Bounty Time...Time. (Recruitment)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, May 14, 2015, 15:29 (3269 days ago)

I don't know about you, but bounties are tedious and repetitive. Even mundane. But even the most boring parts of Destiny become fun with someone to do them with. They can help you with a difficult one, split up and multi-task towards a goal, or even someone to just talk to. Therefore, I propose we start a feature somewhat like the FTB (or at least a Google Spreadsheet) for volunteers for a partner or group Bounty Run.

Now I know it's impossible for everyone to be on Destiny every day. That's why Guardians will offer themselves in 2-hour shifts. I know two hours is a long time, but I consider that to be just enough time to get all three characters' bounties done between the two/three of you, hmm?

You can volunteer for as many shifts as you like. None of them are mandatory, these are just open invitations. If you're interested, post the following:

• Your main console
  • Your shift availability(If you play around 9:30 or so, say 9-11. Round down and use that as your two hour slot)
  • Your time zone (or xone, whichever you prefer)
  • Your "open-ness"/privacy policy. For instance, someone can send you invites no matter which game you're on("Open"), or if you're only accepting invites when on Destiny("Destiny Only") or ONLY when you're on Patrol("Closed to Patrol"--Not Recommended)
  • Bounty preference(Vanguard/Crucible/Eris/Exotic)

Hopefully we can have a nice big solid lock of availability so that people no longer have to do bounties alone!

Anyone up for publicizing a Google Spread to list for Bounty Times?

Bounty Time...Time.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, May 14, 2015, 16:55 (3269 days ago) @ Morpheus

it's impossible for everyone to be on Destiny every day.

Speak for yourself. :P

I feel like doing this would actually make the game more of a chore since we have shifts. If I am doing bounties, I'm listening to an audiobook or Ted Nugent songs about killing things, but if there's someone on my friends list online who I think wants me to hang out with him/her, I'll send an invite his or her way. Surely the friends list has this utility, doesn't it?

Bounty Time...Time.

by petetheduck, Thursday, May 14, 2015, 17:04 (3269 days ago) @ Morpheus

Now I know it's impossible for everyone to be on Destiny every day. That's why Guardians will offer themselves in 2-hour shifts. I know two hours is a long time, but I consider that to be just enough time to get all three characters' bounties done between the two/three of you, hmm?

I feel exhausted just reading this, because I've been there/done that. I decided to cut back instead (just started a thread about it). Bounties just for one character is much more pleasant and manageable.

Bounty Time...Time.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, May 14, 2015, 18:36 (3269 days ago) @ petetheduck

Again, it doesn't have to be all ten bounties for all three characters.

I just thought of this as a "Player X will likely be online at this time, they don't mind having you around or getting invites, willing to help or accept help with bounties". That's pretty much it. I know that's pretty much what the friends list is for, but sometimes not everyone is on. Which is what made me think of this.

Bounty Time...Time.

by petetheduck, Thursday, May 14, 2015, 18:57 (3269 days ago) @ Morpheus

Again, it doesn't have to be all ten bounties for all three characters.

I just thought of this as a "Player X will likely be online at this time, they don't mind having you around or getting invites, willing to help or accept help with bounties". That's pretty much it. I know that's pretty much what the friends list is for, but sometimes not everyone is on. Which is what made me think of this.

Sounds similar to the idea I had that got shot down to have a "dorking around online" pool under FTB you could throw your gamertag into to let DBO people know you're online right now and up for whatever.

Bounty Time...Time.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Saturday, May 16, 2015, 04:17 (3268 days ago) @ petetheduck

Maybe we can appeal or something. Maybe even make a mini-site of our own. Plenty of Destiny fans have done it. Like a free host, say Google Sites? I don't know. I just thought it would be a good idea.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread