Naraka W/Shoot To Loot! For Sale Now! (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 03:37 (3285 days ago)

A Rare Scout Rifle with the Shoot to Loot(shooting any ammo box picks it up, PERFECT for Nightfalls and Raids) is on sale from the Gunsmith right now. Hurry, there's only 2 hours left to get it!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/di7xgikcpdftibv/Snapshot_20150430_003601.jpg?dl=0

Wow, thanks!!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 03:42 (3285 days ago) @ Morpheus

Been looking for one of these for a while…

Naraka W/Shoot To Loot! For Sale Now!

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 04:34 (3285 days ago) @ Morpheus

Since launch I've accumulated about 9 or 10 scout rifles with Shoot to Loot. Both greens and blues. I admit, I've almost never actually used them. It's a cool idea in theory, but I rarely find I can't just run around collecting ammo.

by Up North 65 @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 05:16 (3285 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

void burn winters run, sit up top w/ praydeths (or what have you) and snipe away

Templar cheese, hard mode Crota.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 11:37 (3285 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Basically the only two uses for me. The rest of it, I find it's easier to use a heavy ammo synth or icebreaker.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:11 (3285 days ago) @ Funkmon

Basically the only two uses for me. The rest of it, I find it's easier to use a heavy ammo synth or icebreaker.

Or infinite ammo with white nail :-p

by DreadPirateWes, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:00 (3285 days ago) @ Cody Miller

But ammo just respawns if you have 0.

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:12 (3285 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

Not always! (Doesn't on Nightfall, for example.)

Plus, even when it does, it takes a bit (30 seconds? 45? I can't remember). You have to stay alive with no ammo for this much time to get the new stuff. :)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 17:16 (3285 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Not always! (Doesn't on Nightfall, for example.)

Plus, even when it does, it takes a bit (30 seconds? 45? I can't remember). You have to stay alive with no ammo for this much time to get the new stuff. :)

It only refills you using ammo that's been dropped on the ground.

Which, when you think about it, makes this gun's perk redundant.

Makes Solo Nightfall runs / cheesing MUCH easier

by Monochron, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 12:04 (3285 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Really, it opens up different gameplay styles that are nearly impossible due to lack of ammo.

Makes Solo Nightfall runs / cheesing MUCH easier

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Saturday, May 02, 2015, 16:14 (3283 days ago) @ Monochron

Really, it opens up different gameplay styles that are nearly impossible due to lack of ammo.

Yeah, I know, and I have given them a shot a few times. It's just this alternate play style holds little advantage for me. More often than not I find that I can just run out and collect the ammo.

For me that tends to be quicker than; menuing, switching weapons, aiming at ammo, menuing, switching weapons again.

I understand the appeal, it just isn't that appealing to me.

+1

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, May 02, 2015, 16:44 (3283 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:11 (3285 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Since launch I've accumulated about 9 or 10 scout rifles with Shoot to Loot. Both greens and blues. I admit, I've almost never actually used them. It's a cool idea in theory, but I rarely find I can't just run around collecting ammo.

You used to be able to use a high rate of fire gun to shoot the same pickup multiple times before it vanished. You could easily max your heavy off of one drop. Fixed now though.

WOW

by TheeChaos @, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 11:04 (3285 days ago) @ Morpheus

What a hidden gem!

Need that perk on some legendaries!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:10 (3285 days ago) @ Morpheus

A Rare Scout Rifle with the Shoot to Loot(shooting any ammo box picks it up, PERFECT for Nightfalls and Raids) is on sale from the Gunsmith right now. Hurry, there's only 2 hours left to get it!!

Question:

Do people ACTUALLY use this perk? Is it worth it to switch to a blue scout rifle, shoot ammo, then switch back to your elemental primary? Seems like way more trouble than just killing dudes and running over the ammo.

This is an honest question.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:13 (3285 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Question:

Do people ACTUALLY use this perk? Is it worth it to switch to a blue scout rifle, shoot ammo, then switch back to your elemental primary? Seems like way more trouble than just killing dudes and running over the ammo.

This is an honest question.

Only in Nightfalls and Raids. I don't do it, but I know plenty of people that fill their heavy ammo during Crota Hard from thrall corpses, which while Crota is center is very dangerous.

Very useful

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 21:27 (3285 days ago) @ Xenos

Only in Nightfalls and Raids. I don't do it, but I know plenty of people that fill their heavy ammo during Crota Hard from thrall corpses, which while Crota is center is very dangerous.

I only got my first StL scout a couple weeks ago, but I've found them pretty useful in a pinch. If I remember that they're there, that is.

It seems like the Boomers up in the side towers for the Crota fight drop heavy like nobody's business, so a StL scout makes grabbing that ammo a simple affair. Especially useful on a Hard Mode run when Crota's being a jackass glitchmonkey and heavy ammo gets to be scarce.*

*I've never bothered with the heavy ammo trick because I expect it to be patched out sooner or later.

Edit: This is a perk that I would expect MIDA Multitool to have. I'm hoping they think to add it later. :)

Yes for the MIDA quip

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, April 30, 2015, 21:30 (3285 days ago) @ Beorn

Edit: This is a perk that I would expect MIDA Multitool to have. I'm hoping they think to add it later. :)

So much this. "Multitool", people. Not "common Scout".

An Honest Answer

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:14 (3285 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No.... it's not worth it to ME.

I tried this early on in the game and never bothered to keep using it. This is partly due to the slow load times on the 360. but besides that, it's just not worth it except for in a few rare circumstances. Icebreaker/invective will reload your secondary. And strange coins are so abundant at this point that Heavy Ammo synths are dirt cheap.

All The Time!

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, April 30, 2015, 14:59 (3285 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't think it was a good thing to have. You're not just shooting primary ammo--heavies and specials are needed, too! I can't tell you how many times my Crota Raid group has been trapped somewhere with no ammo of any kind, complaining that they can't run out there and get it. I switch to my Naraka, pop some boxes, and I take down Crota first. Also, great for Nightfall as well. Switching back and forth may be tedious, but it's extremely worthwhile.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread