First PoE 35 completion. (Destiny)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 06:01 (3278 days ago)

Been saving a key to use on my first PoE 35 run. Did that tonight with Dread and Zero Point. I was very excited until the moment that glorious lid popped open to reveal...!

A shotgun. A Queens legendary shotgun. That I would half to reroll to get anything good on...

Suffice to say, I was somewhat bummed. :/

PS: We didn't use Ghalleroooorns, so it took us about 2 hours from start to finish. There were some very frustrating moments, but also some pretty clutch plays. Overall, lots of fun, but a bit peeved at the drops.

PPS: Zero got the Elder Cipher...

First PoE 35 completion.

by petetheduck, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 09:55 (3278 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

A shotgun. A Queens legendary shotgun. That I would half to reroll to get anything good on...

I'm swimming in Queen's weapons. It seems to be the only real thing you get from the big chest. I'm starting to wonder if I should just stop using my keys. Her weapons don't even seem that good. I got her pulse rifle 3 times now.

PS: We didn't use Ghalleroooorns, so it took us about 2 hours from start to finish. There were some very frustrating moments, but also some pretty clutch plays. Overall, lots of fun, but a bit peeved at the drops.

I think the Gjallarhorn strategy isn't viable this week because it's arc burn this time. I hear arc snipers are the way to go + Weapons of Light bubble.

First PoE 35 completion.

by TheeChaos @, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 11:46 (3278 days ago) @ petetheduck

im swimming in the same stuff. Literally every drop I have got from the PoE chest has been a duplicate except for Hygiea Noblesse. BUT THEN I GOT ANOTHER HYGIEA!!! ARGH

Keys are just a shot at an Exotic imo

by Monochron, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 12:13 (3278 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

First PoE 35 completion.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 12:51 (3278 days ago) @ petetheduck

I think the Gjallarhorn strategy isn't viable this week because it's arc burn this time. I hear arc snipers are the way to go + Weapons of Light bubble.

Yeah, by the end of the fight I was using Angel of Light and a 331 Arc Longbow to get hits on him when he stayed far away from us (Read, all of the time). On the rare occasions he got close I'd switch to a 365 Thunderlord or Fatebringer.

I'm key-poor, any tips?

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 14:30 (3278 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I've only ever gotten the key from the story line.

Yesterday I ran all the new bounties. I was able to grab each ether chest 2x. I have never gotten keys.

What's the secret? What's the best place/way to get keys?

I'm key-poor, any tips?

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 14:32 (3278 days ago) @ marmot 1333

I'm key-poor, any tips?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 14:39 (3278 days ago) @ Revenant1988

That's basically it. There is no strategy other than to run them a lot. I've seen a couple people claim that doing certain things will make them more likely to drop, but it's all rubbish.

I haven't farmed them intentionally, but I have completed every related "wanted" bounty that's come out so far (including the ones from the week before HoW) on all 3 characters, and I have seen a key drop a grand total of once. One player, out of all the people who have been around for those events near me, got a key. Once. So, needless to say, I'm not counting on it. Honestly, I think you're just going to make yourself miserable chasing that particular carrot. There are more productive ways to get items to drop.

So sad I didn't think to keep a bounty slot open

by DreadPirateWes, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 16:09 (3277 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka
edited by DreadPirateWes, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 16:13

Chewbaccawakka and I forgot to keep bounty slots open. Maybe that was going to be our reward... instead we basically got nothing that won't be piling up in the vault in two weeks (an etheric light + weapon and armor cores).

I really enjoyed that fight despite the failures. It takes some real coordination to get it right. My main tip for anyone trying it tonight (besides keeping a bounty slot free) is to concentrate all fire on adds. They spawn in waves every 30 seconds or so, so you can have some peice and quiet to gather yourself.

The next time I run it I think I will use Fatebringer, arc LDR, and Gjallarhorn. We stalled out on boss damage and I think gjallarhorn would do more damage overall than what I was doing with Thunderlord.

I'm key-poor, any tips? -- Forget about keys

by DreadPirateWes, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 16:12 (3277 days ago) @ stabbim

Tip: Forget about farming keys. Be happy when wolves appear, but it's better to go kill Crota or Atheon if you need an exotic. The big chest does not contain gear worth its time investment. You get the legendary primaries with solar/void/arc immediately after killing Skolas -- NOT from any of the chests.

by marmot 1333 @, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 16:16 (3277 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

Cool.

I find it interesting that they made a big deal about no weekly lockout; you just have to have the keys!

But at this point, weekly access to the big chest would actually be more generous.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 16:39 (3277 days ago) @ marmot 1333

It's also worth considering that the PoE bosses themselves can drop keys on the challenge modes.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 17:11 (3277 days ago) @ stabbim

It's also worth considering that the PoE bosses themselves can drop keys on the challenge modes.

And the regular chests can drop keys in any PoE, include matchmade.

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 17:44 (3277 days ago) @ Xenos

[image]

Hadn't heard that yet.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 19:19 (3277 days ago) @ stabbim

Yep. I got a key from the right side chest on a 28 matchmade PoE run the other day. Had that happen a couple of times now, actually.

Bounties don't go to the postmaster?

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 19:22 (3277 days ago) @ DreadPirateWes

- No text -

Not those ones :(

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 19:23 (3277 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread