Destiny Podcast Version 0

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 01:24 (4013 days ago)

So there's a destiny podcast on rampancy.

But we tried to record one before we made that one. Found it on my hard drive. Might as well share.

Do you have 2 and a half hours? This was the first go, raw and uncut. It's free flowing. It gets heated. It's nuts. We touch on some things not covered in the released podcast. If you want to hear what we're like in the moment with no editing, check it out.

Miguel shows up at 1:35:00

This entirely separate from rampancy.net. I take responsibility here.

http://www.bombingtheuniverse.net/audio/Destiny_Podcast_uncutV0.mp3

by BOLL ⌂ @, Sweden, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 11:56 (4012 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Imma b listaning 2 diz rite now mon. The Skype intro freaked me out as I use Skype a ton, hahaha. Interesting to hear the voices of people I imagined was only forum bots from the Interweb. Nice quality on the audio too, I can actually understand most of it. Cheers!

by BOLL ⌂ @, Sweden, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 14:53 (4012 days ago) @ BOLL

That was interesting, and long! Haha. I agree with much and disagree with some xD Looking forward to hearing more!

by Veegie, Wednesday, May 01, 2013, 20:04 (4012 days ago) @ BOLL

That was interesting, and long! Haha. I agree with much and disagree with some xD Looking forward to hearing more!

BOLL!

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 21:38 (3999 days ago) @ Veegie

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!
for reference this is the longest the forum will let a word be (including the exclamation point)

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Thursday, May 02, 2013, 00:12 (4012 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Thanks for that. Some interesting arguments on pretty weighty topics in there (the extent of publisher influence, ramifications of always-online, etc.).

Yeah, the reveal so far has been sparse, but as you guys mentioned: the big Halo reveals (from Macworld, to E3 2001, to New Mombasa) were all total manufactured bullshit. I'd rather get a small trickle of real, genuine glimpses at things they're currently working on than another fake showstopper.

Personally, everything Bungie has revealed about Destiny so far has been right up my alley and I kind of just trust them to make a pretty fun game after spending the last ten years hanging around here. I tend to be more interested in speculation about Destiny's story and gameplay possibilities, so most of the time I was feeling like Blackstar at 42:13, but it was definitely a fascinating discussion.

Looking forward to future podcasts from you guys.

by Miguel Chavez, Friday, May 03, 2013, 04:40 (4011 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

Thanks for that. Some interesting arguments on pretty weighty topics in there (the extent of publisher influence, ramifications of always-online, etc.).

As Cody said right at the end, it only really got interesting when I came on board. ;-) Before that it was like being forced to attend an economics lecture and two TA's were debating supply-side vs kenyesian.

Yeah, the reveal so far has been sparse, but as you guys mentioned: the big Halo reveals (from Macworld, to E3 2001, to New Mombasa) were all total manufactured bullshit. I'd rather get a small trickle of real, genuine glimpses at things they're currently working on than another fake showstopper.

You can claim the Halo reveals were fake at their core, but what they were *not* was imprecise setters of 'tone'. A bunch of screenshots, a few seconds of people running around, doesn't compare to seeing MC walking past injured soldiers as they say "Shit, it's the Chief!" and then later dual-wielding SMGs as he mows down a bunch of grunts {*paraphrasing/abridging of course}. Or the early MC where he's tapping on some panel, he alerts a bunch of elites, then hops in a warthog, at the end hijacking a banshee and flying past the Bungie flag. You got to see the coolness of the engine handling inside/outside environments seamlessly, of how the warthog handled driving across hilly terrain, and how the energy sword is badass, etc. The Destiny reveal, even when adding the Sony circus show, has yet to show *anything* even close to the same. It amazes me the level of fanatacism over interviews and basically concept art. CONCEPT ART!? If that's all it takes to get a boner, the world of gamers should be DDOSing deviantart.com 24/7, for crap's sake. And then to have FAN BASED CONCEPT ART BASED ON CONCEPT ART!? Is it any wonder my penis has shriveled to the size of a pea?

Personally, everything Bungie has revealed about Destiny so far has been right up my alley and I kind of just trust them to make a pretty fun game after spending the last ten years hanging around here. I tend to be more interested in speculation about Destiny's story and gameplay possibilities, so most of the time I was feeling like Blackstar at 42:13, but it was definitely a fascinating discussion.

I'm the opposite re: what has been revealed and it being 'acceptable' and it does not compute in my mind the level of acceptance from the diehards. But maybe that's where I'm mentally wired wrong = the more intelligent and rational I find my game dev - the more I put them up on a pedestal - the *less* I'm willing to get excited about on just *faith*. Bungie *already* had me interested with barely anything to go on, for the last 4-5 years as I knew they must be up to something. On Feb 17, I was looking for something more concrete than Jason Jones looking out of his element and talking awkwardly into a camera. The man's a game dev god, they should show him some fucking respect... but this all dovetails into my theory that Bungie is trying to wear a suit to this new party of the big players when they'd rather come in ripped jeans, a plaid shirt, and a bandana head wrap. Fuck, they'd probably just skip the party in the first place - they're too cool for that shit.

re: speculation, I can speculate too, and I did in this podcast. Of course it had to come in the last 5-8 minutes of the MP3 before the connection died! Real time weather/environment engine? How cool if it factors into our gameplay in 'real world' ways never before seen? Night time raids are de rigeur, but attacking that camp that's facing west is perfect during sunset (assuming earth-equivalent pole/solar orbit) as the sun is to our backs and in their eyes, messing up their optics. Or how about a cloak device that works *best* when the sun, at noon, is directly over head? With only a 5 minute window of cloaking perfection? Or under cover of a ferocious thunderstorm is best time to raid that camp with the metal rooftops so all the clattering covers your heavy boot footsteps? NOW THAT'S A FUCKING REVOLUTIONARY GAME! The fact that I have to battle to get this emotionally satisfying thought out while I'm surrounded by two game nerds as they try to inject 'oh, but how would that work if I'm in Hong Kong and my BFF is in London?? DERP!?" and is any surprise now that my crotch looks like a bird's nest with two eggs and a worm looking to leave?

I give Bungie props for peeking out of their comfort zone during this whole new marketing mission of theirs. The post-mortem on all this (the real post-mortem, not any manufactured spin) will be very interesting to read about in a few years.

The bottom line is I'm looking forward to hearing about/seeing this game. It hasn't happened yet. I'm a patient man though, I ain't going anywhere.

Looking forward to future podcasts from you guys.

I notice I reveal my hand in that podcast re: April 1.

- M

by Oz Mills, Friday, May 03, 2013, 07:10 (4010 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

I'm wondering if their in-engine marketing (or lack thereof) is due to the shitstorm after the Halo 2 reveal video and if they simply haven't got anything final enough to show yet, as they don't want to waste time on stuff that won't be used?...

Idle speculation, but just a possibility...

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 03, 2013, 08:15 (4010 days ago) @ Oz Mills

I'm wondering if their in-engine marketing (or lack thereof) is due to the shitstorm after the Halo 2 reveal video and if they simply haven't got anything final enough to show yet, as they don't want to waste time on stuff that won't be used?...

Idle speculation, but just a possibility...

Well to be fair they had deadlines that were put on them by other people with Halo 2 and Halo 3. There seems to have been a lot more negotiating for time with this contract with Activision since from what they said about ALL their old games (Halo 1 included)they were always released sooner than they wanted. The real point of this being, yes I think you're right and they wanted to make sure when they show the game it will be at least mostly reminiscent of what we end up playing.

by Oz Mills, Friday, May 03, 2013, 08:32 (4010 days ago) @ Xenos

I find it difficult to believe that the video we got wasn't specifically requested by the publisher, which is why we got the high-concept-art video we did, and why the talk at GDC was a worldbuilding one with plenty of pretty pictures and concepts/player-silhouette talk, rather than actual "content".

I'd love a mini in-engine movie as much as the next guy... I wonder how likely that is... it's not something I've had to be a part of yet.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, May 03, 2013, 08:40 (4010 days ago) @ Oz Mills

I find it difficult to believe that the video we got wasn't specifically requested by the publisher, which is why we got the high-concept-art video we did, and why the talk at GDC was a worldbuilding one with plenty of pretty pictures and concepts/player-silhouette talk, rather than actual "content".

I'd love a mini in-engine movie as much as the next guy... I wonder how likely that is... it's not something I've had to be a part of yet.

I don't disagree, I don't think that changes any of my points. I wouldn't even be surprised if Acitivion asked Bungie "When do you think the game will be done", "Oh I don't know, about a year", "Cool can you show something of it then?" I'm sure there may have been more pressure than that, but it seems like Bungie had a lot more say on when the game is going to be released and other details than with Microsoft.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, May 03, 2013, 09:48 (4010 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez
edited by Cody Miller, Friday, May 03, 2013, 09:51

The fact that I have to battle to get this emotionally satisfying thought out while I'm surrounded by two game nerds as they try to inject 'oh, but how would that work if I'm in Hong Kong and my BFF is in London?? DERP!?" and is any surprise now that my crotch looks like a bird's nest with two eggs and a worm looking to leave?

Do you think Bungie is the first developer to think of this? Why hasn't this already been done? You gotta think about implementation. You can wish for things all you want, but unless they can actually be fun there's no sense.

It's like the Portal Gun in Half Life. So many people want it, and you think it's cool. But it's not. Believe me, I know. It breaks the game. Place a portal way up on a building, and now you can one shot kill enemies by placing the other portal under them. It just breaks the game by being totally dominating and easy. Movement through levels is essentially unrestricted, so level design becomes difficult, if not outright impossible for an action game.

Hell, you could even argue the portal gun broke Portal 2!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, May 03, 2013, 10:35 (4010 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Hell, you could even argue the portal gun broke Portal 2!

Haha, really? I'd like to hear that one.

by Miguel Chavez, Saturday, May 04, 2013, 07:24 (4009 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Do you think Bungie is the first developer to think of this? Why hasn't this already been done? You gotta think about implementation. You can wish for things all you want, but unless they can actually be fun there's no sense.

You're talking gibberish. I don't care if Bungie isn't the first one to think of it. I don't care why it hasn't already been done. I don't care about implementation. I was speculating and expounding on something that got me excited about this (currently) vaporware of a game. It was a fun moment to speculate on something that could be fun.

Your Annette Benning to my Kevin Spacey. I'm getting drunk and romantic and charged up to pile into you, you start to complain about spilling wine on the sofa.

Oy vey!

- M

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, May 04, 2013, 08:11 (4009 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

Your Annette Benning to my Kevin Spacey. I'm getting drunk and romantic and charged up to pile into you, you start to complain about spilling wine on the sofa.

It's just the character I play man. Gotta have contrast.

by Miguel Chavez, Saturday, May 04, 2013, 08:15 (4009 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It's just the character I play man. Gotta have contrast.

I hear ya.

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Friday, May 03, 2013, 13:39 (4010 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez
edited by Stephen Laughlin, Friday, May 03, 2013, 13:52

As Cody said right at the end, it only really got interesting when I came on board. ;-) Before that it was like being forced to attend an economics lecture and two TA's were debating supply-side vs kenyesian.

"Ass kissers, the lot of them!"

Now that's an entrance. :)

You can claim the Halo reveals were fake at their core, but what they were *not* was imprecise setters of 'tone'.

I definitely appreciate that argument, but I'm saying the process of creating each of those demonstrations was also a pretty big timesink that may have been better spent actually working on real game mechanics rather than what amounted to an internal goal-setter. One could question whether the reveals created even more drive to push further and create a better final product than they would have otherwise, but who knows? It seems like a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Down the line, after release, there was always that point where they declassified the insanity that went on behind the scenes during the development process and we found they were NOWHERE NEAR the level of progress that the reveals implied, which would have been a major letdown if the public didn't already have the game in their grubby little hands by then. With the current size of the development team and all the leaks these days, I actually wonder if Bungie could have pulled off another "fake it 'til you make it" demo without facing down an embarrassing media shitstorm.

I give Bungie props for peeking out of their comfort zone during this whole new marketing mission of theirs. The post-mortem on all this (the real post-mortem, not any manufactured spin) will be very interesting to read about in a few years.

The bottom line is I'm looking forward to hearing about/seeing this game. It hasn't happened yet. I'm a patient man though, I ain't going anywhere.

I hear that. I'm sure there will be some interesting backstory to this whole piece. I'd wager that Bungie found themselves in an all too familiar situation, pressured to make a public entrance at a point where they weren't quite ready, and simply made a tough call: to repeat past mistakes by spending valuable resources on producing a dishonest bombshell demonstration, or gather genuine materials from their current build and just show the world a bit of what they're actually working on. I guess time will tell.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, May 03, 2013, 14:22 (4010 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

I hear that. I'm sure there will be some interesting backstory to this whole piece. I'd wager that Bungie found themselves in an all too familiar situation, pressured to make a public entrance at a point where they weren't quite ready, and simply made a tough call: to repeat past mistakes by spending valuable resources on producing a dishonest bombshell demonstration, or gather genuine materials from their current build and just show the world a bit of what they're actually working on. I guess time will tell.

Right. The game industry has grown and gotten more competitive since 1999. I think that as Bungie has gotten more ambitious, they've gotten more cautious, too, at least in terms of setting expectations. They're avoiding setting a trap for themselves.

A related point: I get this feeling that one goal for the mature Bungie is smart project management. Specifically, figuring out how to achieve their visions while retaining and not crushing the souls of the talented people they've attracted, in part by allowing them to have lives outside of their work. That's quite the hat trick in an industry that's infamous for grueling schedules.

by Miguel Chavez, Saturday, May 04, 2013, 08:04 (4009 days ago) @ Kermit

Right. The game industry has grown and gotten more competitive since 1999. I think that as Bungie has gotten more ambitious, they've gotten more cautious, too, at least in terms of setting expectations. They're avoiding setting a trap for themselves.

Which is a shanda.

A related point: I get this feeling that one goal for the mature Bungie is smart project management. Specifically, figuring out how to achieve their visions while retaining and not crushing the souls of the talented people they've attracted, in part by allowing them to have lives outside of their work. That's quite the hat trick in an industry that's infamous for grueling schedules.

I would love to see evidence of any of that. It is a great goal, I just don't think I've ever seen it mentioned even in passing. But maybe what you mean is mature=older and so yah as Bungie themselves gets older (the folks in the upper circles being parents and just older in general) then their sensibilities trickle down to the rest of the company's vision.

Don't tell Activision that. ;-)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, May 07, 2013, 22:06 (4006 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

I would love to see evidence of any of that. It is a great goal, I just don't think I've ever seen it mentioned even in passing. But maybe what you mean is mature=older and so yah as Bungie themselves gets older (the folks in the upper circles being parents and just older in general) then their sensibilities trickle down to the rest of the company's vision.

Well, here you go. I have seen asides hinting to this before, but I can't pinpoint those (one was from Jason, though). This from Rajeev Nattam seems on point:

Bungie is exceptionally friendly to families. Daycare, babysitting, time off, etc. Making a game like Destiny takes a lot of time and energy. Knowing that your employer cares about your family’s well-being is a good thing.

by urk, Saturday, May 18, 2013, 08:51 (3995 days ago) @ Kermit

Well, here you go. I have seen asides hinting to this before, but I can't pinpoint those (one was from Jason, though). This from Rajeev Nattam seems on point:

Bungie is exceptionally friendly to families. Daycare, babysitting, time off, etc. Making a game like Destiny takes a lot of time and energy. Knowing that your employer cares about your family’s well-being is a good thing.

The schedule can still be pretty rough, especially when you have a dev milestone collide headlong into a major industry showcase event, but there's no doubt that the team is way more cognizant than ever about employee health and well-being. Things have steadily and significantly improved since the Halo 2 days. Bungie is a great place to work - easily the best place I've ever worked.

As far as benefits go, I'm constantly and consistently gobsmacked by all the packages and perks Bungie offers. I'll spare myself from having to type out the full list; I'd have to dedicate half a day to ensure I was being thorough enough. Perhaps the best term I can use to describe the full range of benefits is "thoughtful." That's pretty atypical for any industry, and I feel fortunate every single day I walk through the doors, even on the days that I know I'm not going to walk back out until the next morning.

:)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 20:00 (3991 days ago) @ urk

Your report pleaseth me immensely, young man.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, May 16, 2013, 01:38 (3998 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

Which is a shanda.

Don't tell Activision that. ;-)

I'd say we have seen one very important piece of evidence for that: the decision to become independent, own their own IP, and set their own release schedules.

Looking at Halo 2, you could say that a big part of the problem in that game's development cycle was spending so much time and effort on the Earth City demo that ended up not resulting in an enjoyable gameplay experience, and then having to refactor in order to keep going. The smart choice at that point would have been what Bungie wanted to do-- take another year, make the game right, and release later. MS doubled down on the release date instead, and as a first party developer, Bungie had to stick to the schedule.

All the release dates in the Activision-Bungie agreement that was revealed were tentative. Activision is acting as the publisher. They don't own the IP. There's no indication that they control the release schedule.

I think it's not too hard to make a guess that, in general, with Halo materials, the game was actually not as close to being "done" as the promotional materials would indicate at the time those materials are released (even if you factor in the knowledge that most materials were released weeks or even months after their creation, or were created with stable builds of the game that were much older than currently being worked on.)

I don't think it's too hard to believe that even if it's a year or more out, Destiny is still closer to being "done" than what we've been shown so far, which is relatively little. I do think Bungie is being very, very smart about managing expectations at this point.

by Miguel Chavez, Saturday, May 04, 2013, 07:59 (4009 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

"Ass kissers, the lot of them!"

Now that's an entrance. :)

Heh, thanks.

You can claim the Halo reveals were fake at their core, but what they were *not* was imprecise setters of 'tone'.

I definitely appreciate that argument, but I'm saying the process of creating each of those demonstrations was also a pretty big timesink that may have been better spent actually working on real game mechanics rather than what amounted to an internal goal-setter. One could question whether the reveals created even more drive to push further and create a better final product than they would have otherwise, but who knows? It seems like a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Exactly which is why I don't understand the cautious approach. As you state, there's a tipping point between 'let's show them/us what we WANT this game to be like' and 'm-f'er we're wasting so much time on this and who knows if even half of this will be in game!' Internally, I would hope a company in the biz this long has sussed out how to dance along that line.

The reveal might be that even if you spent 15 years working on a game, that commitment to a 'demo' is fraught with virgin-nervousness. Am I doing it right? Am I doing it long enough? Is she going to yell for the cops?

Down the line, after release, there was always that point where they declassified the insanity that went on behind the scenes during the development process and we found they were NOWHERE NEAR the level of progress that the reveals implied, which would have been a major letdown if the public didn't already have the game in their grubby little hands by then. With the current size of the development team and all the leaks these days, I actually wonder if Bungie could have pulled off another "fake it 'til you make it" demo without facing down an embarrassing media shitstorm.

You bring up another good point, that again puzzles me, kinda, in how it dictated their approach. Yes, when Halo 1/2/3 blah blah was shown, and then when those same games shipped, we could see what changed from conception to delivery. And more often than not, it was in a negative. Feature A was demo'd, but feature A was first on the chopping block.

Here's my point: HAVEN'T WE LEARNED OUR LESSON? After one or two games, isn't it NOW a mature sensible take that ANYTIME a demo is created, to not take it at as set in stone? Why should that one emotional problem we as gamers have with 'oh, you robbed me of my expectations' prevent a game company from ever showing their own hopes and dreams? Granted I'm talking in measures... an FPS demo'd that turns into a RTS game would be a surprise. But showing troop phalanxes and then not seeing it in game... really? That's the deal-breaker? It almost feels like Bungie would have to go to the lengths of creating a Bungie Labs wing where they can willy nilly show each and ever fevered dream they come up with, with no expectations of it appearing in any damn game because folks can't take a chill pill! The 'embarrassing media shitstorm' should be met with 'Well, that's how gaming dev goes. You shoot for the moon and then pull back until it's something manageable and shippable - and thank you for spending the last 7 years working on this until it was shippable and dammit I'm still having fun.'

And yes, I'll head you off at the pass: the above is a pipe-dream. Gamers mature and sensible? Pish posh!

Yep, and my only issue is that the former is a fireworks media event (that however dishonest as you label it, is a blood-pumping extravaganza), the latter is not. And the 'Bungie' that's lodged in the back of my head would've been upfront about it.

- M

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 22:21 (3999 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

Exactly which is why I don't understand the cautious approach. As you state, there's a tipping point between 'let's show them/us what we WANT this game to be like' and 'm-f'er we're wasting so much time on this and who knows if even half of this will be in game!' Internally, I would hope a company in the biz this long has sussed out how to dance along that line.

Maybe they have, maybe not. Maybe they decided it's too dangerous to even try, at least this early. Maybe they can't get the game to run for more than a few seconds without crashing or having horrible glitches.

You bring up another good point, that again puzzles me, kinda, in how it dictated their approach. Yes, when Halo 1/2/3 blah blah was shown, and then when those same games shipped, we could see what changed from conception to delivery. And more often than not, it was in a negative. Feature A was demo'd, but feature A was first on the chopping block.

Here's my point: HAVEN'T WE LEARNED OUR LESSON? After one or two games, isn't it NOW a mature sensible take that ANYTIME a demo is created, to not take it at as set in stone?

Sure, that's sensible and we have probably learned from those things, but there are new people getting into gaming every day, and they'll have the same kind of reactions a lot of us did when we were less mature.

Yep, and my only issue is that the former is a fireworks media event (that however dishonest as you label it, is a blood-pumping extravaganza), the latter is not. And the 'Bungie' that's lodged in the back of my head would've been upfront about it.

would've been up-front about what?

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 22:09 (3999 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

You got to see the coolness of the engine handling inside/outside environments seamlessly, of how the warthog handled driving across hilly terrain, and how the energy sword is badass, etc. The Destiny reveal, even when adding the Sony circus show, has yet to show *anything* even close to the same.

I agree

It amazes me the level of fanatacism over interviews and basically concept art. CONCEPT ART!?

What's wrong with concept art?

And then to have FAN BASED CONCEPT ART BASED ON CONCEPT ART!?

I really don't get what your issue is.

I'm the opposite re: what has been revealed and it being 'acceptable' and it does not compute in my mind the level of acceptance from the diehards.

I think you've just found one of the things where you're more stringent. This sounds like what I felt about some of their decisions. None of them are coming to mind at the moment but I remember it happening.

On Feb 17, I was looking for something more concrete than Jason Jones looking out of his element and talking awkwardly into a camera. The man's a game dev god, they should show him some fucking respect...

What do you mean?

but this all dovetails into my theory that Bungie is trying to wear a suit to this new party of the big players when they'd rather come in ripped jeans, a plaid shirt, and a bandana head wrap. Fuck, they'd probably just skip the party in the first place - they're too cool for that shit.

So why do you think they're doing this?

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, May 16, 2013, 01:42 (3998 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

It amazes me the level of fanatacism over interviews and basically concept art. CONCEPT ART!? If that's all it takes to get a boner, the world of gamers should be DDOSing deviantart.com 24/7, for crap's sake. And then to have FAN BASED CONCEPT ART BASED ON CONCEPT ART!?

Actually that does make me scratch my head as well. Clearly, what we have been shown so far as made some people excited to explore those spaces. I don't think we can even say we've been shown any characters.

At this rate, the volume of art assets created by the community may well rival that of the game itself before the game is even released.

That's sort of great, but it's also sort of nuts on some level.

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 21:41 (3999 days ago) @ Stephen Laughlin

I'd like a real showstopper more than either of those.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread