Exotic Concept: An Old Comrade (Fan Creations)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, July 10, 2015, 04:56 (3223 days ago)
edited by Korny, Friday, July 10, 2015, 05:04

Founders-only weapon. Available to players who reached rank 20 on or before 7/7/2015.

Player must use a Runed Core, Weapon Core, Etheric Light, and Exotic Shard on their Khvostov to upgrade it (both signaling their accomplishments, making use of their DLC purchases, and preventing early access from returning low levels).

[image]
"I must return to my old comrades of the Great War; for I am dead with them, and they live in me again."

Element:
Arc Damage*
Solar Damage*
Void Damage*
*One active Element at a time.

Rate of Fire:
█████████████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 62

Impact
███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 35

Range
████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 25

Stability
███████████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 50

Reload
███████████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 50
Magazine: 25

Barrel:

• Aggressive Ballistics
  • Smart Drift Control
  • CQB Ballistics

Perks:

• Crowd Control

• Snapshot
    High Caliber Rounds
    Flared Magwell

• Exotic Perk:
    Keep Telling Our Story- Depending on the equipped element, activating a grenade throw while grenade is in Cooldown will cause weapon to launch a Flashbang, Incendiary, or Vortex Grenade. (Seventy-seven Second Cooldown)

--------------------

I've had this idea for the longest time, but haven't been able to tweak it right until now. I felt that there needed to be a truly special and exclusive item for those who first forged their legends in Destiny. Something distinct, and which hearkened back to the beginning, while helping them push forward. So I added a Murmur-like ability to switch the equipped element.
    I wanted the Khvostov's improvement to be something worth coveting, but not overly overpowered (and wanted to keep the original cracked sights and behaviors), so the range was kept pretty short, but the impact was increased to give it a punch at close range (as Auto Rifles should have). Highest impact of any Auto Rifle, but it makes up for the slow fire rate.

I also came up with the idea of a grenade launcher that fired the starting grenades of each starting class (depending on selected element, which is represented by a glow on the left of the weapon), adding an exotic utility to the weapon, and making it truly unique. To balance it and prevent grenade spam, there is an un-interruptable seventy-seven second cooldown (persists through death), so it's longer than even 0% Discipline. To tell whether the grenade was ready, the light on the left would be dim and fill up slowly, popping into a bright glow when the cooldown was complete.

Aesthetically, I opted for a white paint job to make it stand out in-game, and to be a call-back to the winter wars that the Russians fought in (although I did make a black variant). Other than that and the grenade launcher attachment, though, the gun is the same as the Khvostov, down to the cracked sights. Nostalgia as a weapon of war, no?

Exotic Concept: An Old Comrade

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, July 10, 2015, 05:03 (3223 days ago) @ Korny

Founders-only weapon. Available to players who reached rank 20 on or before 7/7/2015.

Player must use a Runed Core, Weapon Core, Etheric Light, and Exotic Shard on their Khvostov

How many people kept that weapon? Nobody I know. Except you? Deleting a character to go get another would kind of suck. Otherwise, the idea is pretty good.

I still have two.

by iconicbanana, C2-H5-OH + NAD, Portland, OR, Friday, July 10, 2015, 05:06 (3223 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, July 10, 2015, 05:06 (3223 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Korny, Friday, July 10, 2015, 05:11

Player must use a Runed Core, Weapon Core, Etheric Light, and Exotic Shard on their Khvostov

How many people kept that weapon? Nobody I know. Except you? Deleting a character to go get another would kind of suck. Otherwise, the idea is pretty good.

Yeah, only the truly dedicated would get it. That's the idea. ;)

But look online. Lots of people are vocal about an exotic version, so clearly a good number have kept theirs.

Sharded yours, but Don't want to delete a character to get the exotic? That's fine, you won't get it.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, July 10, 2015, 05:39 (3223 days ago) @ Korny

Yeah, only the truly dedicated would get it. That's the idea. ;)

But look online. Lots of people are vocal about an exotic version, so clearly a good number have kept theirs.

Sharded yours, but Don't want to delete a character to get the exotic? That's fine, you won't get it.

Again, prestige in having an exotic is stupid. You should not have to do something stupid like delete a character to get it.

no one would force you to delete a char

by Raflection, Friday, July 10, 2015, 06:56 (3223 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The idea is that it is obtainable first to those of us who kept them.

The gun would still be 100% available to everyone just will be quicker for the few

I have at least one.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, July 10, 2015, 05:16 (3223 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I have all 3 lol

by Raflection, Friday, July 10, 2015, 06:54 (3223 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I bet unoudid has 4.

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 10, 2015, 11:13 (3223 days ago) @ Raflection

- No text -

You kept your starting ships but not the Khvostov?

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, July 10, 2015, 08:17 (3223 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

the first ship looks best, dismantled strangers rifle too :/

by DocOctavius, Orlando Florida, Friday, July 10, 2015, 08:48 (3223 days ago) @ someotherguy

- No text -

The version that hasn't been fixed by shipwright > *

by Funkmon @, Friday, July 10, 2015, 11:14 (3223 days ago) @ DocOctavius

- No text -

Yeah, I have 3 for when I wanna go retro ^_^

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, July 10, 2015, 12:33 (3223 days ago) @ Funkmon

- No text -

i have 1 still

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Friday, July 10, 2015, 11:36 (3223 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

I kept mine to troll people in PVP

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Friday, July 10, 2015, 13:02 (3223 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, July 10, 2015, 13:28 (3223 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Who would shard their Khvostov?

Kids these days just don't appreciate the old ways.

Love this, Korny!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, July 10, 2015, 11:48 (3223 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Way Way WAAAY Too OP.

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Friday, July 10, 2015, 11:49 (3223 days ago) @ Korny

Being able to switch between all three elements? That means you're never going to use any other weapon ever for the rest of your life.

I'd rather go for a weapon that does kinetic damage stacked with an element. It would be like double the damage--an extra kick for those with that elemental weakness!

I know the grenade launcher thing sounds like a good idea, but 77 seconds is a really long time. What about those with two grenades? Do they get two shots? Is it affected by Catapult? Does it have to be those grenades specifically?

Oh, and the Etheric Light needs to be removed. All the Legendary weapons use Etheric Light. All the Exotics use Exotic Shards. No one weapon is going to be justified needing both.

Way Way WAAAY Too OP.

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, July 10, 2015, 12:33 (3223 days ago) @ Morpheus

Being able to switch between all three elements? That means you're never going to use any other weapon ever for the rest of your life.

It's a short-range auto rifle exotic. Other elemental weapons are better at both long (Fang of Ir Yut) and short (4th Horseman) ranges, and some, like Fatebringer and Murmur don't require an exotic slot. It is a reward, though, so of course it should have an edge over other elemental weapons.

I'd rather go for a weapon that does kinetic damage stacked with an element. It would be like double the damage--an extra kick for those with that elemental weakness!

What would be the difference?

I know the grenade launcher thing sounds like a good idea, but 77 seconds is a really long time. What about those with two grenades? Do they get two shots? Is it affected by Catapult? Does it have to be those grenades specifically?

It is a long time. It's supposed to be an extra ability that you wouldn't otherwise have.
The gun is separate from any class abilities or gear perks. You wouldn't get two grenades; you'd have to wait until both of your grenades were in cooldown. It's not affected by Catapult, as that's a player modifier. And it does only fire those three grenades, which are very useful in different ways as it is, and would complement any of your grenades.

Oh, and the Etheric Light needs to be removed. All the Legendary weapons use Etheric Light. All the Exotics use Exotic Shards. No one weapon is going to be justified needing both.

But this weapon would be jumping from a low-damage White rarity straight to Exotic, so normal rules don't apply. Etheric Light increases damage, Exotic Shard makes it exotic... Unless you prefer requiring the Crux of Crota instead...

I *do* have a spare Crux...

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Friday, July 10, 2015, 12:37 (3223 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Way Way WAAAY Too OP.

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, July 10, 2015, 15:07 (3223 days ago) @ Morpheus

Maybe a better idea is a kinetic gun which does full damage to shields. That way it's useful, but doesn't get a benefit on burn mods.

I DON'T HAVE A KHVOSTKOV!!!!

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Friday, July 10, 2015, 23:37 (3222 days ago) @ Korny

And I don't have an open character slot :( But its a great idea. I too have mentioned something similar to upgrading the khvostkov to either a legendary or exotic.

Kudos for the use of extended ascii characters.

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Saturday, July 11, 2015, 04:35 (3222 days ago) @ Korny

- No text -

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread