I live a life of quiet desperation. (quality shitpost) (Destiny)

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 01:57 (3191 days ago)
edited by iconicbanana, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 02:02

I will preface this by saying that my in-laws are absolutely wonderful people. None of you have in-laws as awesome as they are. That being said, my father-in-law is a very old-school, hunt-fish-camp, ganje-smokin hippy. My mother-in-law is a japanese farm girl who does a lot of tai-chi and guided meditation. Both of my in-laws are somewhat fearful of technology, and vidya is probably, in their eyes, a tremendous waste of time (why waste your time with a computer game when you could spend it drinking, amirite?).

As a result, I don't really spend a lot of time trying to explain the Destiny t-shirts I wear in our cohabitated space, and on the whole, I keep the gaming to myself.

We good on the setup? So I'm out to dinner tonight with my lovely but not entirely understanding in-laws, having a nice time at the sports bar. It not being a sporting night, one of the tv's is dedicated to music videos. Half way through my pizza, I hear my father-in-law say, "Is that fucking Paul McCartney?" I turn around in my chair to look at said television.

I shit you not.

I turn back to him. "Why yes it is," I say.

"What the fuck am I seeing here?" he says. I look down at my t-shirt.

[image]

"I'm not sure, Tim. Pretty stupid though."

It aint all bad

by Up North 65 @, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 02:15 (3191 days ago) @ iconicbanana

[image]

It aint all bad

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 02:16 (3191 days ago) @ Up North 65

I see your kitten and raise you to kittens

by Up North 65 @, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 02:25 (3191 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I'm like the John Wayne Gacy of kittens.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 02:28 (3191 days ago) @ Up North 65
edited by iconicbanana, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 02:33

[image]
Also I'm blind.

I'm like the National Archive of kitten stuff

by Up North 65 @, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 02:34 (3191 days ago) @ iconicbanana

[image]
[image]

Goddam epic post

by yakaman, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 02:29 (3191 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Heh.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 03:35 (3191 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

Don't worry... there's hope for the future.

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 04:50 (3191 days ago) @ iconicbanana

- No text -

+1

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 04:52 (3191 days ago) @ Claude Errera

- No text -

Ditto

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 07:39 (3191 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I'm from backwoods Mississippi folk. My parents didn't get a "answering machine" until probably 2005 or later. They all believe gaming is a total waste of time, but watching golf for 4 hours on the weekend is totally cool (and I agree, nothing will put you to sleep like a guy whispering softly while gentle breezes and birds chirping play in the background).

I commented in a post a few days back about comparing gaming to hunting. I can sit in a tree stand for 8-10 hours with little to no movement staring into the woods and that is somehow better than sitting in front of a tv.

Ditto

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 12:33 (3190 days ago) @ red robber

Yeah, my parents think gaming is a waste of time too, but for entirely different reasons. They are the kind of people who never relax more than enough time to watch Jeopardy a few times a week.

You did the right thing.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 07:54 (3191 days ago) @ iconicbanana

I'm visiting family out of state and I noticed my teenage cousin has a copy of Halo in his room.

"Oh, dude! Halo! I love Halo! Got two controllers?!"
"Nope."
"Oh."
"I don't even like Halo anymore."
"Well, have you tried Destiny? Best game I have ever played!"
"Yep."
"What did you think?"
"It sucked and I sold it."
"You're retarded."
"You're balding."

Mark that down as another loss, bro.

by ProbablyLast, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 14:03 (3190 days ago) @ Funkmon

Not as good as the teabagging guy, but still.

You did the right thing.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 14:12 (3190 days ago) @ Funkmon

I'm visiting family out of state and I noticed my teenage cousin has a copy of Halo in his room.

"Oh, dude! Halo! I love Halo! Got two controllers?!"
"Nope."
"Oh."
"I don't even like Halo anymore."
"Well, have you tried Destiny? Best game I have ever played!"
"Yep."
"What did you think?"
"It sucked and I sold it."
"You're retarded."
"You're balding."

Why didn't you ask him about Avril?

No Avril poster or anything.

by Funkmon @, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 14:17 (3190 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

You should have gotten some friends and teabagged him.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 14:35 (3190 days ago) @ Funkmon
edited by iconicbanana, Saturday, July 04, 2015, 14:40

That one will never get old.

You did the right thing.

by BeardFade ⌂, Portland, OR, Sunday, July 05, 2015, 23:56 (3189 days ago) @ Funkmon

As a bald person, I always recommend shaving the dome. Takes away people's ammunition.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread