Trials of Osiris: Flawless Victory - Lighthouse Access (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 22, 2015, 16:37 (3270 days ago)
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:11

Ottermack and I went 9-0 in trials. Interestingly, if you do a flawless victory, the lighthouse opens up. it's a social space on Mercury with tons of rewards. This is in ADDITION to your trials package rewards. There's even a little cutscene that plays, but I wasn't recording!

It looks like an abandoned tower used by the disciples.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Trials of Osiris: Flawless Victory

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, May 22, 2015, 16:40 (3270 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That seems like a lot of open space and content for something a lot of Guardians are never going to be able to get to...

And I'm most likely going to be one of them.

by DreadPirateWes, Friday, May 22, 2015, 18:05 (3269 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

That seems like a lot of open space and content for something a lot of Guardians are never going to be able to get to...

I agree. Restricting access to maps/environments based on win streaks seems wrong. This means that no matter how hard they try little kids aren't going to ever get there, old people that play to relax aren't going to get there, that guy that's playing to rehab his brain isn't going to get there, etc. Those people might not need the most awesome weapons, but let them see all the cool places.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, May 22, 2015, 18:08 (3269 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

I agree. Restricting access to maps/environments based on win streaks seems wrong. This means that no matter how hard they try little kids aren't going to ever get there, old people that play to relax aren't going to get there, that guy that's playing to rehab his brain isn't going to get there, etc.

Those people might not need the most awesome weapons, but let them see all the cool places.

I'm glad you mentioned this, because I really do think people should get a reward. But I don't consider an area a reward. I will be very disappointed if I am unable to see that beauty of Mercury because I wasn't a good enough PvP player.

Which means....

by Earendil, Friday, May 22, 2015, 21:02 (3269 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

There are other ways to get there, or it won't stay that way.

There are also a lot of people that don't visit online forums that will never know it exists. This is unlike weapons, where you certainly know it exists, and if you don't have it and are killed by it you'll complain that if only you had it you'd be better ;-)

While I want to visit there, I also know that I recently found myself in an area the other day that I hadn't visited but once, and not since the Destiny launch. It was beautiful, and I had forgotten it. I never went back because there was no purpose to being there.

This new area might be cool to visit once, but let's be honest, until there is a point to being there, we'll only visit it once or twice and forget about it. A weapon though, assuming we like using it, we'll use repeatedly (or sell for some other benefit).

What are the rewards?

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 22, 2015, 16:44 (3270 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

What are the rewards?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 22, 2015, 16:52 (3269 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, May 22, 2015, 16:57

Exotic, Legendary, Etheric Light, Motes of light, trial coins, and glimmer. The chest gives you a shit ton.

Also, you get the weapon being sold with elemental damage. The (adept) version.

Trial rewards for wins on the card granted me two etheric light for the purple versions.

Okey dokey.

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:03 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Something about this doesn't sit right with me. You appear to need a flawless 9-0 streak to get there. Why go to that trouble when so few teams will make it? I mean you need to be really good to make it, surely.

With hard mode raid rewards or even the 35 POE rewards, you can get there with enough time invested and learning the mechanics. Anyone can do it, if he puts in the time to get good at it. However, there is no learning other players. No matter how much some people practice, they may never be good enough to actually do this well. I wonder why Bungie would lock so many people out like this.

I think this is entirely fine, honestly, and fitting for a great reward for a great act, going flawless, but it doesn't seem to be in keeping with Bungie's trends for endgame. I wonder if it will be changed any time soon.

Okey dokey.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:04 (3269 days ago) @ Funkmon

The area looks huge. I think it'll open up for something else at some point, with more content.

Okey dokey.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:07 (3269 days ago) @ CyberKN

The area looks huge. I think it'll open up for something else at some point, with more content.

There are energy barriers that wall off areas. There's a lot more to see than we can get to. Maybe next week if you go flawless again more opens up? Ottermack, wanna try again? :-p

We absolutely scoured the area and found no ghosts, but it looks like we can access the area permanently now.

Okey dokey.

by Ottermack, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:13 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I do want to try again!

Okey dokey.

by Monochron, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:16 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Well I ended up watching some videos of it so I'm spoiled now anyway, haha.

I will say that there is a secret area below the main section though. Doesn't seem to be anything in it, but it looks neat.

Okey dokey.

by Ottermack, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:17 (3269 days ago) @ Monochron

It is pretty neat they have a living area and a pit down there.

Shut the front door....how cool!

by CommandrCleavage @, USA-Midwest, Friday, May 22, 2015, 16:51 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by petetheduck, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:09 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Can you go back there--like does it open up on the director, or does it just bring you there after the 9th win and once you leave you can't go back?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:09 (3269 days ago) @ petetheduck

Can you go back there--like does it open up on the director, or does it just bring you there after the 9th win and once you leave you can't go back?

It appears we have permanent access.

So, When are you and Ottermack going to carry me through? ;)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:09 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

As soon as you can talk over mic. We needed it!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:13 (3269 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Who was your third?

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:15 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Friend of Otter's

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:16 (3269 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

I can make that happen... Maybe Sunday night?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:18 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Ottermack, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:19 (3269 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I could probably swing Sunday night.

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, May 22, 2015, 18:55 (3269 days ago) @ Ottermack

I could probably get online at about 11pm EST. Would that work for you?

by Ottermack, Friday, May 22, 2015, 19:02 (3269 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Sure.

Awesome. Cody, does this work for you?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, May 22, 2015, 19:09 (3269 days ago) @ Ottermack

Trials of Osiris, 11pm EST on Sunday Night? I'll make sure I can use my mic.

Awesome. Cody, does this work for you?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 22, 2015, 19:10 (3269 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Trials of Osiris, 11pm EST on Sunday Night? I'll make sure I can use my mic.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow, and will be gone for 8 days :-/

Be happy to when I come back on the 31st (which is a sunday).

No worries. Have a great vacation!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, May 22, 2015, 19:19 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

If Cody can't make it, I might be persuaded. :D

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Friday, May 22, 2015, 19:12 (3269 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

- No text -

Sounds good. We'll bang, ok?

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, May 22, 2015, 19:19 (3269 days ago) @ CyberKN

- No text -

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:09 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Wow, congrats...and F*** you :). That is neat though. I am glad doing awesome has some sort of reward. But damn, multiple etheric light kind of bums me out as I still don't have 1 after all I have done.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:10 (3269 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Wow, congrats...and F*** you :). That is neat though. I am glad doing awesome has some sort of reward. But damn, multiple etheric light kind of bums me out as I still don't have 1 after all I have done.

Three total:

One from the big chest on the lighthouse.
One from 8 wins package
One from 7 wins package.

Better..

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:12 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Ahh, so only 1 extra. That's not that big of deal then. As I said you deserve a reward for that feat.

This is going to make ToO more competitive too.

by slycrel ⌂, Friday, May 22, 2015, 17:46 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

How long does 1 match take?

by DreadPirateWes, Friday, May 22, 2015, 18:07 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

How long does 1 match take?

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 22, 2015, 18:31 (3269 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

We completed our ticket in about an hour, maybe a little more. Hard to tell exactly since we spent a lot of time exploring the Lighthouse.

Question About Consumables

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 22, 2015, 18:28 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Do the Trials of Osiris Consumables only apply to YOU. So I could get 9 "wins" before the rest of my team? Or does it apply to everyone that I play with?

Question About Consumables

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 22, 2015, 18:29 (3269 days ago) @ Xenos

Do the Trials of Osiris Consumables only apply to YOU. So I could get 9 "wins" before the rest of my team? Or does it apply to everyone that I play with?

Your ticket is your own, and so are your buffs.

Question

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 22, 2015, 18:45 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

How many Guardians can the Lighthouse hold? The tower, for instance, does 16 and the Reef does 9.

Question

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 22, 2015, 18:49 (3269 days ago) @ Ragashingo

How many Guardians can the Lighthouse hold? The tower, for instance, does 16 and the Reef does 9.

I don't know! It was just us… we joked that maybe it was empty because we were the first guardians there!

That looks neat, hope you don't get Vex Memes

by Durandal, Friday, May 22, 2015, 19:08 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I mean, it seems from the cards that the Vex have a constant, memetic and nano tech threat to anyone in close proximity….

Anyway that looks really cool, but I doubt I'll get there. The last time I did some 3v3 with friends we got utterly destroyed.

Probably a dumb question...

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, May 22, 2015, 19:11 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Was it nine actual wins or were you able to shave a couple of games off with the Favor and Boon of Osiris?

-Disciple

by DreadPirateWes, Friday, May 22, 2015, 19:12 (3269 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Can you buy favors while you're in progress? Like use one, go back to reef buy another, use another, go back to reef, etc.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 22, 2015, 19:26 (3269 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

Can you buy favors while you're in progress? Like use one, go back to reef buy another, use another, go back to reef, etc.

According to a couple people on Reddit Favor and Mercy can only be bought one, but Boon can be bought after each game. However the Boon is gone after one game, even if you lose, so it is a gamble.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 22, 2015, 19:27 (3269 days ago) @ Xenos

According to a couple people on Reddit Favor and Mercy can only be bought one, but Boon can be bought after each game. However the Boon is gone after one game, even if you lose, so it is a gamble.

Wait, really? That means you could do this in as little as 4 wins!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, May 22, 2015, 19:29 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I was just doing the math myself... certainly makes a perfect victory seem a little more attainable.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, May 22, 2015, 19:31 (3269 days ago) @ Xenos

Hmmm...Sounds like it would be worth the gamble to me. If that works, you could make it to the lighthouse in four wins. I don't know that I've ever won 9 games in a row in PvP, but four sounds totally possible.

-Disciple

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Friday, May 22, 2015, 21:24 (3269 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Not to mention the one that erases losses.

BUY ALL THE BOONS

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 22, 2015, 19:23 (3269 days ago) @ DiscipleN2k

Was it nine actual wins or were you able to shave a couple of games off with the Favor and Boon of Osiris?

-Disciple

No, we had 7 wins. We started with a win thanks to the buff, and our first game counted as two wins thanks to that buff. Basically after the first game, we were 3-0. So definitely buy them.

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, May 22, 2015, 19:26 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

-Disciple

No, we had 7 wins. We started with a win thanks to the buff, and our first game counted as two wins thanks to that buff. Basically after the first game, we were 3-0. So definitely buy them.

Rock on! I figured that was the case, but wanted to make sure. Thanks for the info!

-Disciple

Well, Im never going there

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, May 22, 2015, 22:36 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Im good at Crucible, but not that good. I just about got the chestpiece with my guys. We'd do pretty well against most teams, especially if we started outside, but we just couldn't handle teams that pushed that back corner with shotguns. I guess in hindsight we should have just bailed in the opposite direction, but the few times we tried we ended up shooting into the sun, which is terrible.

The main issue seemed to be how to separate groups. Killing one guy is great and all, but he can be revived again so quickly unless he was stupid and tried to bum-rush us.

We did it too! Got solar handcannon!

by Funkmon @, Saturday, May 23, 2015, 04:36 (3269 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Funkmon, Saturday, May 23, 2015, 04:41

Where is the hidden room people are talking about?

Oh, nevermind, found it.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, May 23, 2015, 04:46 (3269 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by Funkmon, Saturday, May 23, 2015, 05:01

NM, found the hidden room. It is under the beginning stairs.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread