The leak is real : Red Bull & Activation. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:20 (3247 days ago)

I have nothing to say. >_< *Sigh*

New Destiny Quest Is Exclusive To... Red Bull

The leak is real : Red Bull & Activation.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:30 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

[image]

This made me smile.

by ProbablyLast, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:46 (3247 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 12:50 (3247 days ago) @ bluerunner

I am laughing hysterically, and also feeling a little apprehensive.

Still one of my favorite images.

by LostSpartan, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:56 (3247 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

by LordOwen, Hiroshima, Japan, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:31 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'd say I was disappointed, but I don't want to sound like a broken record. So, instead: frak this mess.

Any word of UK availability?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:32 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by someotherguy, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:41

Us Brits want to savour the Delicious taste of Mountain Dew... Erm, Red Bull to get our amazing new Red Bull Quest too.

Seriously though, this isn't an unheard of practice, though it's usually only for cosmetics. I drink Red Bull anyway, so I'd be a bit annoyed if I can't even play the Quest because I live in the wrong country.

Edit: This is me in grin & bear it mode. Bare? Whatever. It's not great but it could be way worse. Wake me when I can buy a Gjallarhorn with every purchase of Double Cheese Cheesy Nik Naks with Cheese. I'll buy enough for everyone.

Quest only Exclusive until 1/1/2016

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 12:04 (3247 days ago) @ someotherguy

Then it's abailable to everyone according to this post.

You know what? That could have been a lot worse. Optional early access to a questline that will be made available to all who own the expansion, for free, at a later date. That's not terrible.

Thanks!

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 12:06 (3247 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

Quest only Exclusive until 1/1/2016

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 22:41 (3246 days ago) @ someotherguy

Then it's abailable to everyone according to this post.

You know what? That could have been a lot worse. Optional early access to a questline that will be made available to all who own the expansion, for free, at a later date. That's not terrible.

I hit a response I think is reasonable and agree with, I should probably stop before I feel bad about DBO.
*continues reading*

Don't forget cans exclusive to 7-11 For July too.

by PsychoRaven, Oklahoma, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:46 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by PsychoRaven, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:57

Don't forget cans exclusive to 7-11 For July too.

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:22 (3247 days ago) @ PsychoRaven

But 7-11 does not exist in my state! This is that Simpsons promotion all over! I WANT WINGS!

(srsly, i'm having a hard time getting worked up over this. Just like Halo and Mountain Dew, I'll just snag a can from a friend or the message board.)

what a load of crap

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:47 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

will the 50% buff stack on Iron Banner?

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:50 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

I would say I'm surprised. But anyone remember this gem?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:53 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

This was given away before launch to a small number of people.

[image]

I had one.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:16 (3247 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

you no longer do?!?!?! :(

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 16:26 (3247 days ago) @ Funkmon

I want one lol

Drank the dranks, dumped the box.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 23:22 (3246 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

Sigh :(

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 23:35 (3246 days ago) @ Funkmon

I love video game collectibles. That would have been cool to have,

Well, the dude I got it from kept the neat stuff.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 00:14 (3246 days ago) @ unoudid

I just got the pop and the box. Don't feel bad.

Still have the E3 version...

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 23:29 (3246 days ago) @ unoudid

(This is from last year, not this year)

[image]

Not as fancy as the press pack, but hey, whatcha gonna do?

(I wonder how long it'll take to eat through those cans...?)

Hmm... looking at the pins, I wonder if that was PAX, and not E3?

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 23:35 (3246 days ago) @ Claude Errera
edited by unoudid, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 23:39

Let me know if you want to sell that. Seriously.

Edit: is there any destiny labeling on the box? Or is it just a red bull box?

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 23:52 (3246 days ago) @ unoudid

Let me know if you want to sell that. Seriously.

Edit: is there any destiny labeling on the box? Or is it just a red bull box?

It's just a Red Bull box. The only Destiny labeling is on the bag it comes in (and the pins).

I don't know why I still have it. If there were an easy way to get it to you, I'd just do so. (Are you anywhere near Seattle, or will you be any time in the near future?)

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 00:02 (3246 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Thanks for the offer. I was supposed to be there a few weeks ago but those plans fell through. I'll be in San Diego for SDCC if you'll be there.

Speaking of SDCC, is there ever a get together there for the DBO website?

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 03:18 (3246 days ago) @ unoudid

Thanks for the offer. I was supposed to be there a few weeks ago but those plans fell through. I'll be in San Diego for SDCC if you'll be there.

Unfortunately, no. :(

Speaking of SDCC, is there ever a get together there for the DBO website?

Dunno - but you're welcome to start a thread. :)

You should set up a Bungie memorabilia museum.

by Funkmon @, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 00:13 (3246 days ago) @ unoudid

- No text -

You should set up a Bungie memorabilia museum.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 00:17 (3246 days ago) @ Funkmon

If I had more items I would. I have a bunch of Halo Collector friends that have collections to die for. I just have some random Destiny Stuff so far. As long as my GF doesn't kill me I'll keep picking up stuff here and there.

Red Bull is meh...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 12:07 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

If they really wanted my attention...

[image]

On the one hand, the pricing is akin to buying a couple of Mountain Dews for early access to a short story mission.

On the other hand, they're locking content that you paid for behind a paywall, requiring you to pay a bit more to unlock it sooner.

Terrible practice, but not a big deal when it comes down to it. Vote with your wallet, and all that jazz. I'm probably going to get it, especially if the XP buff does stack with other bonuses (Nightfall, IB, Telemetries)...

I Guess I'll Say It.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 12:28 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

While this is a real dipshitted low for Activision(I can already hear Ghost saying "These Fallen are more powerful than ever! Scanning body signatures...they're enhanced with taurine!"), I say why not just...pour it out?

(not on anything living, obviously)

Unless Bluerunner's message is prophetic(which--no, it most certainly is), you can just put on dark, obstructive clothing, pay with cash(so you don't end up accidentally associated with them), and pour it in a safe nuclear waste recycling facility.

And...maybe get tested too just in case.

I Guess I'll Say It.

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:13 (3247 days ago) @ Morpheus

"These Fallen are more powerful than ever! Scanning body signatures...they're enhanced with taurine!"

THE SECRET TO ETHER REVEALED

Whatever, I like Red Bull.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 12:33 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Leaving before you all find your pitchforks.

[image]

I don't get the hate. There's far worse energy drinks

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:04 (3247 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Though they missed a marketting opportunity with the Peregrine Greaves.

I hate the taste personally

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:07 (3247 days ago) @ someotherguy

Now the Raspberry Red Bull and the Tropical Red Bull are actually pretty good, but I doubt the promotion will be on those cans.

I also like dinner at Olive Garden

by Monochron, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:13 (3247 days ago) @ iconicbanana

But if I was required to buy dinner at Olive Garden in order to unlock functionality in a new program I downloaded . . . I would be incredibly confused. This segmentation of the product that Bungie/Activision is selling (and requiring payment for each segment) is getting ridiculous.

What is so terrible about the model where you pay for some DLC outright, and that's it. Why do I have to jump through an additional hoop to get a new mission? I'm sure Activision is making more money this way, or building stronger bonds with their partners, but they are also alienating their consumers. And the lack of a straight forward way to consume their product is getting mind boggling.

I also like dinner at Olive Garden

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:18 (3247 days ago) @ Monochron

You could just wait. Seems straightforward enough.

Yeah, I will be

by Monochron, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:15 (3247 days ago) @ Ragashingo

It's not that I am super eager to play the mission or very angry that I can't get it sooner. It's that I don't like this trend in how games are sold. I think this departure from simpler ways dilutes the experience for the consumer and leaves too much possibility for segmenting a great gaming experience.
Basically, I don't want this to be the norm. And it is moving closer to that.

I don't see why anyone would be surprised.

by DocOctavius, Orlando Florida, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 12:39 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Or outraged. It's a business, OF COURSE they will do stuff like this. Red bull is cheap.

Also why are people complaining about the lack of activities in destiny anymore? Maybe at launch but holy shit, there's too much to do for 99% of players. The linked article seems very whiny and written by an entitled youngster. Bah!!

I don't see why anyone would be surprised.

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 12:47 (3247 days ago) @ DocOctavius

Or outraged. It's a business, OF COURSE they will do stuff like this. Red bull is cheap.

I know right?!?! Don't mind me while I'm over hear eating my Doritos and drinking Mt Dew while I get my double XP in Halo

I'm pissed!

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 12:59 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Focused Light has a stupid name and just looks like a palette swap of Etheric Light!

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

Also yeah the fact that it's Red Bull exclusive for a while is dumb I guess.

If you're patient you can just wait for the quest.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:02 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Destiny and Destiny: The Taken King required to access Quest, sold separately. Quest exclusive to Red Bull promotion 9/18/15 – 12/31/15. No code required to access quest after 1/1/16. Destiny required to use Bonus XP, sold separately. Code for Bonus XP must be redeemed by 7/31/16.

I love this bit

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:57 (3247 days ago) @ Xenos

Destiny required to use Bonus XP, sold separately.

Someone's actual job is to make sure stuff like that gets included. Where do I sign up to be that person?

I love this bit

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:11 (3247 days ago) @ stabbim

Someone's actual job is to make sure stuff like that gets included. Where do I sign up to be that person?

I'm going to suggest Law School. ;-)

I love this bit

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:25 (3247 days ago) @ Beorn

I'm going to suggest NOT going to law school P)

I love this bit

by Kahzgul, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 19:33 (3246 days ago) @ Vortech

I'm going to suggest NOT going to law school P)

Hilariously, every lawyer in my family says not to go (there are 7). The one doctor says it's the most rewarding thing she's ever done in her entire life. I'm an editor and I say it's the easiest job I've ever had. I guess it all depends on your priorities.

I love this bit

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 22:47 (3246 days ago) @ stabbim

Destiny required to use Bonus XP, sold separately.

That person probably spends all day going over boring legalese for contracts for Red Bull or their advertising agency, you probably don't want to be that guy.

Patience is passé ...

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 16:31 (3247 days ago) @ Xenos

Why does Bungie hate us so?! blah blah blah

Ehhh. Move along, folks.

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:18 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

It's just gamefuel and doritos all over again. NBD.

Just be patient.

It's an opportunity to work on your discipline and self restraint.

Who needs Discipline when you have Voidfang?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:21 (3247 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

Ehhh. Move along, folks.

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:22 (3247 days ago) @ Revenant1988

Just be patient.

You are just using confusing words now.

But Intellect brings back my super faster

by MrPadraig08 ⌂ @, Steel City, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:23 (3247 days ago) @ Revenant1988

It's just gamefuel and doritos all over again. NBD.

Just be patient.

That's not all that it brings back faster

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:36 (3247 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

Redbull gives you wiiings shiiits!

:D

Is Self Restraint a new stat we have to manage?

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:37 (3247 days ago) @ Revenant1988

- No text -

It's always been there, you've just been ignoring it.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:37 (3247 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Self-Restraint is my dump stat.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:43 (3247 days ago) @ iconicbanana

Well, that and charisma.

Self-Restraint is my dump stat.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:53 (3247 days ago) @ someotherguy

Well, that and charisma.

Charisma is everything!

remember when paid sponsorships were supposed to pay for DLC

by CougRon, Auburn, WA, USA, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:41 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

How is this any different from Micro-transactions?

by TheGhostBrigade, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:59 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Just curious. There's outrage here, of course, but I haven't gotten nearly the sense of world-ending hate that 343 industries received for their flavor of this. At least not on these forums compared to HBO, don't tend to dip my toe in the Bungie or Waypoint forums.

It's different...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 15:31 (3246 days ago) @ TheGhostBrigade

In that it's worse, because it's not open to all players. I mean, I COULD get in on it, if I were willing to drive nearly 3 hours to the nearest 7-Eleven. Or buy it on eBay, or something.

Those northwest elites - they think everyone lives in a hippie city!

It's different...

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 15:59 (3246 days ago) @ stabbim

In that it's worse, because it's not open to all players. I mean, I COULD get in on it, if I were willing to drive nearly 3 hours to the nearest 7-Eleven. Or buy it on eBay, or something.

Those northwest elites - they think everyone lives in a hippie city!

Okay, I see your tongue in your cheek... but this is a ridiculous argument nonetheless.

It's only exclusive to 7-11 through July - after that, it'll be EVERYWHERE.

You can't USE the bonuses that come from purchasing Red Bull until September, when TTK comes out.

There is ZERO difference between the stuff I can buy in July in a 7-11 here, and you'll be able to buy in a Piggly Wiggly (or whatever the heck convenience store you have near you) in August, and I get ZERO benefit buying it a month earlier.

I suppose the argument could be made that I get to DRINK my Red Bull first - but after reading this forum, I was under the impression that 95% of players are just going to pour it down the drain anyway, so...

;)

It's different...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 16:09 (3246 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Okay, fair enough. To be honest, I hadn't even taken notice of the dates. It didn't really occur to me to check whether the exclusivity ran out before the codes could even be used, because... well, what's the point of that?*

*Obviously, this is a good thing overall.

It's different...

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 16:16 (3246 days ago) @ stabbim

Okay, fair enough. To be honest, I hadn't even taken notice of the dates. It didn't really occur to me to check whether the exclusivity ran out before the codes could even be used, because... well, what's the point of that?*

*Obviously, this is a good thing overall.

Heh - when I SAW the dates, I said, "well, what's the point of that?"

:)

It's different...

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 16:57 (3246 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I suppose the argument could be made that I get to DRINK my Red Bull first - but after reading this forum, I was under the impression that 95% of players are just going to pour it down the drain anyway, so...

Dude! There are health and safety laws prohibiting that! Not to mention the damage it would cause to your pipes! :p

I'm part of the problem.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:19 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I am going to buy it and I'm excited about the cross promotion! I think I'll try to make a day of it with probablylast and rep Dead Orbit while we walk to 7-11 full homo.

They have something specifically for you.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:54 (3247 days ago) @ Funkmon

No sizing info!

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:07 (3247 days ago) @ bluerunner

- No text -

I'm part of the problem.

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 20:44 (3246 days ago) @ Funkmon

Not gonna lie, I traveled a half hour for Halo 2 Mountain Dew Slurpees.

I kept a full gamefuel bottle for 6 years. We aren't alone!

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 23:24 (3246 days ago) @ Harmanimus

- No text -

Wondering how Cody will handle this...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:41 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Is this not, in a way, a microtransaction? You're paying for timed buffs (buy as many as you want!) and earlier access to a story mission...

Surely that fits the bill...

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:44 (3247 days ago) @ Korny

Is this not, in a way, a microtransaction? You're paying for timed buffs (buy as many as you want!) and earlier access to a story mission...

Surely that fits the bill...

Once again, imho I don't think it is. Just like the Nepal shirt, what you are buying isn't the extra level or experience boost, you are buying the Red bull drink and then you get the additions for free.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:49 (3247 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Korny has a point. It's dangerously close, and possibly even over the edge. Today might be a tough day.

Yeah...

by RaichuKFM @, Northeastern Ohio, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:56 (3247 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The real reason the Nepal thing wouldn't count is, you know, charity, no?

I don't think Red Bull is the same level of morally good...

Yeah...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:03 (3247 days ago) @ RaichuKFM

The real reason the Nepal thing wouldn't count is, you know, charity, no?

I don't think Red Bull is the same level of morally good...

Red bull actually tried a few years back to get corporate shills elected to the USPA board in order to change the rules regarding demo skydives. Rules that were very sensible and put in place to protect jumper and spectator alike. They did this of course because they wanted to do a bunch of low exit jumps for red bull events. They convinced some otherwise respectable skydivers it was a good idea and to run for the board. Thankfully we wised up, saw their plan and didn't elect those who were being supported by them.

They had no qualms about going in and ruining a sport I hold near and dear just so they could make money.

So fuck Red Bull. I can wait till January.

I'm intrigued

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:08 (3247 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Is there somewhere I can read about that in a bit more detail?

Searched but all I could find was Red Bull adverts and publicity.

I'm intrigued

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:20 (3247 days ago) @ someotherguy

Is there somewhere I can read about that in a bit more detail?

Searched but all I could find was Red Bull adverts and publicity.

Here's a good thread which discusses the beginnings of this. The next year, a bunch of candidates sponsored by Red Bull ran. The one from my region was Eli Thompson. He was a pretty famous BASE jumper and Freeflyer sponsored by Red Bull.

I loved him in Boardwalk Empire.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:49 (3247 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Thanks!

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:55 (3247 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

January...2024?

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:08 (3247 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I'm with MacAddict. Perilously close though.

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:03 (3247 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Nope. I am buying the quest and getting a free energy drink.

by Funkmon @, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:13 (3247 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

- No text -

That's dumb but...

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:01 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

...quests usually involve me carrying around a bucket to gather enemy tears so I'm not too bothered by a month or two wait for that.

Feels like Avengers on my cereal box promotion crap.

That's dumb but...

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:06 (3247 days ago) @ Leviathan

Kill fallen and collect their red bull caps.

Destroy vex harpies and collect their wings!

That's dumb but...

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 15:37 (3246 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I'm sort of laughing but also sort of crying.

It's another "Timed Exclusive"

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 16:07 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

HAHAHAHAHA

by car15, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 16:38 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Rather than state my opinion on this, which I'm sure you all can guess, I will leave you with this.

[image]

It's a flier sent out to employees to help them explain and sell the quest.

"Destiny consumers are used to paying a premium for downloadable content similar to this quest."

This reads like a parody. I'm cracking up.

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 16:42 (3247 days ago) @ car15

- No text -

Throwing money at my screen right now.

by bluerunner @, Music City, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 16:52 (3247 days ago) @ car15

- No text -

10/10

by car15, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 16:53 (3247 days ago) @ bluerunner

You are hopeless to resist!

HAHAHAHAHA

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 22:58 (3246 days ago) @ car15

Rather than state my opinion on this, which I'm sure you all can guess, I will leave you with this.

[image]

It's a flier sent out to employees to help them explain and sell the quest.

"Destiny consumers are used to paying a premium for downloadable content similar to this quest."

I'm pretty sure it's not even for run-of-the-mill employees, it sounds too... businessy. It sounds like stuff the people making deals or convincing executives or maybe managers would say, not stuff you tell the cashier at 7-11, and obviously not anything you would tell the consumers directly. This and a bunch of similar pictures are in an imgur album together, and several of those pictures are marked "CONFIDENTIAL", so it may not have been even intended to leave Red Bull or the advertising agency that created it.

HAHAHAHAHA

by Vortech @, A Fourth Wheel, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 17:34 (3246 days ago) @ General Vagueness

My guess based on the tone would be that it was written for third-party marketing firms that they have hired for it.

Activision is so stupid

by Avateur @, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 18:29 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Red Bull? For real? Red Bull may give you wings, but Powerthirst gives you BIRDS!

[image]

They clearly chose the wrong drink. Plus, I already have Ruin Wings! What a horrible marketing ploy, trying to sell me the same content I already bought. To this point, I have no way of becoming THE BIRDMAN in Destiny. Activision just doesn't get gamers, birds, or marketing. Maybe one day they'll get it together.

Techland had some fun with this Red Bull thing

by Avateur @, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 19:20 (3247 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

https://twitter.com/DyingLightGame/status/613758146830594048/photo/1

That's fantastic. They're also marketing the drink of champs, so there's no going wrong with this one!

Awesome

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 19:24 (3247 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

Haha, I didn't realize techland = dying light. My bad.

by Kahzgul, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 16:57 (3246 days ago) @ Avateur

- No text -

Dying Light answers with their own cross-drink promotion

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 21:05 (3246 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Okay, that's kind of great

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 21:14 (3246 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

Beautiful...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 21:32 (3246 days ago) @ Kahzgul

post-patch, Destiny has been acting really wonky for me. I might just fire up Dying Light...

Dying Light answers with their own cross-drink promotion

by Avateur @, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 22:03 (3246 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Yeah... That's brilliant. Good job people. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, June 25, 2015, 00:20 (3246 days ago) @ Kahzgul

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread