Wow. This forum software is even more amazing than I thought

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 06:34 (4082 days ago)
edited by JDQuackers, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 06:40

I just logged into the forum on my tablet. I saw the whole page was full of blue links (as I had never visited on this device).

I then signed in, and ... HOLY SHIT. All purple. No red arrows.

This is the ONE gripe that I always had with HBO, is I always tried to use it on the same device so that I was sure I wasn't re-reading posts.

I'm seriously amazed that these "cookies" are server-side and shared across devices

<3

EDIT: I'm not imagining this, am I?? Is this really what I described above?

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 06:50 (4082 days ago) @ JDQuackers

EDIT: I'm not imagining this, am I?? Is this really what I described above?

You're not imagining it. I've also noticed the state of the red arrows sticks across devices, as long as I log in.

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 07:02 (4082 days ago) @ stabbim

While I've seen "new post" markers across devices before, I'm more surprised at the purple links :)

It might not be that amazing to others, but I don't really use forums outside of HBO/DBO because I don't like the way they work. Maybe I'm just easily excited.

by Hypertrooper, Germany, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 07:37 (4082 days ago) @ JDQuackers

I went to the frontpage with my mobile phone and I noticed the page automatically adjusts the page to the screen resolution. It hyped me for the frontpage. Haha.

Yep. Made me happy. *NM*

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 08:22 (4082 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Most definitely happens. Got me ape-poo, too. *NM*

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Thursday, February 14, 2013, 08:25 (4082 days ago) @ JDQuackers

It even remembers your preferred forum structure! *NM*

by UnrealCh13f @, San Luis Obispo, CA, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 10:10 (4082 days ago) @ JDQuackers

by firestream, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 15:48 (4082 days ago) @ JDQuackers

That's a really good thing. I didn't notice till now though. I've written a number of forum systems and usually track reads in the DB so that no matter what machine you're on you will know which is unread, etc.

Back to the forum index
    RSS Feed of thread