I can read this at Work!

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 08:02 (4089 days ago)

So, I haven't been able to read HBO at work for about the last 3 years, the Barracuda filter picked up on the word "Halo" i guess and blocked it b/c of "gaming." I wonder how long it will take for "Destiny" to be associated with gaming, and it gets blocked as well?

I can read this at Work!

by bluerunner @, Music City, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 08:13 (4089 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

My company recently installed some ridiculously restricted filters. It looks like all bungie.org sites are filtered as "social network". It's a good thing this forum works well on my phone. :)

I can read this at Work!

by GeekInABox, Cleveland, Ohio, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 08:39 (4089 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Years ago (around Halo 3 launch time) my company blocked most all Halo sites.

Working in IT, I got to know the lad in charge of the filters/proxies. He had just bought a 360 and was looking for game suggestions. I got him playing H3, and it didn't take long for him to fall in love with the franchise. I made sure to casually point out to him that many usual Halo sites were blocked.

Shortly thereafter, those sites were no longer blocked, and remain open to this day.

I can read this at Work!

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Thursday, February 14, 2013, 09:02 (4089 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

We use barracuda here too and it is blocked for me :(

The really sad part? I am one of the admins here and I'm not allowed to unblock it.

I can read this at Work!

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, February 15, 2013, 18:08 (4087 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

Yeah, I can't. >:(

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread