Hey guys, (Off-Topic)

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Sunday, May 31, 2015, 20:12 (3274 days ago)

I've been playing a lot of Destiny lately, and I'm loving it. In fact, I've been playing a LOT of video games lately. It's been oodles of fun, but I'm afraid I'm starting to develop some addictive tendencies with how I handle my gaming time.

In light of that, I think I'm gonna take a break. Actually, I know I am because I just packed up my xboxes and tv and put them away.

I've been having tons of fun with everyone I've had the pleasure of playing with, and I look forward to good times in the future after I've gotten my life more balanced. But for now I'll just pop my head in here from time to time to see what's going on. I don't know when I'll be back, but I've set some attainable goals for life-stuff that I want to accomplish first. Until then, thanks for the memories!

See you starside.

Hey guys,

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, May 31, 2015, 20:37 (3274 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I've been playing a lot of Destiny lately, and I'm loving it. In fact, I've been playing a LOT of video games lately. It's been oodles of fun, but I'm afraid I'm starting to develop some addictive tendencies with how I handle my gaming time.

In light of that, I think I'm gonna take a break. Actually, I know I am because I just packed up my xboxes and tv and put them away.

I've been having tons of fun with everyone I've had the pleasure of playing with, and I look forward to good times in the future after I've gotten my life more balanced. But for now I'll just pop my head in here from time to time to see what's going on. I don't know when I'll be back, but I've set some attainable goals for life-stuff that I want to accomplish first. Until then, thanks for the memories!

See you starside.

I've been thinking along these lines, too. I've had bouts of craziness with Destiny--more lost weekends than at any time since Halo 2.

If I can't find some balance soon, I'll need to take a break, too. (This week I've had a work a ton, and it feels okay not to get my Destiny to-do list done.)

All that's to say, I respect this post and wish you well. Good luck!

I know the feeling

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Sunday, May 31, 2015, 22:46 (3274 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

I had a bit of a... I want to say breakdown but that's too extreme, regarding the amount if my life Destiny is consuming. More than once it's turned into a second job, and I'm missing out on other parts of my life because of it. I think I'm going to try and limit my playtime to Saturday-Tuesday. That might seem like a lot, but it's a lot less than I'm playing now, which is every single day, 6 hours minimum.

That's not healthy.

I'll still be around over the weekends, and I'm certainly up for any Deeply Flawed activities, but I wont be around as much during the week.

EDIT: Totally hijacked your thread there. Sorry. I was initially just going to say I know how you feel and hope you find your balance, but started thinking about it more and realised I could benefit from cutting down too. Good luck to the both of us :)

Great time for a break with iron banner coming up.

by Funkmon @, Sunday, May 31, 2015, 23:27 (3274 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Iron banner can destroy weekends. I'm going to play in moderation myself as well for this, leveling up only one character.

Anyway, to dudes considering it, great time to do it.

Good choice.

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Sunday, May 31, 2015, 23:47 (3274 days ago) @ Funkmon

I was just thinking how I used to look a WoW gamers and think, "I can't imagine playing as much as they do."

Now, I do. There is so much to do in this game. I too play too much, but life situation have made it possible for me to do so. I can't imagine if I was working my normal job, how I would manage both sometimes. But enjoy your time off and we'll see you when you return.

Oh crap, I forgot about IB.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Monday, June 01, 2015, 00:26 (3274 days ago) @ Funkmon

1 hour a day, tops. Probably. Maybe. Erk.

LOL.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, June 01, 2015, 00:27 (3274 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

Hey guys,

by DreadPirateWes, Monday, June 01, 2015, 13:29 (3273 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

Nooooo, not my late night compadre! Actually, I have noticed that you've been online a lot and I understand the need to take a step back. Hope life gets straightened out quickly and we see you online soon -- but only occasionally.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread