre 1.1.2 patch and Armor Piercing Nerf.

With that said, it's still a great sniper rifle and the final round perk makes it a one shot kill even in the foot.

I'm planning on picking up one or two this week and trying for some Ammo perks.

I think my preferred roll now would be:

Ambush Scope
1. Double Down 2.Performance Bonus
Snapshot, Field Scout, Perfect Balance
1. Clown Cartridge 2. Final Round

I only use this sniper. Just bought another one.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:12 (3306 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I roll them all for field scout, then the rest of it I keep if it's nice. I have a void one with outlaw, an arc one with double down, and my new one is solar with surplus and outlaw.

With field scout, #3 non exotic gun in the game, IMO.

I still like the Prudence II a little bit more.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:17 (3306 days ago) @ Funkmon

I roll them all for field scout, then the rest of it I keep if it's nice. I have a void one with outlaw, an arc one with double down, and my new one is solar with surplus and outlaw.

Mostly though, it has more to do with the stability/aim assist. It fires faster and smoother than praedyth's, and I have some solid perks on it. Headshot machine.

I still like the Prudence II a little bit more.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:28 (3306 days ago) @ iconicbanana

It fires faster and smoother than praedyth's, and I have some solid perks on it. Headshot machine.

Are you shooting marshmallows with this? not sure how anything can fire faster or smoother than PR.

It's a great gun, my man.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:29 (3306 days ago) @ unoudid

It fires faster and smoother than praedyth's, and I have some solid perks on it. Headshot machine.

Are you shooting marshmallows with this? not sure how anything can fire faster or smoother than PR.

The closest thing to the Halo CE rifle in the game.

You'd LOVE the Chosen

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:49 (3306 days ago) @ iconicbanana
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:03

Mostly though, it has more to do with the stability/aim assist. It fires faster and smoother than praedyth's, and I have some solid perks on it. Headshot machine.

Prudence II is great... I've got one on my hunter. If you like that one, you might love The Chosen even more (Future War Cult sniper). It has even higher stability and reload base stats. I've got one on my Warlock with Performance Bonus, Outlaw, and a choice of either Field Scout or Perfect Balance. It's by far the fastest, most nimble and stable sniper rifle I've ever used :)

Not quite...

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:51 (3306 days ago) @ CyberKN

Your mom.

Ok, there, I'm done.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 13:57 (3306 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I tend to agree, because if you reload before your mag is empty, you are doing it because you have a safe window to do so.

Yes, but in PvE situations, a "safe window" might only be half a second or so. If I'm fighting a huge crowd of enemies, I'll often time my reloads to coincide with my movements: If I'm strafing past cover, I'll pop a quick reload so I can continue firing as soon as I emerge out from cover. Outlaw means I am usually able to do this seamlessly, in motion. Never stopping to hide behind cover, which gives the crowds of enemies time to close in. It makes a huge difference during encounters such as the conflux segment of the templar battle, for example. If my reloads were slower, I would need to spend a lot more time sitting behind cover, which is time I'm not killing Vex :)

It's a great gun, my man.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:01 (3306 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I've got one with double down and field scout. I don't know what people are talking about when they say they don't have enough special ammo in crucible. I start out with more than I need.

Neither, actually. Just Range and a smidge more impact.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:14 (3306 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

The Chosen:
Rate of Fire
Impact
Range
Stability
Reload

Prudence II:
Rate of Fire
Impact
Range
Stability
Reload

Sorry, I got confused

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:37 (3306 days ago) @ CyberKN

MY Chosen has higher Stability and Reload because of my perks. You're absolutely right about the base stats.

To be fair, I would love YOUR chosen :)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:50 (3306 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I'm gonna steal it. And blue's shadow price too.

To be fair, I would love YOUR chosen :)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:54 (3306 days ago) @ iconicbanana

You can pry it from my cold, dead hands (or when Cody gets a Hawkmoon... whichever comes first ;p)

Timur's Lash: Flared Magwell + Reactive Reload?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 16:53 (3306 days ago) @ dogcow

Is that combo worth it? Here's what the gun has:

* Hip Fire
* Lightweight / Flared Magwell / Explosive Rounds
* Reactive Reload

I'm tempted to keep it, but I'm not sure about it. Maybe I should unlock those & try it out...

The combo of Flared Magwell and Reactive Reload will make reloading this puppy lightning quick... but even so, I find the default TL clip size to be just too small. I'm not a huge fan of hip fire either, but all of this is just personal preference. With TL, I try to play to its strengths: It hits like a truck. Any perks that add to the range/stability/clip size are particularly desirable to me. Faster reloads help, of course (which is why I re-rolled mine about a dozen times until I landed a combo of Outlaw and Field Scout).

Reactive reload grants no bonus to reload speed.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:06 (3306 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Got my perks mixed up

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:10 (3306 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

Highest aim assist sniper in the game. Great gun!

by Funkmon @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 18:18 (3306 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

My new Efrideet's Spear

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 23:08 (3306 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I figured I'd use it mainly in PvE, since Prudence II is just unbeatable in PvP.

Mine rolled:

1. Arc
2. Performance Bonus
3. Field Scout
4. Clown Cartridge

Now I have a high powered non-extotic sniper I can pair with Thunderlord on Arc burn strikes, that can have a huge reserve of ammo that replenishes on kills.

Also got a drop of a secret handshake with shot package and send it! It's not Felwinter's, but it's close.

Highest aim assist sniper in the game. Great gun!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 23:10 (3306 days ago) @ Funkmon

Ah, so that's why I do so well with it. Hawkeye scope adds even more apparently.

My new Efrideet's Spear

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 23:34 (3305 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I figured I'd use it mainly in PvE, since Prudence II is just unbeatable in PvP.

Mine rolled:

1. Arc
2. Performance Bonus
3. Field Scout
4. Clown Cartridge

Now I have a high powered non-extotic sniper I can pair with Thunderlord on Arc burn strikes, that can have a huge reserve of ammo that replenishes on kills.

Also got a drop of a secret handshake with shot package and send it! It's not Felwinter's, but it's close.

Send it? O_o are you sure?

Hammer Forged, most likely

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, April 30, 2015, 23:47 (3305 days ago) @ CyberKN

The Vanguard Secret Handshake has that roll. Insane. Grenadier also makes it hilariously fun to use as a Warlock in the Abyss. Shoot, shoot, shoot, throw Vortex/Solar Grenade for safe spot, reload, repeat.

My new Efrideet's Spear

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, May 01, 2015, 13:00 (3305 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Mine rolled:

1. Arc
2. Performance Bonus
3. Field Scout
4. Clown Cartridge

What scope did you get? I had the same roll last night but didn't have Ambush so I rerolled it

I bought two at the end of the night and rerolled them trying for some good ammo bonuses. I ended up with these two rolls:

Efrideet's Spear #1
1. Void
2. Ambush
3. Spray and Play
4. Field Scout
5. Firefly

Efrideet's Spear #2
1. Void
2. Ambush
3. Rodeo
4. Field Scout
5. Outlaw

I usually don't care about the elemental damage on a mainly PvP weapon. But I'm excited to add a high impact void weapon to my stable. Depending on how thing work out, I may end up rerolling #1 to try for ambush, double down, field scout, clown cartridge.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread