The Destiny Movie

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, May 04, 2013, 13:19 (4019 days ago)

So I saw the Destiny movie and it was pretty good! Wonderful setting and cinematography, good acting, an emotionally satisfying if not slightly cliché ending. All around a good film. Congrats. Oh wait. Oblivion WASN'T a Destiny movie?!

Dang. I'll tell you what though Bungie. If you put an attractive redhead in Destiny who radios into your ear and always tells you how effective you and she are as a team, I'm sold.

The Destiny Movie

by GrimBrother One, Sunday, May 05, 2013, 11:19 (4018 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Dang. I'll tell you what though Bungie. If you put an attractive redhead in Destiny who radios into your ear and always tells you how effective you and she are as a team, I'm sold.

You and I... two peas in a cryo pod I tell you. ;-)

The Destiny Movie

by SonofMacPhisto @, Sunday, May 05, 2013, 14:00 (4018 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Soooooo Cortana?

Not a redhead

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Sunday, May 05, 2013, 14:21 (4018 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

I've always pictured Foehammer as one, though

Not a redhead

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, May 05, 2013, 16:32 (4018 days ago) @ ZackDark

Foe Hammer is black, so if she's a redhead it's dyed.

Not a redhead

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, May 05, 2013, 16:36 (4018 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Pssh, next you're going to tell me Emile is black too.

Not a redhead

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, May 05, 2013, 19:29 (4017 days ago) @ Leviathan

Pssh, next you're going to tell me Emile is black too.

I'm pretty sure it's mentioned explicitly somewhere, like in The Flood or something.

The Destiny Movie

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, May 05, 2013, 14:41 (4018 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Meh, watch MOON instead.

The redhead was fetching, though. As was the brunette.

The Destiny Movie

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Sunday, May 05, 2013, 16:33 (4018 days ago) @ Kermit

Meh, watch MOON instead.

The redhead was fetching, though. As was the brunette.

Heh, Moon + Planet of the Apes + I Am Legend/Omega Man/Last Man on Earth + a little Independence Day and you're covered. I loved the audio and visuals and most of the mysterious first half, wish the plot had something new to bring to the table, though. Maybe I would have liked it better if they just didn't try to answer all the questions. I tend to like cinema that occupies my brain after I leave the theater; I don't always need things in a bow. :)

Also a glass pool in the clouds? Has to be one of the scariest things I've seen in a movie for quite some time. I'd poop my trunks if I tried to dive into that.

The Destiny Movie

by scarab @, Monday, May 06, 2013, 02:25 (4017 days ago) @ Leviathan

Also a glass pool in the clouds? Has to be one of the scariest things I've seen in a movie for quite some time. I'd poop my trunks if I tried to dive into that.

I've always wanted a Zeppelin with a glass bottomed swimming pool. In fact what we saw in the film was, pretty much, lifted from one of my fantasies. In my fantasy the moon wasn't broken.

Broken moons are cool!

The Destiny Movie

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, May 06, 2013, 14:19 (4017 days ago) @ scarab

I've always wanted a Zeppelin with a glass bottomed swimming pool. In fact what we saw in the film was, pretty much, lifted from one of my fantasies. In my fantasy the moon wasn't broken.

Broken moons are cool!

Oh, yeah, I had forgotten about that. THAT was lifted from one of MY fantasies. :)

The Destiny Movie

by Oz Mills, Monday, May 06, 2013, 07:16 (4017 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm already planning on having a young lady with Scottish genes spouting sass in my ear about how I'm rubbish at hauling her ass out of the fire and how she's had to defend herself single-handed for the past 5 minutes (and doing pretty well at it, too!).

Jillybean? Me and you vs the world? :P

Any big spoilers here? Haven't seen it yet and I'm scared :(

by Cold, Monday, May 06, 2013, 20:11 (4016 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Not a single peep!

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, May 06, 2013, 20:19 (4016 days ago) @ Cold

- No text -

A few general ones, yes. I'd avoid, but I'm an extremist.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, May 06, 2013, 21:19 (4016 days ago) @ Cold

- No text -

Spoilers here and stuff similar to destiny

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, May 06, 2013, 22:17 (4016 days ago) @ Cold

Both have:

-Post apocalyptic landscape where a war destroys Earth.
-A clean, sleek blue and white color scheme.
-An Alien artifact hovering in place over Earth.
-Masked scavengers who roam the surface.
-Guns.

Things Oblivion had that destiny should:

-Flying drones
-Aforementioned redhead
-A cool flying machine / Motorbike
-No DLC

Oblivion had a budget of $120 million. I wonder if Destiny will be higher or lower than that…

by Avateur @, Monday, May 06, 2013, 22:34 (4016 days ago) @ Cody Miller

-Flying drones
-Aforementioned redhead
-No DLC

I was waiting for a Tom Cruise/Schooly joke and all I got was no DLC.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, May 07, 2013, 09:53 (4016 days ago) @ Avateur

-Flying drones
-Aforementioned redhead
-No DLC

Turning in my bungie.org cred card for missing that. :-(

by SonofMacPhisto @, Tuesday, May 07, 2013, 14:37 (4016 days ago) @ Cody Miller

-Flying drones
-Aforementioned redhead
-No DLC

Turning in my bungie.org cred card for missing that. :-(

codymillerisnotcanon.bungie.org

LOLOLOL

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Friday, May 10, 2013, 08:16 (4013 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, May 07, 2013, 17:24 (4016 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Schooly got to keep the bike. True story.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, May 16, 2013, 01:28 (4007 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Both have:

-Guns.

-Flying drones
-Aforementioned redhead
-No DLC

Oblivion had a budget of $120 million. I wonder if Destiny will be higher or lower than that…

I thought Destiny already had:

-Flying drones

That sphere floating next to a Fallen unit in the first released screenshot;

Which sounds like the Pike to me.

As for these:

Do we know it's a war?

I think we've seen that in some Destiny environments, but only a minority of them, whereas that seems to be the dominant palette for much of the promotional materials for Oblivion.

by Oholiab @, Monday, June 03, 2013, 21:52 (3988 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Both have:

-Guns.

-Flying drones
-Aforementioned redhead
-No DLC

Just saw the movie (yeah, I'm behind in my movie consumption) and immediately went here to see if anyone else had the same thoughts. I particularly felt like Morgan Freeman walked straight out of Destiny concept art.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread