Jumping on the band wagon (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, June 26, 2015, 11:38 (3234 days ago)

Apparently people are following in Bungivison's foot steps! Actual article.

[image]

I'm pretty sure this is actually real. I mean, they are making fun of Bungie, but it's a real deal.

Great PR move if real

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, June 26, 2015, 11:43 (3234 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Make fun of a topical subject and give free stuff to participants? That'll earn you brownie points with the masses.

Ctrl+Alt+Del's take on Red Bull Promotion

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 26, 2015, 12:20 (3234 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Haha

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, June 26, 2015, 12:47 (3234 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

bahaha! That's just what my morning needed!

by breitzen @, Kansas, Friday, June 26, 2015, 13:08 (3234 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

I love CAD

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, June 26, 2015, 13:33 (3234 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

I wonder if webcomic artists ever get picked up by papers.

by Funkmon @, Friday, June 26, 2015, 16:03 (3233 days ago) @ Xenos

Even though they do fewer per week, it seems like the hit rate on the big webcomics is way higher than in newspaper ones. I still pick up The Detroit News on Sundays and I am surprised at how bad the comics are every week.

I wonder if webcomic artists ever get picked up by papers.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, June 26, 2015, 16:42 (3233 days ago) @ Funkmon

Even though they do fewer per week, it seems like the hit rate on the big webcomics is way higher than in newspaper ones. I still pick up The Detroit News on Sundays and I am surprised at how bad the comics are every week.

A successful newspaper comic artist gets paid much worse than a successful webcomic artist nowadays (a big part of which comes down to they get a much bigger percentage of the profits). I would imagine a lot of the good would-be newspaper comics are webcomics instead.

I think PVP has.

by Quirel, Friday, June 26, 2015, 16:55 (3233 days ago) @ Funkmon

I think the greatest barrier to entry is that newspaper comics have to appeal to an incredibly broad audience, which is why they they're so bland and boring. Webcomics have a narrower appeal, so they can afford to be topical. What percentage of the Detroit News's readership do you think will find CAD funny on a regular basis?

The other problem is that the funnies are aimed at kids. Webcomics are typically aimed at older audiences, so the humor will either miss or piss off the soccer moms.

Jumping on the band wagon

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, June 26, 2015, 13:21 (3234 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I'd rather take part in that competition. At least I won't be pouring it out.

Alright, y'all who like Red Bull, raise your hands.

by Quirel, Friday, June 26, 2015, 16:57 (3233 days ago) @ Morpheus

*Waves*

Prefer sugar free Monster.. but Red Bull & Vodka is tasty

by unoudid @, Somewhere over the rainbow, Friday, June 26, 2015, 17:11 (3233 days ago) @ Quirel

- No text -

You guys get React over there?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, June 26, 2015, 18:20 (3233 days ago) @ Quirel

That's a tasty energy drink. Red Bull is so-so.

Coffee is love. Coffee is life.

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Saturday, June 27, 2015, 12:05 (3233 days ago) @ Quirel

- No text -

All hail coffee, the Elixir of Life!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Saturday, June 27, 2015, 13:03 (3233 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

- No text -

Nuh uh

by ZackDark @, Not behind you. NO! Don't look., Saturday, June 27, 2015, 13:43 (3233 days ago) @ Anton P. Nym (aka Steve)

Vanilla milkshake is obviously the materialization of love.

Warframe is now giving 3 free emotes to all players

by Kahzgul, Friday, June 26, 2015, 14:47 (3233 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

And already had a good 12 to choose from.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread