High Moon Studios to support Destiny development (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 18:16 (3282 days ago)

High Moon Studios is looking to hire people in an effort to support Bungie in development of Destiny. If you don't know who High Moon Studios is, they helped developers develop a few games for platforms not handled by the main developers. For example, High Moon Studios was behind developing Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for PS3 (you can probably tell that they are owned by Activision).

Thank you for this.

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 18:16 (3282 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Optimistic

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 18:26 (3282 days ago) @ Xenos

High Moon is one of my favorite smaller dev shops of the last few years. Their work on the Transformers games (as well as the Deadpool game) worked well within the universe they were put in charge of. Still the best Transformers iteration since the Bayformer movies popularized the series again.

I don't know what they will be doing for Destiny in this case, but I imagine it will be similar with how Certain Affinity supported Halo pre and post 343.

Optimistic

by yakaman, Thursday, May 28, 2015, 00:44 (3281 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

High Moon is one of my favorite smaller dev shops of the last few years. Their work on the Transformers games (as well as the Deadpool game) worked well within the universe they were put in charge of. Still the best Transformers iteration since the Bayformer movies popularized the series again.

I loved Transformers: War for Cybertron more than any man should. Goddam, that was a great MP experience.

Thanks for the heads up!

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 18:33 (3282 days ago) @ Xenos

LOVED their transformers games. They were fantastic!

Thanks but

by ChrisTheeCrappy, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 18:38 (3282 days ago) @ Xenos

Unfortunately, I haven't worked on 2 shipped games. God I hate requirements.

Taking over DLC?

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 19:03 (3282 days ago) @ Xenos

Perhaps High Noon Studios will take over DLC releases after "comet" while Bungie focuses on Destin' 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Given their expertise

by Earendil, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 20:35 (3282 days ago) @ Chappy

Perhaps High Noon Studios will take over DLC releases after "comet" while Bungie focuses on Destin' 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Given their expertise in cross platform development, it seems more likely that they'll be giving Bungie a hand with the four platforms that Bungie is committed to. If they can offload some of that work, Bungie devs can spend more time on new content, such as Destiny 2 or DLC.

Given their expertise

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 20:58 (3282 days ago) @ Earendil

Given their expertise in cross platform development, it seems more likely that they'll be giving Bungie a hand with the four platforms that Bungie is committed to. If they can offload some of that work, Bungie devs can spend more time on new content, such as Destiny 2 or DLC.

This would be my guess as well. Bungie designs the content, High Noon makes it work on all of the platforms. Having optimization experts for each platform with loads of experience is a HUGE help in software development.

Given their expertise

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 21:56 (3282 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Yup, I'm leaning this way too. Respawn did the same thing with Titanfall - they developed the XBone version and someone else did the 360 port. It seemed to work out pretty well, other than a slight time delay between content.

Given their expertise

by HavokBlue, California, Friday, May 29, 2015, 00:13 (3280 days ago) @ Earendil

That seems odd given the call for a mission designer.

High Moon Studios to support Destiny development

by car15, Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 22:55 (3282 days ago) @ Xenos

Seems like Bungie is getting awfully cozy with Activision.

The cynical part of me (which is most of me) sees another buyout in the not-too-distant future.

High Moon Studios to support Destiny development

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 29, 2015, 09:43 (3280 days ago) @ car15

Seems like Bungie is getting awfully cozy with Activision.

The cynical part of me (which is most of me) sees another buyout in the not-too-distant future.

I think not. Bungie's been there, done that, and worked hard to get unbought.

“I got stupid, the money was too good.”

by Warbow, Friday, May 29, 2015, 10:45 (3280 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 29, 2015, 10:55 (3280 days ago) @ Warbow

At that point in their history I think the money was required.

by Warbow, Friday, May 29, 2015, 11:41 (3280 days ago) @ Kermit

Yes, Microsoft was necessary. I was actually referring to a possible sellout to Activision.

I'd be shocked.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 29, 2015, 12:13 (3280 days ago) @ Warbow

- No text -

Me too. Same reason.

by Funkmon @, Friday, May 29, 2015, 12:37 (3280 days ago) @ Kermit

- No text -

Me three.

by car15, Friday, May 29, 2015, 16:52 (3280 days ago) @ Funkmon

After giving this some more thought, it seems very unlikely.

But it does dovetail with some of the rumors that Activision has been influencing policy and decision-making at Bungie.

Rumors are just rumors, but still...

It's something to watch.

Me pfhor

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, May 29, 2015, 17:03 (3280 days ago) @ car15

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread