one thing no one has mentioned (Destiny)

by Raflection, Friday, May 08, 2015, 21:29 (3297 days ago)

What's the story with new sparrows???

Also, like TDB release, will players who bought expansion pass early get any kind of nice reward from bungie?

one thing no one has mentioned

by Earendil, Friday, May 08, 2015, 21:48 (3297 days ago) @ Raflection

Also, like TDB release, will players who bought expansion pass early get any kind of nice reward from bungie?

I could really use with a faster one. I want a sparrow so fast it's hard to control.

That said, it could be that system limitations have put a sort of soft cap on sparrow speed. Bungie has said that the host for an area switches on average every 7 seconds. If everyone were moving in and out of open areas twice as fast, the host switching may not keep up. Also, Destiny attempts to pre-load the areas next to you, but if you can get through a second faster than you can preload, you'll start seeing the load-lag for more frequently.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 08, 2015, 21:52 (3297 days ago) @ Earendil

You can already see the effects of speed on loading. Just try riding a sparrow from The Divide to Rocket Yard and you get a loading pause almost every time since the transition area is so short. You'd see that even more often if you could go even faster.

Also..

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, May 08, 2015, 22:04 (3297 days ago) @ Raflection

Are the Speaker and Eva getting new inventory?

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 03:47 (3297 days ago) @ Ragashingo

You can already see the effects of speed on loading. Just try riding a sparrow from The Divide to Rocket Yard and you get a loading pause almost every time since the transition area is so short. You'd see that even more often if you could go even faster.

If you spawn on Venus and immediately head towards the Ember caves on Timebreaker, you'll get caught in midair while the game loads the area. It's odd that you get spawned in a Load bridge between two other areas...

Yeah, it happens in a lot of places

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, May 09, 2015, 13:22 (3296 days ago) @ Korny

I'm pretty sure I know every load zone's limit by now. :p

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 14:01 (3296 days ago) @ Raflection

I'd love to see some new sparrows introduced. Others have already mentioned the potential problems with raising the max speed of a sparrow beyond what we already have, but there are still plenty of things that can be done to add some variety:

* New models: The community has created some fantastic photoshop proposals for fun new sparrow models... I'd love to see something along those lines added to the game.

* New contrail colors: Yes, we can create legendary sparrows with different color contrails already, but it is a stupidly expensive process. How about giving us a few we can earn as drops?

* Different contrail effects: how about a sparrow that leaves a smokey, flaming contrail behind it instead of the usual effect?

* New behaviors: What about a sparrow with a single boost that matches the top speed of Timebreaker's double boost, while the other trigger can be used for tumbler-like rolls and flips?

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

more ideas

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 14:20 (3296 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

+ bouncier physics, a floatier ride
+ different braking settings
+ cloaking
+ different gestures

more ideas

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, May 09, 2015, 14:53 (3296 days ago) @ kidtsunami

+ actually fly

Nope. Not OP at all. :p

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 18:57 (3296 days ago) @ Earendil

Bungie has said that the host for an area switches on average every 7 seconds.

That's amazing. I always assumed the public bubbles were server-hosted.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 19:08 (3296 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

passenger support for rocket race

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 19:08 (3296 days ago) @ Raflection

What was the reward for buying Expansion pass early?

The Tumbler, no?

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, May 09, 2015, 19:16 (3296 days ago) @ Vortech

- No text -

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, May 09, 2015, 19:26 (3296 days ago) @ Vortech

Kinda. Kinda not. Moment to moment AI is peer to peer hosted, maybe your Xbox is host or maybe someone else's is but physics and AI will always be on someone's Xbox within your bubble. Other things like did a new wave of enemies spawn or did a public event start are hosted on Bungie's servers. It let them keep PvP type fluidity while still allowing for complex high level stuff to be tracked by the dedicated servers. And it scales really well because the dedicated part only needs to care about objectives and stuff while player Xboxes handle the precise positioning and gameplay.

^ this

by Raflection, Sunday, May 10, 2015, 20:08 (3295 days ago) @ ZackDark

- No text -

Oh. By "early" I thought you meant before release.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Monday, May 11, 2015, 18:29 (3294 days ago) @ Raflection

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread