All About the Benjamins

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 12:32 (4013 days ago)

Doesn't this article essentially confirm perpetual DLC?

If you're just selling a game, then you know exactly where all the money is coming from - the $60 price tag. I believe Activision said Destiny will not have microtransactions. So what's left?

Perpetual DLC. Either that or Bungie Pro is going to be their monetization model. Hah!

Bungie's deal with Activision can be summed up in the words of Lando Calrisian:

"This deal gets worse all the time."

All About the Benjamins

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 12:51 (4013 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Multiple DLC's seem likely, but it mightn't necessarily last for long. Not gonna go check out the link now, so correct me if some missing information points in another direction.

All About the Benjamins

by Axelrod vK, NC, USA, Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 13:07 (4013 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think the general public feeling is that true micro transactions are cheap and scammy, anyone who uses apps are usually turned off by them. Their purpose is to deceive people into pressing a button to have more fun because their game is not fun already. Therefore there is no way we see things like 'buy more coins to unlock this better set of armor'. Tacky.

What we will see is a new game every two years (and a large Comet DLC in the off years), and this will not be free. That seems like plenty of cash to fuel world domination to me

All About the Benjamins

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 13:48 (4013 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Xenos, Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 13:55

If you're just selling a game, then you know exactly where all the money is coming from - the $60 price tag. I believe Activision said Destiny will not have microtransactions. So what's left?

Perpetual DLC. Either that or Bungie Pro is going to be their monetization model. Hah!

Bungie's deal with Activision can be summed up in the words of Lando Calrisian:

"This deal gets worse all the time."

I don't think it confirms perpetual DLC as much as what we already knew from the early documents, which is there will be multiple DLC items between titles. Publishers do usually have someone in charge of trying to decide when releasing DLC will be most profitable, for example, which fits into the idea of "monetization modeling." There might be more DLC than that, but all we have is that phrase, which in my opinion doesn't tell us anything new.

All About the Benjamins

by kapowaz, Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 15:14 (4013 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Only if you put any stock in the value of something somebody puts on their LinkedIn profile. You know how people like to inflate the significance of their job titles or previous roles to make themselves sound more important? Well, that.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's starting to get a little boring hearing negative things about a game we know so little about, based purely on extreme speculation and tea-leaf reading. I have stopped paying attention to Destiny news because there isn't any and yet you're still posting these complaints. How about you focus on something a little more positive next, instead?

All About the Benjamins

by Sg ⌂ @, East Coast, USA, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 10:57 (4012 days ago) @ kapowaz

Only if you put any stock in the value of something somebody puts on their LinkedIn profile. You know how people like to inflate the significance of their job titles or previous roles to make themselves sound more important? Well, that.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's starting to get a little boring hearing negative things about a game we know so little about, based purely on extreme speculation and tea-leaf reading. I have stopped paying attention to Destiny news because there isn't any and yet you're still posting these complaints. How about you focus on something a little more positive next, instead?

This. Even if Destiny does have some sort of DLC/microtransactions, it would be far too early to form static opinions about it.

All About the Benjamins

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 15:58 (4013 days ago) @ Cody Miller

[image]

Lol, you're awesome. +1

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 16:05 (4013 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Haha

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 17:21 (4013 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

All About the Benjamins

by Leisandir @, Virginia, USA, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 05:19 (4013 days ago) @ Revenant1988

The funny thing is that in that episode, he was right.

Theory on "monetization"

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 19:39 (4013 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Guardians of Destiny pointed out a video talking about this very subject by MoreConsole on Youtube that pointed out what Activision has done in the past. While I don't like the idea, it wouldn't ruin the game for me if what he talks about was implemented.

The irony of customization

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 15:11 (4011 days ago) @ Xenos

Guardians of Destiny pointed out a video talking about this very subject by MoreConsole on Youtube that pointed out what Activision has done in the past. While I don't like the idea, it wouldn't ruin the game for me if what he talks about was implemented.

The irony of this sort of customization is that it's expression in the worst possible way, in the sense that you're expressing yourself through consumption rather than creation.

You think that bacon skin makes you unique? There's thousands of other people who have it too. All you have to do is spend $1. Hardly an expression of uniqueness, and is really just its own sort of conformity.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 15:27 (4011 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The irony of this sort of customization is that it's expression in the worst possible way, in the sense that you're expressing yourself through consumption rather than creation.

You think that bacon skin makes you unique? There's thousands of other people who have it too. All you have to do is spend $1. Hardly an expression of uniqueness, and is really just its own sort of conformity.

Yeah, I don't think most people are trying to be unique though honestly. For example, I don't think anyone is under the impression that the Master Chief armor they bought for their XBox Live Avatar is "unique" they just think it's cool. Buying it because people do or do not have it seems ridiculous. If you like it and have expendable money that's the reason to buy it. The main reason I've never bought something like that is because I've never thought the skins or anything are cool enough to justify the $1-$5 that various games and services charge for them. A major part of that being I think they should be unlockable in the game anyway without having to pay.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 16:07 (4011 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Hardly an expression of uniqueness, and is really just its own sort of conformity.

Yes well, so is spending the money on the game in the first place. But then, conformity does not always equal bad.

by Leisandir @, Virginia, USA, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 18:00 (4011 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Not a defence of DLC, but of customization: most people don't sew their own clothes, but still manage to make an expression of personality via dress.

You want videogames to be the biggest, freeest sandbox in the universe, and there are some games trying to do that, but they can't all. It's one of the most basic rules of art: restrictions force interesting choices. On my own, I might never have come up with the awesome costume my hypothetical City of Heroes superhero wears, but because I'm restricted by what is available, I'm able to make it personal and badass using tools that somebody else made.

All About the Benjamins

by Quirel, Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 20:19 (4013 days ago) @ Cody Miller

*Shrugs*

I don't have a problem with that. It all depends on the quality of the product.

So what?

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Tuesday, April 30, 2013, 20:56 (4013 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This is pointless scaremongering over the potential negative connotations of some guy's vague job description. We haven't had a lot of solid information to discuss lately, but come on. Everything has context.

All About the Benjamins

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 01:53 (4013 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm happy to pay for more content for a game I love as long as it doesn't break the experience.

So far I've been very disappointed by the overall experience of DLC multiplayer maps for Halo. As the titles have matured, and more and more DLC is added, it's difficult to get matched with fellow DLCers without being in a DLC only playlist.

This results in really not much playtime on maps that I payed for.

It also introduces the problem where when I convince a lot of my friends to get a few games of Halo in, but they haven't purchased the DLC, all of a sudden we're having a hard time getting matched since they don't want to bother buying DLC just to hang out for a night.

I'm curious to see how Bungie approaches these issues, especially given the interconnected nature of the game.

"Hey, want to pop over to Mars and make a raid on the new Cabal fortress that popped up in the exclusion zone?"

"Nah mate, don't have the DLC, I guess I'll just hang out with randoms, or I can force you to play old content"

I have faith in you Bungie

All About the Benjamins

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 08:50 (4012 days ago) @ kidtsunami

I'm happy to pay for more content for a game I love as long as it doesn't break the experience.

So far I've been very disappointed by the overall experience of DLC multiplayer maps for Halo. As the titles have matured, and more and more DLC is added, it's difficult to get matched with fellow DLCers without being in a DLC only playlist.

To be fair, this is probably going to be a non problem in Destiny. I mean, if you're in a DLC area, and matchmaking happens behind the scenes, it's only going to pair you up with folks in that area anyway.

Ridin

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 10:57 (4012 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Eh, I can still see it going wrong.

Some randoms see you rollin, they gaming, patrolling trying to match your party.
Tryin to match your party.
Your DLC is so load.
You're waiting.
They hoping match your party.

But it only works for a moment? because you're trying to go to a DLC zone? They get some immersion breaking UI saying "hey, you don't have the DLC to go where KidTsunami is going, goto the marketplace NOW to download it!!!"

Yeah not cool.

Best part is I typed out each line of the first chorus because I honestly got caught up in it.

CAVEAT, Just talking about how bad it could get, I'm very hopeful that it won't be like above

Ridin

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 11:32 (4012 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Eh, I can still see it going wrong.

Some randoms see you rollin, they gaming, patrolling trying to match your party.
Your DLC is so load.
You're waiting.

But it only works for a moment? because you're trying to go to a DLC zone? They get some immersion breaking UI saying "hey, you don't have the DLC to go where KidTsunami is going, goto the marketplace NOW to download it!!!"

Yeah not cool.

Best part is I typed out each line of the first chorus because I honestly got caught up in it.

CAVEAT, Just talking about how bad it could get, I'm very hopeful that it won't be like above

Well since they have said there won't be menus and that matchmaking will be seamless, I doubt it'll be like that. I am actually kind of doubting that release date DLC (if there is any) will be new locations. If they wanted to make it seamless it seems the easiest way would be to just not have it as an option when you are IN the actual game and have DLC "management" outside of the game. Pure speculation of course.

Fair enough

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 11:54 (4012 days ago) @ Xenos

even talking about what MAY go wrong with the game gets me excited about it.

Fair enough

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 12:29 (4012 days ago) @ kidtsunami

even talking about what MAY go wrong with the game gets me excited about it.

Haha, I know what you mean. Even though I look like a crazy person arguing on this forum sometime I enjoy myself thoroughly.

All About the Benjamins

by Leisandir @, Virginia, USA, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 05:21 (4013 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Most games you get for sixty bucks, you can beat in a week and be done. Destiny is supposed to keep us going for quite some time before D2 comes out. I think that DLC is an accurate phrase for what we'll get, but perhaps a more precise concept would be "expansion pack." Remember back in the day, when you'd buy Half Life and have tons of fun with it, and then buy Opposing Force and also have tons of fun with it? I don't think Bungie's gonna nickel-and-dime us, I think they're going to release some serious content with these packs.

All About the Benjamins

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 07:14 (4012 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I believe Activision said Destiny will not have microtransactions.

1. Where did they say this?
2. Why would you believe Activision?
3. What reason would they have to not include microtransactions, given it's already been proven to be an extremely successful model and it would mesh well with their selling points of weapon variety and customization options?

All About the Benjamins

by Oz Mills, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 08:22 (4012 days ago) @ Schooly D

Absolutely in agreement with point #3. It's already been shown to work pretty well with Planetside (in regards to a massively multiplayer FPS) so I think it would work fantastically here.

Add organised missions and an epic story to that, and I am quite moist with antici...

...pation!

All About the Benjamins

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 08:24 (4012 days ago) @ Schooly D

I believe Activision said Destiny will not have microtransactions.

1. Where did they say this?
2. Why would you believe Activision?
3. What reason would they have to not include microtransactions, given it's already been proven to be an extremely successful model and it would mesh well with their selling points of weapon variety and customization options?

In a few of the very early articles the news sources said there would be no microtransactions, but I have seen no quote from Activision or Bungie on that

All About the Benjamins

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 10:40 (4012 days ago) @ Xenos

In a few of the very early articles the news sources said there would be no microtransactions, but I have seen no quote from Activision or Bungie on that

Are you perhaps referring to subscription fees? Activision and Bungie did make a specific point about saying there wouldn't be recurring subscription fees for Destiny.

All About the Benjamins

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 10:51 (4012 days ago) @ Beorn

Are you perhaps referring to subscription fees? Activision and Bungie did make a specific point about saying there wouldn't be recurring subscription fees for Destiny.

Honestly I could have sworn I saw a couple of articles stating there wouldn't be microtransactions also, but I read about 50 articles that day, so I have no idea which one(s) said it if they did. This is a few months ago also so my memory may just be faulty. Either way I am 99.9% sure there was never any quote from Bungie or Destiny about microtransactions so either way I would say it's not confirmed.

All About the Benjamins

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 08:54 (4012 days ago) @ Schooly D

Let's see. Since 2006 console sales have been declining (and PC sales have been going up). I don't recall aggressive microtransactions in many, if any, games prior to 2005. People hate them.

So putting 2 and 2 together… is it possible that sales are slumping because people are tired of this microtransaction DLC bullshit that's common on consoles, but NOT on the PC?

It seems to me that it is not that successful from that perspective. Do they have anything to do with one another? I don't know, but it's not impossible.

All About the Benjamins

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 09:39 (4012 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Let's see. Since 2006 console sales have been declining (and PC sales have been going up).

1. 2006 was the beginning of the current console era
2. Do you mean PC sales, or PC game sales?
3. PC games typically feature microtransactions even more prominently than console games, especially in MMOs

So putting 2 and 2 together… is it possible that sales are slumping because people are tired of this microtransaction DLC bullshit that's common on consoles, but NOT on the PC?

You've already identified in your post that you're aware correlation does not equal causation, so I don't need to bring that up.

I think we might be arguing using different definitions. I define "microtransactions" as things like "you can buy this armor for 3000 EXP or $3.50." I define "DLC" separately as I guess kind of a "packaged experience." More single-player missions, more multi-player maps, etc. A step between a full game and a microtransaction. I'll admit console games have more DLC, but PC games have more microtransactions.

The best evidence for the success or failure of the microtransaction model would come from comparing the revenue generated by two versions of the same game, one priced traditionally and one supported by microtransactions. Since that scenario is unlikely to ever actually happen, the next-best indicator is how frequently video game companies are adopting the model, to which the answer is "very." If the microtransaction model was a dud, it would have been abandoned quickly. Instead it's only becoming more and more prevalent. You could excuse small developers for experimenting with faulty business models, but not titans like EA and Activision.

For the record, I hate microtransactions and I hope Destiny doesn't have them. But it's fairly obvious the model is a huge success.

All About the Benjamins

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 10:13 (4012 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Let's see. Since 2006 console sales have been declining (and PC sales have been going up). I don't recall aggressive microtransactions in many, if any, games prior to 2005. People hate them.

[Bold is my emphasis]

If you are referring to the number of Computers purchased vs. that of gaming consoles you may be correct, but overall PC sales are actually going down. Desktops in particular are in decline and laptops are not fairing much better due to the popularity and versatility of tablets (not just ipads, but android and windows systems).

So putting 2 and 2 together… is it possible that sales are slumping because people are tired of this micro-transaction DLC bullshit that's common on consoles, but NOT on the PC?

It seems to me that it is not that successful from that perspective. Do they have anything to do with one another? I don't know, but it's not impossible.

If you are trying to argue that gamers are flocking to high end desktops I'd have to disagree with you. While PC gaming is still popular I struggle to think of it as mainstream as consoles have become.

Lastly, if we're going to go into populations, I'd say that your attention should be pointed to the tablet and other ultra mobile platforms- that is the new booming market that is going to eat into console AND PC gaming, and that model of micro-transactions in tablet based gaming is not only popular but quite successful. "Free to play" is the new model, and buying in game items is the source of revenue. I would fully expect consoles to head that way in a few years or on a modified system.

Fear not though, for as long as there are PC gamers there will always be free lobbies for them to gather and play to look down on console and tablet pleebs. It's just not as popular as perhaps you want it to be.

PC gaming requires a lot of time and attention compared to consoles, and tablets even less so compared to them both. Your average consumer and casual gamer is not going to go into a Micro Center or FRY's like you and I would- they'd also balk at the notion of needing to upgrade their rig every year just to keep playing the latest and greatest games. With a console, they just buy the games and dlc, and maybe a peripheral now and then. With a tablet they just download the free game and buy ingame content $1 a time as they wish (being pretty general there, as it depends on the game obviously).

To each their own, Cody, but I think you need to make your peace with the fact that your average Joe consumer & casual gamer doesn't seem to mind paying for content in spurts as they want it. Yeah, in the long run they could end up blowing hundreds of dollars on in game currency or content in farmville than you would in say, (IDK, spit-balling here) Star Craft or something but thats their choice.

The consumer is going to go for whatever gives them the less sticker shock on first glance, and in that scenario the tablet and console will beat the PC. However, to your favor I would say, is that the average consumer is also an idiot and doesn't see whats wrong with paying $1 each time they want a skin or hat or smurf berry (for the game they probably paid nothing for) until they get their credit card bill and have to explain or justify why they blew $200 on something they can never tangibly hold.

Again, slice it any way you want, but it still comes down to preference and knowledge on the subject and your average casual gamer isn't as "with it" as the denizens here for example.

Vote with your wallet Cody.

All About the Benjamins

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 12:28 (4012 days ago) @ Revenant1988

[Bold is my emphasis]

If you are referring to the number of Computers purchased vs. that of gaming consoles you may be correct, but overall PC sales are actually going down. Desktops in particular are in decline and laptops are not fairing much better due to the popularity and versatility of tablets (not just ipads, but android and windows systems).

Sorry my wording was bad. Game sales for consoles are going down, where game sales for PCs are on the rise. Not the hardware.

All About the Benjamins

by Oz Mills, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 03:11 (4012 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The XBox 360 was released in 2005, and the PS3 was released in 2006.

The decline in sales of games would have something to do with the RELEASE of those consoles at around that time.

What you're seeing now is the long tail at the end of a console lifespan, where people buy less because they're less hyped. You end up with a few big releases, instead of people buying everything and its mother.

When the PS4 and next XBox come out, you'll see that spike again. But with gaming becoming more and more mainstream, it's always interesting to see when consumers throw up their arms and give up buying new specifically-branded boxes for under their TV...

All About the Benjamins

by Leisandir @, Virginia, USA, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 14:44 (4012 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I would argue that phone and tablet games have broadened the pool of people who could be classified as "gamers," but that they haven't attacked the market occupied by PC or console gaming in any significant way. If you like complex and well-built games, mobile really has nothing to offer. It's not a limitation of the platform, but of imaginiation: the people making games for mobile are either porting classics or rebuilding Facebook time-sinks; the first of those might appeal to us, but the second is really not a threat.

Also, re: upgrading your PC? I get a good 5-6 years out of a machine before it needs an upgrade, especially these days when the tech-plateau seems to be leveling off, at least for games. Unless you're trying to get games from the classic era to work, gaming on a PC isn't any more complicated than gaming on a console.

All About the Benjamins

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 01:59 (4012 days ago) @ Cody Miller

2006? I think your numbers are a bit off. The Wii's annual hardware sales numbers didn't peak until 2008 and the PS3 didn't peak until like 2010 and the 360 not until 2011. I haven't done the math (and I'm not including the DS or PSP here), but total annual console sales for this generation peaked in 2009. That total consoles sales are declining is perfectly normal. As I explained a few weeks ago, the console market is cyclical. The transition period from one generation to another is always a low point. New systems always start off with slow sales, then sales pick up speed, peak several years after launch (usu. 2-3; the PS3 and 360 are outliers in that they peaked 5 and 6 years after their launches), and start to decline, and then the next generation starts to renew the cycle. All told, more consoles have been sold during this past generation than in any prior generation (254 million vs. 211 million combined for all four sixth-gen consoles). Console sales are declining because nearly everyone who wants any of them has bought them. If the normal pattern holds — and it has held for every post-crash generation — console sales will start to rebound by the end of next year and reach their next peak somewhere about 2015-2016.

Given the cyclical nature of the console market, the rise of microtransaction-based DLC is obviously not a cause of the decline in sales, but it might be a symptom of it (or the two phenomena may be unrelated entirely). While DLC for console titles emerged during the sixth generation, it was the seventh generation that really saw it take off; you not only didn't see microtransactions before 2005, you didn't see much if any DLC at all for console games (the first Halo 2 map packs, which are the first notable pieces of console DLC I'm aware of, were released in April 2005). Microtransactions are just the latest evolution of DLC, and like all DLC is, at least in principle, created to generate more revenue to compensate for increased development costs and declining inflation-adjusted retail prices of software ("AAA" games can cost 100 times more to develop than their 16-bit counterparts, whereas in the past 20 years, inflation-adjusted game prices have declined by upwards of 50%). Whether said type of DLC is actually worthwhile and benefits the customer is another question altogether. We can argue the relative merits of microtransactions and other forms of DLC all day long, but it is clear that none of it is to blame for declining console sales. Console sales always start to decline several years into a generation, and the PS3 and 360 experienced steady growth long after the typical peak.

READ THIS CORRECTION

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 09:54 (4011 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

2006? I think your numbers are a bit off.

Read my correction. My wording was bad I'M TALKING ABOUT GAME SALES NOT HARDWARE SALES.

READ THIS CORRECTION

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Friday, May 03, 2013, 21:34 (4010 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Read my correction. My wording was bad I'M TALKING ABOUT GAME SALES NOT HARDWARE SALES.

Software sales follow the same cycle.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1303.pdf
http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps3soft_sale_e.html

READ THIS CORRECTION

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, May 04, 2013, 00:11 (4010 days ago) @ ShadowOfTheVoid

Software sales follow the same cycle.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1303.pdf
http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps3soft_sale_e.html

I'm too messed up right now to understand that. Do those facts completely refute my point? Explain it to me like I'm 12 because I can't process those charts right now.

READ THIS CORRECTION

by ShadowOfTheVoid ⌂, South Carolina, Saturday, May 04, 2013, 03:13 (4010 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm too messed up right now to understand that. Do those facts completely refute my point? Explain it to me like I'm 12 because I can't process those charts right now.

Just think of the console market in terms of ocean tides. High tide (peak sales) is towards the middle of a generation, while low tide is during the transition from one generation to another. We are at low tide right now.

This has been the norm since forever. The current decline in sales is perfectly normal and has little to do with the advent of certain "undesirable" forms of DLC. It was going to be like this regardless of anything else because the console market is cyclical like the ocean tides. If history is any indication, we'll be back at high tide around 2016.

All About the Benjamins

by Jillybean, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 15:55 (4012 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It seems like everybody's got a price. Makes you wonder how they sleep at night. When the sale comes first . . .

I give up. I can't do youtube embeds.

All About the Benjamins

by Kalamari @, Waiting for Ghorn, FB, and BH, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 20:46 (4012 days ago) @ Jillybean

I agree, a fool and his money are easily parted.

While I rather not see see microtransactions because I feel they cheapen the experience, if the core gameplay experience is rewarding I would probably overlook any horse armor in the game.

All About the Benjamins

by Oz Mills, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 03:04 (4012 days ago) @ Jillybean

Goddamnit Jill! Now I've gotta watch that again! It might've been watched, on repeat, on a recent flight...

All About the Benjamins

by Jillybean, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 09:10 (4011 days ago) @ Oz Mills

[image]

All About the Benjamins

by Oz Mills, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 15:24 (4011 days ago) @ Jillybean

It's a party in the USA!...

All About the Benjamins

by scarab @, Saturday, May 04, 2013, 01:39 (4010 days ago) @ Jillybean

It seems like everybody's got a price. Makes you wonder how they sleep at night. When the sale comes first . . .

I give up. I can't do youtube embeds.

Instructions

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread