Expected Race/Class Combo as of right now...

by GrimBrother One, Monday, May 06, 2013, 10:01 (4009 days ago)

So as of right now, what race and class combination is everyone looking at rolling with when Destiny hits our console shores? The Grim contingent has a conversation about this probably every day (no really), where we imagine all the antics we are going to get into (usually acting out the parts of course).

For me, I've bounced back and forth bewteen Exo Hunter and Exo Titan, but am pretty sure I'm going to go with Exo Hunter. Just really speaks to me for some reason.

What say you, DBO?

<3
Grim

TIGERMAN!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Monday, May 06, 2013, 10:31 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Oh wait... no tigerman... :(

So probably a Human Hunter. I'm not sure I want to be all glowy (awoken) or feel too much like a machine (exo). And I outfits for hunters look the best so far!

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Monday, May 06, 2013, 10:43 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Exo Hunter is what I'm leaning towards also. Though I will probably make a second as a Warlock just to see how cool the 'magic' system is. I've always been a player that tries to sneak and shoot people from distance, so hunter definitely seems to be the most obvious choice.

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Monday, May 06, 2013, 10:48 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Fo' def an Exo Titan. Those dudes just look too badass.

I'm a sucker for swaying cloth

by biggy ⌂ @, Tinseltown, Monday, May 06, 2013, 11:10 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

So Hunter or Warlock. Depends on what the people in my crew are playing as too.

by GrimBrother IV, Monday, May 06, 2013, 11:14 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

My choice, as of right.now, is based on a pure gut reaction, as Bungie seems to want, and that puts me as an Exo Warlock. Now, as soon as I heard there were races and classes to select, my mind immediately said, human soldier, because thats what I always did. But the moment that I saw the postcard of the Exo, slumped against the wall, blood running down his face,i was sold instantly. And when they shows a picture of Gandalf as a reference to the feel of the Warlock, the choice was obvious.

by Mr Daax ⌂ @, aka: SSG Daax, Monday, May 06, 2013, 12:09 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother IV

My choice, as of right.now, is based on a pure gut reaction, as Bungie seems to want, and that puts me as an Exo Warlock. Now, as soon as I heard there were races and classes to select, my mind immediately said, human soldier, because thats what I always did. But the moment that I saw the postcard of the Exo, slumped against the wall, blood running down his face,i was sold instantly. And when they shows a picture of Gandalf as a reference to the feel of the Warlock, the choice was obvious.

Dude, I felt the same thing. That postcard...*it spoke to my soul.* I have a hard time picking a class, just because I prefer being a jack of all trades. The Titan will probably be most like my current playstyle. However, I always had fun mixing it up with the magic in Skyrim and Oblivion, and, like you said, they had me at Gandalf.

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Monday, May 06, 2013, 12:06 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Human or Awoken Hunter or Human Titan. I'm not particularly infatuated or skilled in the magical arts, so guns are my specialty. Plus, I'm a sucker for fashionable tacticool cloaks.

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Monday, May 06, 2013, 12:24 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

I'm thinking an Awoken Warlock. Glowy alien space wizard FTW!

I'm with you, bud.

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, May 06, 2013, 19:43 (4009 days ago) @ Chewbaccawakka

- No text -

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Monday, May 06, 2013, 13:18 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Human/Exo Warlock, unless Awokens have space magic bonuses I can't turn away from.

After all, I'm a sucker for unlimited ammo and playing Warlock would be really bad if our magic didn't allow for continuous, near selfless use.

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, May 06, 2013, 13:45 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

I'm currently entrenched in the Human Hunter/Warlock camp. Just look sooo good right now!

by LostSpartan, Monday, May 06, 2013, 13:58 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Which ever combination gives me the greatest amount of super powers to kick butt with. So probably some sort of Warlock. Not quite sure of race yet though.

by SonofMacPhisto @, Monday, May 06, 2013, 14:01 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

The less bullets I have to fire, the better.

biotics4lyfe

This man gets it!

by LostSpartan, Monday, May 06, 2013, 15:41 (4009 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

biotics4lyfe

My thought process exactly haha.

by Oz Mills, Monday, May 06, 2013, 14:39 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Awoken Titan.

Such an underdog...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, May 06, 2013, 17:42 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Currently I'm thinking of doing a Human Hunter. Until I know more about the Awoken and Exo I feel more comfortable being a Human fighting to drive back the darkness and defend my home. I choose to be a hunter in anticipation of not being so squish as a Warlock, and having a good deal more access to Traveler Magic than a Titan.

I am iron, man

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Monday, May 06, 2013, 20:03 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Exo titan, allday evryday

by Stephen Laughlin ⌂ @, Long Beach, CA, Monday, May 06, 2013, 21:17 (4009 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

What say you, DBO?

If my experience from other video game RPGs holds true, it doesn't matter what I choose now because I'll probably agonize over every step of the creation process for several hours and redo my character a billion times before I end up just shoving all the appearance sliders to max and going with "Chunk Hardbeef", Human Warrior.

Then again, I usually enjoy playing support roles in class-based multiplayer games, so if there's a Priest/Medic equivalent in Destiny I'll probably choose that.

All things being equal, I could see rolling a human Hunter, rustling up a sweet looking trenchcoat and revolver, and whooping ass across the solar system future-noir style.

I won't have a clear idea until they tell us about race and class-specific abilities, really.

by Ukumio @, Australia, Tuesday, May 07, 2013, 03:31 (4008 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

At this moment in time, I am leaning towards Exo/Titan or perhaps a Awoken/Warlock. But I expect my current opinions to change, all I know at this point is that I won't be going Hunter, mainly because I suck at long range and feel a lot more comfortable with a shotgun in my hands.

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Tuesday, May 07, 2013, 14:33 (4008 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

My gut reaction was Awoken Warlock, so that is most likely going to be my first character. Knowing myself, however, I always make a large amount of characters, and if possible I'll also have a Human Titan and an Exo Hunter. But I'll have to wait and see before I can be sure.

by Jillybean, Tuesday, May 07, 2013, 15:23 (4008 days ago) @ GrimBrother One

Human warlock.

Unless the Exo or Awoken warlock give me come-to-bed eyes.

But I'm warlocking this shit up.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread